Last years draft rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last years draft rumors

What Draft rumors does anyone remember from last year? I'm just trying to put some of these rumors into perspective. Were we rumored to be moving up to the 11 spot before draft day?

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    What Draft rumors does anyone remember from last year? I'm just trying to put some of these rumors into perspective. Were we rumored to be moving up to the 11 spot before draft day?
    Us going after Vernon Davis was a big one.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Hmm:

* Our pick-to-be was Chad Jackson or Lawrence Maroney. Some boards had us taking Lendale White or Santonio Holmes.

* We were thought to be staying put at 15 but it wasn't suspected that we'd take a QB although there were rumours of Leinart interest IIRC.
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
        Hmm:

* Our pick-to-be was Chad Jackson or Lawrence Maroney. Some boards had us taking Lendale White or Santonio Holmes.

* We were thought to be staying put at 15 but it wasn't suspected that we'd take a QB although there were rumours of Leinart interest IIRC.

Ya there was a big deal about Lendale having Dinner with Shanny and being told we would take him or something like that.

Chad Jackson was just the Mocks #1 pick for us to take.

Comment

A lot of the mocks said Deangelo Williams and Chad Jackson. It was learned later that Shanny wanted Maroney. It definately wasn't Jay Cutler. So don't be suprised if we take Adrian Peterson or something crazy.

Comment

Shannys draft board I believe was

Cutler - QB
            Maroney - RB
            Whitner - S

Well we got Cutler, got Henery, Guess this move up is for Landry or Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
              Shannys draft board I believe was

Cutler - QB
              Maroney - RB
              Whitner - S

Well we got Cutler, got Henery, Guess this move up is for Landry or Nelson.
              Landry or Nelson would be nice. I just cant figure out who would be our trade partner. We could be about to give up Gold to move up a couple of spots. Then move up a little further trading picks. I know I will be surprised if we stay at 21

Comment

Yeah last year all the talk was about us going after one of the receivers-- Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes... Thank God we didn't reach on either of those guys. Then Vernon Davis was this year's Calvin Johnson-- Everyone talking about what it would take to trade up and grab him-- Not gonna happen.

Maroney would have been a good pickup, but I like the value in Cutler at #11.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                  Yeah last year all the talk was about us going after one of the receivers-- Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes... Thank God we didn't reach on either of those guys. Then Vernon Davis was this year's Calvin Johnson-- Everyone talking about what it would take to trade up and grab him-- Not gonna happen.

Maroney would have been a good pickup, but I like the value in Cutler at #11.
                  Calvin Johnson is this years Vernon Davis. That's why I dont think Shanny is really going after Johnson. I do believe he's trying to get to the top of the draft, but I dont think anyone know who he's targeting

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                    Calvin Johnson is this years Vernon Davis. That's why I dont think Shanny is really going after Johnson. I do believe he's trying to get to the top of the draft, but I dont think anyone know who he's targeting
                    i really dont think we can get to the top...

we would have to give up the entire draft to get to the top 3 if anyone wanted to deal with us...

cj is certainly this years davis...

freak athlete!!!

im about to tune out until our number is called...

too much speculation and it all could be true!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
                      i really dont think we can get to the top...

we would have to give up the entire draft to get to the top 3 if anyone wanted to deal with us...

cj is certainly this years davis...

freak athlete!!!

im about to tune out until our number is called...

too much speculation and it all could be true!!!

I dont really care what we have to give up to get any player. I just hope Shanny gets his hands on the guy/guys he wants. I personally think it'll should be an OT. I think one of the tackles or safety is the target. I would also like Okoye but I think to many other teams covet him

Comment

Working...
                      X