Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big News!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must Read!!!!!! (Peterson's collarbone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straz1999
    People that pass on this guy are idiots. Yes, IDIOTS. I seem to remember his last collegiate play being a 25 yard touchdown run on the first play in overtime. His combine numbers were already jaw-dropping. I hope he doesnt get drafted by the brownies, that would be an ugly uniform for him to wear and he wouldn't have to play with Cancer Winslow in the huddle. Oh yeah, and they have NO offensive line.

Why would they be idiots?

You can't perform when your injured.

It is concievable to think that this guy will never play a full season in the NFL.

Comment

this is one of those moments people look back and say "told ya so"

either they'll be telling people how the injury was meaningless, or they'll be pointing to another bust and saying they aren't surprised.

big risk on draft day , but some team will risk it.

we risked it on mcneill last year who was coming into the draft with stenosis of the back, but never missed a start in college.

i think AP's situation is different, his style seems very condusive to him getting hurt. can he change his style? and how will it affect him in the nfl?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        This is not exactly big news.

I am almost positive this was floating around at the combine.

Maybe I am wrong.

But a collarbone is not as big a deal to a RB as a knee, ligament, or tendon injury, which can end careers.

Also, not a surprise he is injured. Again.

He is an enigma. He is supremely talented, but there are always teams who get scared by injuries. Look at what happened to Thurman Thomas.

He could still be top 5 or drop. It could go either way.
        And Willis McGahee.

But the collarbone thing must be serious. Never heard of anyone going under the knife for a broken one (pins maybe??). Broke mine playing football and i only had to wear a brace.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
          Why would they be idiots?

You can't perform when your injured.

It is concievable to think that this guy will never play a full season in the NFL.

No way. This guy will be a horse, I promise. There is no way that he has rebroken the collarbone. How many reps did he get at the combine? I forget but I am pretty sure it was an impressive number. If youve ever had a chest/collarbone/rib injury you would not be able to perform well on the flat bench.

I just think that this was blown way out of proportion. And you know what? If he slips to the Vikings, thats great because he wont wear ugly cleveland brown and I will get to drive to Minneapolis and see a few of his games.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Originally posted by Straz1999
            No way. This guy will be a horse, I promise. There is no way that he has rebroken the collarbone. How many reps did he get at the combine? I forget but I am pretty sure it was an impressive number. If youve ever had a chest/collarbone/rib injury you would not be able to perform well on the flat bench.

I just think that this was blown way out of proportion. And you know what? If he slips to the Vikings, thats great because he wont wear ugly cleveland brown and I will get to drive to Minneapolis and see a few of his games.

The collarbone isn't a concern.

The fact that he has suffered 2 major injuries in 2 years is a concern to how he's built. Some athletes just don't have the body's to sustain physical punishment time and time again, regardless of how "ripped" they are, or how much they can bench.

Courtney Brown is a prime example of that. You would be hard pressed to find a player that was as physically gifted as him coming in to the NFL. But his body just couldn't handle it.

I'm not saying Peterson is like a COurtney Brown, but the simple fact that he has had an inability to stay away from major injuries is indeed a concern.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10151448

injuries are still a concern, but not as big as we thought.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
              We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Working...
              X