Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta or Tampa will stop us from getting CJ.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atlanta or Tampa will stop us from getting CJ.

    Just my opinion but I think Atlanta will do everything possible to get Calvin Johnson. They have a lot more to work with than us including the 8th pick.
    Also, Tampa could also throw a wrench in all of this as well. Honestly if Oakland was smart they would trade with Tampa move down to #4 and could possibly still get Russell and a bunch of other good picks. Even if russell isn't there Quinn would be.
    Then Tampa would just take Johnson at #1.

    Of course we don't want the Raiders to be smart, and usually they aren't.

    What do you guys think?

  • #2
    pssst!


    hey got some news for you. (gets large orange contruction cone)



    WAKE UP, WE'RE NOT GETTING CALVIN JOHNSON!!!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ballen
      Just my opinion but I think Atlanta will do everything possible to get Calvin Johnson. They have a lot more to work with than us including the 8th pick.
      Also, Tampa could also throw a wrench in all of this as well. Honestly if Oakland was smart they would trade with Tampa move down to #4 and could possibly still get Russell and a bunch of other good picks. Even if russell isn't there Quinn would be.
      Then Tampa would just take Johnson at #1.

      Of course we don't want the Raiders to be smart, and usually they aren't.

      What do you guys think?
      here we go again... how about we trade our picks with the nuggets to get Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson... Im sure AI would be just as good as CJ.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DenBronx
        pssst!


        hey got some news for you. (gets large orange contruction cone)



        WAKE UP, WE'RE NOT GETTING CALVIN JOHNSON!!!
        HAHA... that was awesome... better than my response

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ballen
          Just my opinion but I think Atlanta will do everything possible to get Calvin Johnson. They have a lot more to work with than us including the 8th pick.
          Also, Tampa could also throw a wrench in all of this as well. Honestly if Oakland was smart they would trade with Tampa move down to #4 and could possibly still get Russell and a bunch of other good picks. Even if russell isn't there Quinn would be.
          Then Tampa would just take Johnson at #1.

          Of course we don't want the Raiders to be smart, and usually they aren't.

          What do you guys think?
          I think ATL has the ammo to make the jump (10 picks I believe in the draft) and will give DET the ability to select their impact player. This would be the smartest move for DET IMO, possibly adding a 2nd and a 4th.

          Now, about "Matt Millen" and "smart"....
          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

          Comment


          • #6
            Whoever wants to stop us from getting Calving Johnson, I hope they're successful.

            We have receivers, a corps that many other teams have to envy.

            We need linemen . . . badly.

            -----

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ballen
              Just my opinion but I think Atlanta will do everything possible to get Calvin Johnson. They have a lot more to work with than us including the 8th pick.
              Also, Tampa could also throw a wrench in all of this as well. Honestly if Oakland was smart they would trade with Tampa move down to #4 and could possibly still get Russell and a bunch of other good picks. Even if russell isn't there Quinn would be.
              Then Tampa would just take Johnson at #1.

              Of course we don't want the Raiders to be smart, and usually they aren't.

              What do you guys think?
              1st The Broncos dont have the picks or money to move up anyway. IMO it is all a smokescreen to screw with Greasy Al. Make him take CJ and not a QB, no one to throw the ball, no success. It kinda funny cause its just out of the Broncos reach. i mean technically, the Broncos could give up future picks to move up but this is sooo unrealistic that it does not make sense for one guy.
              2nd Tampa Bay (gruden) and Greasy Al are not on the best of terms last i checked, so i imagine there would be some "issues" during those negotiations!
              I imagine gruden just would rather aviod the ludicrious demands that would be made for the #1 spot.
              Atlanta has issues internally as we speak concerning there qb, so breaking the bank for a WR when they dont know what the future holds for current players is a bit shaky. Might want to just start stockpiling for the future in case 1 or 2 of our guys just up and "CANT" play for whatever reason! (pacman anyone?)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DTownNative
                here we go again... how about we trade our picks with the nuggets to get Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson... Im sure AI would be just as good as CJ.


