Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not that It Matters... My Bronco Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not that It Matters... My Bronco Draft

    I know everyone is doing it, but I will chime in with my Bronco picks for the draft.

    Round 1.

    Pick #21- Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue.

    After much debate between safety and end, I have to go with selecting the player who would start on this team ASAP. Jamaal Anderson likely wont be there at 21 therefore I forego selecting Moss and stick with Anthony Spencer who doesnt have Moss' strength and weight issues. Not the flashiest pick, but he fills a need and youve got to select the guy who will start for you.

    Round 2.

    Pick #56- Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina.

    I wrestled with LB, Safety, WR, and OT here. I feel as if our line can patch it up for at least a season as there is no tackle here with enough value to take. I'd look for a trade up if Meriweather is still on the board at the top of round 2 due to character concerns. But at this spot, drafting for need would pass up way too much value and Rice is the pick. Marshall has character concerns, Rod is older, and the rest of our roster at WR wont be in the league after next preseason. Rice is 6'4, with great speed and hands and simply TOO GOOD to not take here.

    Round 3.

    Pick #70- Brandon Siler, ILB Florida.

    Bates seems to want to shake up the LB corps, with good reason. We have fast LBs who tackle horribly. Siler is a textbook tackler who is an instant starter over the oft-injured Nate Webster in my opinion. Siler's ability to take on blockers is what gets him the nod over Buster Davis and HB Blades here. Last thing we need is more small LBs.

    Pick #86- Paul Soliai, DT Utah

    Once again, the Broncos hand is forced due to poor front office decisions regarding the defensive line. I would pick a safety here if Dan Wilkinson was a Bronco right now, but he isnt so the poor man's Nagata is the pick here.

    Round 6.

    Pick #176- Tyrone Moss, RB The U

    As much as I hate to say it, the Broncos need to replace Damien Nash's role with a bigger RB who can contribute when in a pinch. Moss is that guy who has good size and has enough speed to hit the hole for a good gain on most carries.

    Round 7.

    Pick #233- James Pinkney, QB East Carolina

    With one of the last picks in the draft, Denver picks a developmental QB with all the physical tools needed to groom into a decent backup for the future.

  • #2
    Well i might as well play along. You never know what shanny and ted will decide to do on saturday. Here are my picks considering if we stay put...

    Round 1 #21 Alan Branch DT/michigan
    Round 2 #56 David Harris ILB/michigan
    Round 3 #70 Aaron Rouse S/Virginia Tech
    Round 3 #86 Victor Abiamiri DE/Notre Dame
    Round 6 #176 Jacob Bender OT/Nicholls State
    Round 7 #233 Thomas Clayton RB/Kansas State

    Comment


    • #3
      i like spencer, siler, and solai...


      "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Momentum
        I know everyone is doing it, but I will chime in with my Bronco picks for the draft.

        Round 1.

        Pick #21- Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue.

        After much debate between safety and end, I have to go with selecting the player who would start on this team ASAP. Jamaal Anderson likely wont be there at 21 therefore I forego selecting Moss and stick with Anthony Spencer who doesnt have Moss' strength and weight issues. Not the flashiest pick, but he fills a need and youve got to select the guy who will start for you.

        Round 2.

        Pick #56- Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina.

        I wrestled with LB, Safety, WR, and OT here. I feel as if our line can patch it up for at least a season as there is no tackle here with enough value to take. I'd look for a trade up if Meriweather is still on the board at the top of round 2 due to character concerns. But at this spot, drafting for need would pass up way too much value and Rice is the pick. Marshall has character concerns, Rod is older, and the rest of our roster at WR wont be in the league after next preseason. Rice is 6'4, with great speed and hands and simply TOO GOOD to not take here.

        Round 3.

        Pick #70- Brandon Siler, ILB Florida.

        Bates seems to want to shake up the LB corps, with good reason. We have fast LBs who tackle horribly. Siler is a textbook tackler who is an instant starter over the oft-injured Nate Webster in my opinion. Siler's ability to take on blockers is what gets him the nod over Buster Davis and HB Blades here. Last thing we need is more small LBs.

        Pick #86- Paul Soliai, DT Utah

        Once again, the Broncos hand is forced due to poor front office decisions regarding the defensive line. I would pick a safety here if Dan Wilkinson was a Bronco right now, but he isnt so the poor man's Nagata is the pick here.

        Round 6.

