Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta or Tampa will stop us from getting CJ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ballen
    Just my opinion but I think Atlanta will do everything possible to get Calvin Johnson. They have a lot more to work with than us including the 8th pick.
    Also, Tampa could also throw a wrench in all of this as well. Honestly if Oakland was smart they would trade with Tampa move down to #4 and could possibly still get Russell and a bunch of other good picks. Even if russell isn't there Quinn would be.
    Then Tampa would just take Johnson at #1.

Of course we don't want the Raiders to be smart, and usually they aren't.

What do you guys think?

I think your initail premise is wrong.

Atlanta or Tampa will not stop Denver from getting CJ. Denver isn't going to be in a position to draft him unless some very unlikely things happen.

So, you can't stop what won't happen anyway.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Haha. I feel so bad for the Saints. Two NFC South teams after CJ, and their corners suck worse than San Diego's.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        I think your initail premise is wrong.

Atlanta or Tampa will not stop Denver from getting CJ. Denver isn't going to be in a position to draft him unless some very unlikely things happen.

So, you can't stop what won't happen anyway.
        I agree. All the stars in the universe would have to line up perfectly.

Comment

Denver nor atlanta nor tamp bay will have to even think about CJ if oakland decides to draft him. That would mess up alot of other team's plans.
          "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
            If davis was half way intelligent? You should kiss the ground he walks on. The NFL wouldnt be what it is today if it wasnt for al davis. Also, if you got some smack to talk, take it to the smack forum.... lets see what you got, chump.
            Chump! Jeez i would of expected better from the "doormat" fans of the NFL.
            Listen azzclown, there is still a chance your senile, dementia riddled, sad sack of puss you call an owner can turn things around by trading down and getting some great players in this years draft. I mean the D is there, its that pathetic O-line, running game (please dont tell me Rhodes is gonna fix this) and the WR cry baby carousel. Cmon are you actually telling me that Russell is better than stockpiling picks and doing the wise, prudent move to truly make your team a winner?

Would it really be that much of a difference if chokeland took someone to help protect the qb in the 1st and then took a qb in the 2nd? What i mean by this.....
            Is Jamarcus Russell that much better than Drew Stanton considering the needs of the Chokeland Traitors? Or how about Edwards the hometown boy?

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado1
              Chump! Jeez i would of expected better from the "doormat" fans of the NFL.
              Listen azzclown, there is still a chance your senile, dementia riddled, sad sack of puss you call an owner can turn things around by trading down and getting some great players in this years draft. I mean the D is there, its that pathetic O-line, running game (please dont tell me Rhodes is gonna fix this) and the WR cry baby carousel. Cmon are you actually telling me that Russell is better than stockpiling picks and doing the wise, prudent move to truly make your team a winner?

Would it really be that much of a difference if chokeland took someone to help protect the qb in the 1st and then took a qb in the 2nd? What i mean by this.....
              Is Jamarcus Russell that much better than Drew Stanton considering the needs of the Chokeland Traitors? Or how about Edwards the hometown boy?
              I never said i wanted oakland to draft russell. Actually, i'd rather see CJ be drafted or anyone else besides russell. I also wouldnt mind if we traded down and stockpiled our picks. Thats actauully what i want to happen... draft whoever in the first, and then worry about QB in later rounds.
              "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae
                Haha. I feel so bad for the Saints. Two NFC South teams after CJ, and their corners suck worse than San Diego's.

With that offense, it just doesn't matter. Nobody in the NFL will be able to stop that offense next year, IMHO.

Comment

I never said i wanted oakland to draft russell. Actually, i'd rather see CJ be drafted or anyone else besides russell. I also wouldnt mind if we traded down and stockpiled our picks. Thats actauully what i want to happen... draft whoever in the first, and then worry about QB in later rounds.
                  Now were getting somewhere! Culpepper and Harrington got "BUST" written all over them................oh! I mean Russell and Quinn.. uh anyways....
                  Yeah draft down when the Cj sweepstakes begin and just flat out stockpile offensive players for the o-line, QB, WR, TE positions (not in this order)
                  Maybe even make a trade with GB for Moss for anothe coveted 2nd rounder, i mean the guy is a cancer, get a guy like Steve Smith in the 2nd maybe even another rookie WR in the 4th and just keep on grabbing talent as the draft goes by.

