Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is that it wont mis fire
    ok, cause draft busts never happen.

Everyone knows he re-broke his Collar bone... It doesnt make a difference. Give him
    a full offseason to heal, and he will be fine.. he wont have that luxery thsi year and
    he will still be fine. You gotta understand a year or a year and a half doesnt make
    you injury prone... Kris Jenkins for example.. Has played what 4 full years and had
    1 or 2 shortened years but he is injury proned... at least on this board.. .same with
    AP.
    from nfldraftcountdown:
    "Durability is a major concern and he was unable to even make it through a entire college season healthy."

Thats where your wrong, he used his speed to get his "tackles". Abiamiri, Moses,
    and Johnson all had more tackles for a loss than Spencer... adn they are second
    rounders.. .WHy? Cuz they didnt move down the line, or chase down carriers cuz
    they are DEs not tweeners.
    i love that you bluntly call me wrong when you are talking out of your a**. last season abiamiri has 15 tackles for loss, moses had 12 tackles for loss, and johnson had 19 tackles for loss...

but holy wowza! guess what dude?! spencer had 26.5 tackles for loss last season! omg!

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
      I voted for Anderson, just because I think we can get up into the 13-14 range without mortgaging the whole draft if he is still there....BUT, if we can't do that, I still say Anthony Spencer at #21.

Exactly, I like Spencer and think he would be a great pick but if we able to draft Anderson that would be better.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I actually agree with you Mind on this one. However, I think you all will be surprised on draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
          I actually agree with you Mind on this one. However, I think you all will be surprised on draft day.
          There really isn't much surprises me when it comes to Shanahan and the draft.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
            am i the only one that is dreading the surprise taht is bound to come? i hope that the surprise is that we do the safe, conservative thing and trade down for an extra pick. that would be very surprising, and i would be very happy.

i just can't shake the fear that we trade up to 10, then trade up to 2, and then take jarvis moss (or something equally ridiculous).. i mean the cutler thing worked out great, but i'd be content just taking what we already have... maybe that makes ME crazy

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Anderson...and it's not even close. Watch the film on him (check a site like Yahoo!). He's a freak.

Comment

mickey the mope would be an upgrade at DE, however Mikey has never drafted a DE in the first so I'll call it now and say the earliest he will bite on one is round two but more likely round 3

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                  Yes, but these same mocks had him being the first overall DE taken. His stock is
                  not falling that much. Its been reasured, at least to me, many time by "experts".

No, i dont know if you know this... but last year Houstan passed on Reggie Bush
                  and took sooo much crap for it. If Peterson is there at #10, do you understand
                  how unbearable it woudl be to be anywhere near in charge of the Texans?
                  There biggest need is RB, followed by CB. At #10 they are getting the best of
                  either position.

Coming off the 3-4 he can be a Demarcus Ware, or a Shawne Merrys-men. He will
                  still be able to rush the passer every other down, but they can use his speed all
                  too.
                  You're right about this! It will be tough for Houston to pass on the chance to get Peterson after having passed on both Reggie Bush and Vince Young last year.

But, suppose they traded back to around #15? They get an additional 2nd round pick and still get Lynch? Remember that the Texans have MANY needs.

In fact all the loser teams in this league have a big problem. They pick at the top of the draft and have the chance to get an impact player or two in any draft.

But, they need about 10 impact players. Houston has drafted a few so they probably need maybe 3 or 4 at this point. The 49ers got their franchise QB in Alex Smith and a big target to throw to in Vernon Davis, plus some other good players to build around and are on the way up.

The Titans got Vince Young and they won a few more games as a result.

But to go from mediocre (maybe 7 or 8 wins) to elite (11 to 13 wins, a division title and maybe a win in the playoffs with a chance to go to the SB) is a HUGE step.

That takes a lot. The Steelers made the jump with Ben Roethlisberger, but then they fell back. Other than them, the same teams seem to be there year after year: in the AFC, the Chargers, Broncos, Patriots, Colts, Steelers (other than this year). These teams have been good for years. All have won playoff games in the last 3 years and been IN the playoffs numerous times. In the NFC, the Bears, Seahawks and Eagles.

It's been really tough to break into that elite group. And teams that some elite players, but holes at various positions, can't do it. You can't expect to win in the playoffs if you have ANY holes on your team. (Ask the 2003, 2004, Broncos when they had a weak secondary and nonexistent pass-rush how well that turned out)! Then in 2005 they improved their secondary and went to the AFC Title game.

Bottom line: If I were GM of most of the teams in the top 10, unless I needed a franchise QB and was in position to draft either Russell or Quinn, I'd trade out and get extra picks.

The Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Bucs, Redskins, etc. generally need a LOT more than 1 or 2 elite players. They need a BOATLOAD of good players. They need to upgrade their rosters at a lot of positions at once!

GMs and fans all fall in love with the elite players you can only get at the top of the draft and they don't want to trade down too far. But honestly, unless you're getting that franchise QB, trade down, stockpile extra picks, get 4 or 5 quality players to build around in the first day of the draft. In a couple of years you've got a team with decent talent at almost every position, then you might be able to make a run.

If I were the Texans, I wouldn't fall in love with any one player. I'd be open to getting a few talented ones, even if they weren't big names like Peterson or Okoye or Carriker, or Leon Hall or Willis or another of the elite players they could take at #10.

Are those guys TWICE as good as any player they could get in the first and second round by trading down?
                  Last edited by Cugel; 04-25-2007, 10:38 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    There really isn't much surprises me when it comes to Shanahan and the draft.

The only surprise came last year, when Shanahan actually made a good choice with his first round draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                      mickey the mope would be an upgrade at DE, however Mikey has never drafted a DE in the first so I'll call it now and say the earliest he will bite on one is round two but more likely round 3

You're mistaken, Trevor Pryce was drafted as a defensive end.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                        This also coming from the guy that said it woudl be smart to trade you whole draft
                        for Calvin Johnson... Coming from a guy that most likely laughed at the Tamba Hali
                        pick, coming from a guy just praising someone Denver might get...

I mean heck, your gonna support whoever you get. Spencer is not near a top
                        notch DE in this draft, he is a DE/OLB tweener. He doesnt have the strength,
                        the motor, the attitude, or the quickness (dont confuse that with speed) that
                        Hali had/has. The guy that i find close to Hali is Victor Abiamiri.
                        spencer is very underrated imo, just because of his school. he played in the big 10 granted its not the sec but its still a good division.

he benched 30 reps (moss only had 16!!!!)
                        ran a 4.7 (same as moss)
                        size is not the issue (spencer is built like freeney while moss is built like Taylor)

i like spencer if we stay at 21 an possibly if we move down over moss or any other DE in that area.
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                          OK, let's end the debate here....who do you all really want to see the Broncos draft at DE? Make your choice with consideration for what they would have to give up to get a player like Carriker, for example...
                          I don't know, i think Anderson is right there with Gaines Adams. In a area of top 8 selections that would be just to hard for us to move up to get.

Jarvis Moss

Comment

Jamaal Anderson. He would be an upgrade for the pass rush and is big enough to be effective against the run. My second choice would be Jarvis Moss, he would be an upgrade for the pass rush and has the frame to gain bulk to become effective against the run, but already seems to fit the prototype for Bates' system. Although, if Carriker and Moss were available at the same pick, I'm not sure that they would pass on Carriker.
                            Last edited by broncolee; 04-26-2007, 10:09 AM.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                            X