                i can see it now....AI talking to the denver media about not getting enough balls thrown his way. "practice? practice? man were talkin bout practice"
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by socalorado1
                  1st The Broncos dont have the picks or money to move up anyway. IMO it is all a smokescreen to screw with Greasy Al. Make him take CJ and not a QB, no one to throw the ball, no success. It kinda funny cause its just out of the Broncos reach. i mean technically, the Broncos could give up future picks to move up but this is sooo unrealistic that it does not make sense for one guy.
                  2nd Tampa Bay (gruden) and Greasy Al are not on the best of terms last i checked, so i imagine there would be some "issues" during those negotiations!
                  I imagine gruden just would rather aviod the ludicrious demands that would be made for the #1 spot.
                  Atlanta has issues internally as we speak concerning there qb, so breaking the bank for a WR when they dont know what the future holds for current players is a bit shaky. Might want to just start stockpiling for the future in case 1 or 2 of our guys just up and "CANT" play for whatever reason! (pacman anyone?)
                  you bring up some good points regarding Al and his relationships with past employees - I personally think he is trying to play the #1 pick game (act like I could take anyone and see if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse) but I don't think he plays it well and his past drafting has put him in a position where he has to take a QB. There's nothing out there in FA that could provide a decent stop gap (nothing that's much better than Brooks was) aside from Green and KC is purposefully f'ing with MIA so that they won't dump Culpepper before the draft - it's hilarious. Al Davis is a completely senile toolio - he should seriously consider hiring a strong GM and a strong shrink.
                  Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ballen
                    Atlanta or Tampa will stop us from getting CJ.
                    The 20 other teams ahead of us in the draft will stop us from getting CJ.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by topscribe
                      Whoever wants to stop us from getting Calving Johnson, I hope they're successful.

                      We have receivers, a corps that many other teams have to envy.

                      We need linemen . . . badly.

                      -----

                      i couldnt agree more. its amazing on all the new mocks have us trading half of our draft away and next years #1 to take a LB, WR, CB or go after Joe Thomas.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pruke
                        you bring up some good points regarding Al and his relationships with past employees - I personally think he is trying to play the #1 pick game (act like I could take anyone and see if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse) but I don't think he plays it well and his past drafting has put him in a position where he has to take a QB. There's nothing out there in FA that could provide a decent stop gap (nothing that's much better than Brooks was) aside from Green and KC is purposefully f'ing with MIA so that they won't dump Culpepper before the draft - it's hilarious. Al Davis is a completely senile toolio - he should seriously consider hiring a strong GM and a strong shrink.
                        Whats really amazing is if he was half way intelligent, he would have made a trade down for more picks and began the much needed rebuilding phase of his sad, depressingly piss poor, embarassing team. The fact that everyone has just conceeded to the fact that the faiders are going to take a QB and thats going to solve everything is sooo funny! Just wait! ALL the faider fans are going to gloat and talk a bunch of ***** right after the draft, but then the reality will set in again, and another mediocre season will play itself out.
                        The chokeland fans are the real losers, they are just flat out pathetic.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Pruke
                          you bring up some good points regarding Al and his relationships with past employees - I personally think he is trying to play the #1 pick game (act like I could take anyone and see if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse) but I don't think he plays it well and his past drafting has put him in a position where he has to take a QB. There's nothing out there in FA that could provide a decent stop gap (nothing that's much better than Brooks was) aside from Green and KC is purposefully f'ing with MIA so that they won't dump Culpepper before the draft - it's hilarious. Al Davis is a completely senile toolio - he should seriously consider hiring a strong GM and a strong shrink.
                          Hmmmm...interesting
                          POSTED 11:58 a.m. EDT, April 26, 2007

                          LIONS HAVEN'T HEARD FROM FALCONS . . . YET

                          Despite reports that Falcons owner Arthur Blank has instructed G.M. Rick McKay to move up from the No. 8 overall spot in the draft to get receiver Calvin Johnson, we're told that the team that holds the No. 2 overall selection has yet to hear from the Falcons.

