• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans | Team not looking to trade pick

KFFL Reports...

Texans | Team not looking to trade pick
    Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:38:45 -0700

Updating a previous item, John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans are not working on a trade with the Denver Broncos involving the 10th overall pick.

Sorry the link isn't working for me.

Exactly. They don't want to talk trade now because everyone is still on the board. That will change once the draft starts. AP won't make it to them unless they trade up.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13
      KFFL Reports...

Texans | Team not looking to trade pick
      Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:38:45 -0700

Updating a previous item, John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans are not working on a trade with the Denver Broncos involving the 10th overall pick.

Sorry the link isn't working for me.
      Maybe they're gonna try to trade the 10th to the saints for Reggie Bush!

Comment

good, and i hope peterson does fall to 10, cause i don't want to trade up.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Teams really need to trade their pick,if they dont know how to draft.

Comment

Why would they announce this?

What benefit do the Texans have in letting other teams know that they are NOT interested in trading their pick?

Obviously, if it looks like they ARE interested then other teams are more likely to make them offers.

They don't have to take the offers! It's like a woman who has a boyfriend. Even if she has no intention of "swapping picks", she likes to know that others are interested. She sees no harm in listening to other "offers."

Who knows? Some guy might even make her an offer she can't refuse! :wave:
            sigpic

Comment

Smokescreen # 56,723,407........................................ ........

The Texans are not going to announce their intentions. We'll know their intentions when a trade is consummated or by 15 mins into the 10th pick.

I think we'll move up at least a few picks, whether it's with the Texans or not I do not know. We've also heard Carolina, SF, that Pitt wants to trade down, etc.

Personally, my preference is Carolina. I think 14 might get us J. Anderson.

I'd really like to get pick 14, and Kris Jenkins

for

probably something like #21, #56 and #86 and change or a player

If we could come out of day one with Jamaal Anderson and Kris Jenkins, it would be a major coup for the defense.

Comment

Just like i've been saying... why trade the #10 pick when they are gonna get either
                the best CB or the best RB in the draft?
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                  Smokescreen # 56,723,407........................................ ........

The Texans are not going to announce their intentions. We'll know their intentions when a trade is consummated or by 15 mins into the 10th pick.

I think we'll move up at least a few picks, whether it's with the Texans or not I do not know. We've also heard Carolina, SF, that Pitt wants to trade down, etc.

Personally, my preference is Carolina. I think 14 might get us J. Anderson.

I'd really like to get pick 14, and Kris Jenkins

for

probably something like #21, #56 and #86 and change or a player

If we could come out of day one with Jamaal Anderson and Kris Jenkins, it would be a major coup for the defense.
                  You may be on to something. Shanahan is not stupid enough to show his hand and let another team leapfrog him.

My guess is that any potential trade that has been discussed and agreed upon (contingent on player availability) is also contingent on the teams denying the trade is happening for the sole purpose of the 2 teams accomplishing what they want to. If Pittsburgh jumps over HOU or SF and gets player A, DEN does not want to make the trade and HOU loses out on the extra 3 picks.

It works both ways, folks.
                  Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Working...
                  X