A DE here, A DE there, everywhere a DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A DE here, A DE there, everywhere a DE

OK, let's end the debate here....who do you all really want to see the Broncos draft at DE? Make your choice with consideration for what they would have to give up to get a player like Carriker, for example...
    Nebraska DE Adam Carriker
    13.41%
    Arkansas DE Jamaal Anderson
    51.22%
    Florida DE Jarvis Moss
    8.54%
    Purdue DE Anthony Spencer
    8.54%
    Take another position and go DE in Round Two
    18.29%

Jarvis Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
      Jarvis Moss
      I voted for Anderson, just because I think we can get up into the 13-14 range without mortgaging the whole draft if he is still there....BUT, if we can't do that, I still say Anthony Spencer at #21.

Comment

Jamaal Anderson baby!

I've been on this bandwagon awhile and I don't plan on jumping off anytime soon

Comment

To me Jarvis Moss has a chance to be the most prolific sack artist in this DE class. He has exceptional closing speed to get to the QB. SPEED SPEED SPEED

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
            To me Jarvis Moss has a chance to be the most prolific sack artist in this DE class. He has exceptional closing speed to get to the QB. SPEED SPEED SPEED
            besides gaines adams i suppose...

i am not at all impressed with jarvis moss, as almost all of his sacks that i have seen in video are when the blocking breaks down or when he takes the corner. we already have dumervil to rush the corner, we need a guy that actually has some moves and can make things happen when he doesn't get a great jump or when the play goes the other direction...

i voted jamaal anderson, because he is a great pass rusher, but a much more complete DE than moss. if he drops or we trade up for him (without giving up too much) i would be very happy. if we stay where we are at and anderson doesn't fall, my vote goes to anthony spencer (sig) as he seems to have a great motor, and plays with much more power than moss, but still has a great first step and speed to take the edge.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

make it a trade down for denver and make it a spencer kinda day and i am happy
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                make it a trade down for denver and make it a spencer kinda day and i am happy
                apart from having anderson or branch drop to 21, that would be my favorite result at the very least pick up an extra 3rd to be used on a wr.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."

Comment

Well Anderson is not falling anywhere near you guys so he would take alot to
                  aqquire... I dont think people took it into consideration that they would have
                  to move into the top 13 to get Anderson.

OMG WE ARE TALKING TO HOUSTAN, actually as Crugel brought up earlier today...
                  Why would Houstan trade away thier 10th pick when Adrian Peterson, thier targeted
                  guy, might fall to them? It would make no sense... Anderson will be the best...
                  But SPencer is probably the only one that will be at #21. I think Spencer is a 3-4
                  LB/DE and that you'd waste a pick on him int he first round... but i'd rather you
                  guys wait till round 2 than to take him. There is alot of good talent, even through
                  Spencer, but it dies off about mid second round.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                    Well Anderson is not falling anywhere near you guys so he would take alot to
                    aqquire... I dont think people took it into consideration that they would have
                    to move into the top 13 to get Anderson.

OMG WE ARE TALKING TO HOUSTAN, actually as Crugel brought up earlier today...
                    Why would Houstan trade away thier 10th pick when Adrian Peterson, thier targeted
                    guy, might fall to them? It would make no sense... Anderson will be the best...
                    But SPencer is probably the only one that will be at #21. I think Spencer is a 3-4
                    LB/DE and that you'd waste a pick on him int he first round... but i'd rather you
                    guys wait till round 2 than to take him. There is alot of good talent, even through
                    Spencer, but it dies off about mid second round.
                    it's all a dream for us, but there have been a lot of mocks lately that have anderson falling to us. like anything, it's not out of the question.

and it can easily make sense to trade down, as they will receive equal or more value for that position that it is worth. missing out on peterson can mean picking up 2 more impact players possibly. you have no way of knowing what direction they want to go.

spencer was initially projected as a 3-4 olb, but as he showed in drills, he is stiff in the hips, and not great in coverage. maybe a team will still try him at it, but a lot of scouts think that he will be great if he keeps his hand on the ground. a lot of them even think that even if he works as a 3-4 olb, it would be a waste of his talent at shedding blocks and rushing the passer, as well as his jump off the snap from his stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
                      it's all a dream for us, but there have been a lot of mocks lately that have anderson falling to us. like anything, it's not out of the question.