                          Though the Lions fully expect to be contacted by the Falcons, could it be that the Falcons have opted to go straight to the top of the draft, and will attempt to strike a deal with the Raiders?

                          There's zero indication that the Falcons are talking to the Raiders, who have been remarkably tight-lipped about their plans. But if McKay's orders are to get Johnson, and if there's an open question as to whether the Raiders will draft him, the best way to keep the boss happy (other than bringing him a daily calzone from Paisano's) would be to get all the way to No. 1.

                          Under the trade value chart developed by Jimmy Johnson in the 1990s, the Falcons would have to come up with 1,600 points in addition to the 1,400 points that apply to the No. 8 pick. The rest of the team's selections in the 2007 draft barely equate to 1,400 points; thus, the Falcons would also need to include 200 points from the 2008 draft.

                          The 2008 second-rounder that they received from the Texans might be the gap-bridger in this regard.

                          Then again, Raiders owner Al Davis might decide to put his thumb on the scale, and justifiably so. If running back Ricky Williams was worth the Saints' entire 1999 draft and a first-rounder the following year, then Johnson is worth the same, if not more.

                          Stay tuned on this one. Because the owner reportedly wants to make it happen, McKay and coach Bobby Petrino are in a no-lose situation. If the deal backfires and the Falcons stink for the next five years (or more) because they gave up so many draft picks, both McKay and Petrino will be able to cover their butts by pointing to Mr. Blank's decision to mortgage the future by going after a guy who could become the post-Vick face of the franchise.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ron Mexico just cant seem to catch a break. He is starting to show some characteristics of some currently suspended players. I wonder if that has something to do with the falcons current state 2 days before the draft.


                            POSTED 10:44 a.m. EDT, April 26, 2007

                            VICK CHARGED WITH TRESPASSING

                            Man, it's been a rough offseason for Michael Vick.

                            First, there was the water bottle incident. Then, the lame-ass excuse for the water bottle incident. Next, the pathetic, publicity-seeking, pocket-change (for him) contribution to the families of the Virginia Tech shootings. Afterwards, his failure to show up for a plane flight that would have taken him to D.C. so that he could honor a commitment to lobby for increased funding of after-school programs. Subsequently, the search of his home in Virginia, where neglected animals are found on the premises.

                            Now, it has been disclosed for the first time that Vick earned three points in Turd Watch for his team in February.

                            Per the Hampton Roads Daily Press, Vick is scheduled to appear in Court on Thursday in connection with trespassing charges. Vick allegedly was fishing illegally in the Western Branch lake, and was charged with a class three misdemeanor.

                            If he pays the fine, the hearing won't occur. As of Wednesday afternoon, the fine wasn't paid.

                            Would anyone be shocked if Vick doesn't pay the fine and doesn't show up in Court?

                            Meanwhile, a misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. Vick gets three points for the Falcons, and his name will be added to the PFT Police Blotter.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by socalorado1
                              Whats really amazing is if he was half way intelligent, he would have made a trade down for more picks and began the much needed rebuilding phase of his sad, depressingly piss poor, embarassing team. The fact that everyone has just conceeded to the fact that the faiders are going to take a QB and thats going to solve everything is sooo funny! Just wait! ALL the faider fans are going to gloat and talk a bunch of ***** right after the draft, but then the reality will set in again, and another mediocre season will play itself out.
                              The chokeland fans are the real losers, they are just flat out pathetic.
                              If davis was half way intelligent? You should kiss the ground he walks on. The NFL wouldnt be what it is today if it wasnt for al davis. Also, if you got some smack to talk, take it to the smack forum.... lets see what you got, chump.
                              "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

                              Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X