Comment

Now were getting somewhere! Culpepper and Harrington got "BUST" written all over them................oh! I mean Russell and Quinn.. uh anyways....
                    Yeah draft down when the Cj sweepstakes begin and just flat out stockpile offensive players for the o-line, QB, WR, TE positions (not in this order)
                    Maybe even make a trade with GB for Moss for anothe coveted 2nd rounder, i mean the guy is a cancer, get a guy like Steve Smith in the 2nd maybe even another rookie WR in the 4th and just keep on grabbing talent as the draft goes by.
                    Im hoping we do trade moss, and in return add some draft picks and then begin to address our needs on offense.

Comment

Im hoping we do trade moss, and in return add some draft picks and then begin to address our needs on offense.
                      The Moss trade could really help you guys aquire even maybe a TE somewhere in the top of the 2nd. I mean if Kiffin has a ****load of picks, he can really start addressing these glaring holes with some talent.
                      Speaking of "your boy"
                      Here is an article posted today!
                      http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
                      POSTED 11:24 a.m. EDT, April 26, 2007

FAVRE STILL CERTAIN MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

In the process of tracking down rumors regarding whether the Raiders will trade receiver Randy Moss to the Packers (or anyone else) before or during the draft, we've re-confirmed that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "certain" that Moss will be a member of the team in 2007.

This doesn't mean that Moss will be traded to Green Bay on Thursday or Friday, or that the trade will come during the first day of the draft.

It also doesn't mean that Moss ever will be a Packer. It only means that Favre was -- and still is -- "certain" that Moss will join the team.

It could be that Favre, through his agent Bus Cook, is privy to Randy's plan to refuse any and all overtures aimed at reducing his $9.75 million salary for 2007. The Raiders surely can't keep him around at that number, which means that at worst he'd be cut in August -- and then would be free to sign with the Packers.

If, of course, Moss is cut, the next question becomes whether he'd choose the Packers over any other team. But the fact that Favre is certain of the eventual arrival suggests to us that Brett has been talking to Randy, and that Randy is every bit as excited about playing for the Packers in 2007 as he was about playing for the Raiders in 2005.

Comment

The Moss trade could really help you guys aquire even maybe a TE somewhere in the top of the 2nd. I mean if Kiffin has a ****load of picks, he can really start addressing these glaring holes with some talent.
                        Speaking of "your boy"
                        Here is an article posted today!
                        http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
                        POSTED 11:24 a.m. EDT, April 26, 2007

FAVRE STILL CERTAIN MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

In the process of tracking down rumors regarding whether the Raiders will trade receiver Randy Moss to the Packers (or anyone else) before or during the draft, we've re-confirmed that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "certain" that Moss will be a member of the team in 2007.

This doesn't mean that Moss will be traded to Green Bay on Thursday or Friday, or that the trade will come during the first day of the draft.

It also doesn't mean that Moss ever will be a Packer. It only means that Favre was -- and still is -- "certain" that Moss will join the team.

It could be that Favre, through his agent Bus Cook, is privy to Randy's plan to refuse any and all overtures aimed at reducing his $9.75 million salary for 2007. The Raiders surely can't keep him around at that number, which means that at worst he'd be cut in August -- and then would be free to sign with the Packers.

If, of course, Moss is cut, the next question becomes whether he'd choose the Packers over any other team. But the fact that Favre is certain of the eventual arrival suggests to us that Brett has been talking to Randy, and that Randy is every bit as excited about playing for the Packers in 2007 as he was about playing for the Raiders in 2005.
                        Good. Lets send his ass packing. No pun intended. Hopefully green bay will give us a decent pick or two fro that quitter.

Comment

Good. Lets send his ass packing. No pun intended. Hopefully green bay will give us a decent pick or two fro that quitter.
                          HAHA! With that pick(s) it just adds more to my opinion of trading down and re-vamping the offense. I am suprised not more of you guys havent come up with a mock to show what players would be available if the fade traded down with TB or say maybe Atl. I would like to see that, considering all the crazy bronco mocks ive seen, it would be kinda interesting.

Comment

HAHA! With that pick(s) it just adds more to my opinion of trading down and re-vamping the offense. I am suprised not more of you guys havent come up with a mock to show what players would be available if the fade traded down with TB or say maybe Atl. I would like to see that, considering all the crazy bronco mocks ive seen, it would be kinda interesting.
                            Russell is not the answer for us. I really hope the FO of the raiders realizes that also.

Comment

Russell is not the answer for us. I really hope the FO of the raiders realizes that also.
                              Raiders should pick Quinn... but as a bronco fan, I say pick Russell

Comment

i think common sense will stop denver from getting CJ
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X