and it can easily make sense to trade down, as they will receive equal or more value for that position that it is worth. missing out on peterson can mean picking up 2 more impact players possibly. you have no way of knowing what direction they want to go.

spencer was initially projected as a 3-4 olb, but as he showed in drills, he is stiff in the hips, and not great in coverage. maybe a team will still try him at it, but a lot of scouts think that he will be great if he keeps his hand on the ground. a lot of them even think that even if he works as a 3-4 olb, it would be a waste of his talent at shedding blocks and rushing the passer, as well as his jump off the snap from his stance.
                      Agreed....Spencer is a full-on 4-3 DE...just like Derrick Burgess, Bert Berry, Alex Brown, et all.

Personally, I think Spencer would finally replace what we lost when Berry left, which would be a great addition for us, IMO.

I look at Tamba Hali taken at #19 last year and think Anthony Spencer will be a better player than he is, so the value is there at #21, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24

Yes, but these same mocks had him being the first overall DE taken. His stock is
                        not falling that much. Its been reasured, at least to me, many time by "experts".

No, i dont know if you know this... but last year Houstan passed on Reggie Bush
                        and took sooo much crap for it. If Peterson is there at #10, do you understand
                        how unbearable it woudl be to be anywhere near in charge of the Texans?
                        There biggest need is RB, followed by CB. At #10 they are getting the best of
                        either position.

Coming off the 3-4 he can be a Demarcus Ware, or a Shawne Merrys-men. He will
                        still be able to rush the passer every other down, but they can use his speed all
                        too.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                          Agreed....Spencer is a full-on 4-3 DE...just like Derrick Burgess, Bert Berry, Alex Brown, et all.

Personally, I think Spencer would finally replace what we lost when Berry left, which would be a great addition for us, IMO.

I look at Tamba Hali taken at #19 last year and think Anthony Spencer will be a better player than he is, so the value is there at #21, IMO.
                          This also coming from the guy that said it woudl be smart to trade you whole draft
                          for Calvin Johnson... Coming from a guy that most likely laughed at the Tamba Hali
                          pick, coming from a guy just praising someone Denver might get...

I mean heck, your gonna support whoever you get. Spencer is not near a top
                          notch DE in this draft, he is a DE/OLB tweener. He doesnt have the strength,
                          the motor, the attitude, or the quickness (dont confuse that with speed) that
                          Hali had/has. The guy that i find close to Hali is Victor Abiamiri.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                            Yes, but these same mocks had him being the first overall DE taken. His stock is
                            not falling that much. Its been reasured, at least to me, many time by "experts".

No, i dont know if you know this... but last year Houstan passed on Reggie Bush
                            and took sooo much crap for it. If Peterson is there at #10, do you understand
                            how unbearable it woudl be to be anywhere near in charge of the Texans?
                            There biggest need is RB, followed by CB. At #10 they are getting the best of
                            either position.

Coming off the 3-4 he can be a Demarcus Ware, or a Shawne Merrys-men. He will
                            still be able to rush the passer every other down, but they can use his speed all
                            too.

Not really....Top picks can be busts as well, and Peterson will be expensive and has been injury prone, so what if he turns out to be the next Ki-Jana Carter?

....the 49ers re-built their Dynasty in the late 80's by trading down and taking multiple players in the second and third and fourth rounds...

The move could be a good one for the Texans, provided they take the right players...you know what they say, the more bullets you have in the gun...

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                              Not really....Top picks can be busts as well, and Peterson will be expensive and has been injury prone, so what if he turns out to be the next Ki-Jana Carter?

....the 49ers re-built their Dynasty in the late 80's by trading down and taking multiple players in the second and third and fourth rounds...

The move could be a good one for the Texans, provided they take the right players...you know what they say, the more bullets you have in the gun...
                              AP has one injury and he is injury prone, i know its the only thing people have against
                              him and they are not afraid to use it.

Also, during the Raiders great years with Madden, all they did is draft the best player as high up as they could. They didnt care if they had the best RB, if there
                              was a great RB out there... they'd take him. Trading down, would destroy that
                              strategy. Drafts are strategies... and Houstan NEEDS to redeem the RB loss of last
                              year.

Also, give me one bullet in a shotgun and one extra shell, vs you having 1 bullet in a handgun with 2 bullets in a second clip and we will see who wins.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X