Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos ESPN Insider Rumor Central

Trading up?

<Apr. 25> The biggest buzz on Wednesday was the calls made by the Denver Broncos exploring scenarios to trade up, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.
    Despite reports earlier in the week they were trying to move up to the No. 2 pick, the reality is they are trying to get to around the 10th or 11th pick. Should they get up to that point, the Broncos might be in a position to get players such as defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, linebacker Patrick Willis or defensive end Adam Carriker. Though many of the offers were a little short, they were supposedly good enough for teams to consider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Just letting you guys know.....
    Last edited by BroncosRule23; 04-25-2007, 06:27 PM.
    Goal Line Blitz - Football MMORPG

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=29101449

I knew those stupid rumors were false. Shanny would never give up an entire draft for a single player. But yeah 10th or 11th sounds good to me as long as we don't lose to much of our draft for it. That puts us into position to grab Carriker or Anderson, that would rock.
    Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

Don't write the Calvin Johnson rumors off quite yet; Denver may be attempting to get up to #10 to offer to the Lions in a package for CJ. #10 is a lot more attractive than #21, especially since the Lions allegedly like Willis and should be able to get him at 10.

Comment

if denver traded there whole draft this year for ten. and then offered detroit 10 there next year one and 2 of 3 they could and might get it
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
          Don't write the Calvin Johnson rumors off quite yet; Denver may be attempting to get up to #10 to offer to the Lions in a package for CJ. #10 is a lot more attractive than #21, especially since the Lions allegedly like Willis and should be able to get him at 10.
          While I would never put anything past Shanahan, I would classify those chances as remote. Trading up seems crazy to me, to be honest. We have some immediate needs in MLB, DE, DT, S, WR, OL (even if it's only for depth and future grooming) and I think trading back so that we have 2-3 2nd round picks, 3-4 3rd round picks, increases our chances of finding some solid players.

That being said, I hope we end up with Anderson at 21 or Willis or Carriker at 10.

Let's get it on!
          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

trading up and losing our second and one of our third round picks to get a player that either doesnt fit our system or to trade up and get a player with the same skills as a player who will most likely drop to us at 21 (i.e. anderson, branch, carriker, nelson) makes no sense to me

While I would never put anything past Shanahan, I would classify those chances as remote. Trading up seems crazy to me, to be honest. We have some immediate needs in MLB, DE, DT, S, WR, OL (even if it's only for depth and future grooming) and I think trading back so that we have 2-3 2nd round picks, 3-4 3rd round picks, increases our chances of finding some solid players.

what also doesnt make sense to me is trading our 1st rounder to move back. For example if we traded out of the first round with the niners we would only get their 2nd rounder and two of their 4ths. IMO Absolutely not worth it either way you look at it. Just stay where we are at and hope some good talent at a position of need will drop to us and we still have THREE first day picks.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SS #38
              I knew those stupid rumors were false. Shanny would never give up an entire draft for a single player. But yeah 10th or 11th sounds good to me as long as we don't lose to much of our draft for it. That puts us into position to grab Carriker or Anderson, that would rock.
              I doubt they were false... Denver had already made 2 attempts to get the lions pick, but the FO knows we don't have enough to offer, so it's no longer being pursued...

Comment

You guys kill me sometimes. Lol. Look nobody knows what this teams "needs" are except the Broncos front office. If we have a chance to get the best player in the draft, then lets go get him....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                  if denver traded there whole draft this year for ten. and then offered detroit 10 there next year one and 2 of 3 they could and might get it

I read in another thread that moving up to the 10th spot in the draft would cost us Our 1st 2nd and I think one of our 3rd round choices. While I'm not in love with idea giving up that many picks at least it would be an entire draft.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

if denver trades up in the first for anderson i want them to go after shaun rogers or jenkins. as i think this could make the D better and address linebacker next year if webster or vaughan dont step up
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

It wouldn't be a bad idea. But we don't need Calvin Johnson. Our receiving core is pretty good right now, no need to waste a first round pick on a receiver (even if he's a great talent). We've been avoiding drafting DL for the past few years. We need it now. We need a DE or a DT.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                      2. Taxes
                      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

I hope we land Okoye.

He isn't even fully grown yet and he's just going to get smarter.

Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                          It wouldn't be a bad idea. But we don't need Calvin Johnson. Our receiving core is pretty good right now, no need to waste a first round pick on a receiver (even if he's a great talent). We've been avoiding drafting DL for the past few years. We need it now. We need a DE or a DT.

Honestly I don't think Shanahan is targeting Johnson. I think he's targeting a DE like Carriker or Anderson.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Honestly I don't think Shanahan is targeting Johnson. I think he's targeting a DE like Carriker or Anderson.
                            Especially since the draft that Shanny took Darrent, Paymah, Foxworth, and Clarett.............I don't even try to guess what in the heck he is going to do.

-Cause I ain't got no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                              Especially since the draft that Shanny took Darrent, Paymah, Foxworth, and Clarett.............I don't even try to guess what in the heck he is going to do.

-Cause I ain't got no clue.
                              You would have easier time breaking the bank in Vegas than trying to figure out what Shanahan is going to do.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X