        Pick #176- Tyrone Moss, RB The U

        As much as I hate to say it, the Broncos need to replace Damien Nash's role with a bigger RB who can contribute when in a pinch. Moss is that guy who has good size and has enough speed to hit the hole for a good gain on most carries.

        Round 7.

        Pick #233- James Pinkney, QB East Carolina

        With one of the last picks in the draft, Denver picks a developmental QB with all the physical tools needed to groom into a decent backup for the future.
        LOVE IT...cp to you. I would prefer Gonzalez over Rice, but he would be great potential - we are stacked at WR though...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tony
          Well i might as well play along. You never know what shanny and ted will decide to do on saturday. Here are my picks considering if we stay put...

          Round 1 #21 Alan Branch DT/michigan
          Round 2 #56 David Harris ILB/michigan
          Round 3 #70 Aaron Rouse S/Virginia Tech
          Round 3 #86 Victor Abiamiri DE/Notre Dame
          Round 6 #176 Jacob Bender OT/Nicholls State
          Round 7 #233 Thomas Clayton RB/Kansas State
          I don't think Harris will be there at 56. I think he does early 2nd round or potentially late in the 1st.

          I hope Rouse is there at 70 as well.

          I would be super duper happy with this draft if it comes to fruition.

          Not sold on Abiamiri but oh well - we don't need a stud DE.
          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Momentum
            I know everyone is doing it, but I will chime in with my Bronco picks for the draft.

            Round 1.

            Pick #21- Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue.

            After much debate between safety and end, I have to go with selecting the player who would start on this team ASAP. Jamaal Anderson likely wont be there at 21 therefore I forego selecting Moss and stick with Anthony Spencer who doesnt have Moss' strength and weight issues. Not the flashiest pick, but he fills a need and youve got to select the guy who will start for you.

            Round 2.

            Pick #56- Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina.

            I wrestled with LB, Safety, WR, and OT here. I feel as if our line can patch it up for at least a season as there is no tackle here with enough value to take. I'd look for a trade up if Meriweather is still on the board at the top of round 2 due to character concerns. But at this spot, drafting for need would pass up way too much value and Rice is the pick. Marshall has character concerns, Rod is older, and the rest of our roster at WR wont be in the league after next preseason. Rice is 6'4, with great speed and hands and simply TOO GOOD to not take here.

            Round 3.

            Pick #70- Brandon Siler, ILB Florida.

            Bates seems to want to shake up the LB corps, with good reason. We have fast LBs who tackle horribly. Siler is a textbook tackler who is an instant starter over the oft-injured Nate Webster in my opinion. Siler's ability to take on blockers is what gets him the nod over Buster Davis and HB Blades here. Last thing we need is more small LBs.

            Pick #86- Paul Soliai, DT Utah

            Once again, the Broncos hand is forced due to poor front office decisions regarding the defensive line. I would pick a safety here if Dan Wilkinson was a Bronco right now, but he isnt so the poor man's Nagata is the pick here.

            Round 6.

            Pick #176- Tyrone Moss, RB The U

            As much as I hate to say it, the Broncos need to replace Damien Nash's role with a bigger RB who can contribute when in a pinch. Moss is that guy who has good size and has enough speed to hit the hole for a good gain on most carries.

            Round 7.

            Pick #233- James Pinkney, QB East Carolina

            With one of the last picks in the draft, Denver picks a developmental QB with all the physical tools needed to groom into a decent backup for the future.
            Broncos fans mock drafts ALWAYS matter!

            I like this - if we're able to find a way to land a good young WR that we could bring along to replace the Rod Smith / Brandon Stokley IR cart, that would be a nice plus. Rice has a great chance, IMO, to be there in the 2nd round.
            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

            Comment


            • #7
              I love this draft.

              Comment


              • #8
                What to do?

                I think Broncos end up stayting put at #21... They do trade up but I think it's in early 2nd... I think they package their 2nd and early 3rd to move up... I think they target Spencer & Harris and select Josh Gattis with their late 3rd rounder.

                HOWEVER, I'm not sure if Shanny "loves" Grubbs or that center from USC... I hope not but you never know. Grubbs is interetsing b/c he's NASTY... but... we do have bigger needs elsewhere. Perchance they grab Spencer and grab grubbs after trading up in 2nd?

                NOW... if Denver has a shot at Willis or Okoye... I think Shanny will pull the trigger... This will be a risk indeed. Would you prefer two solid players & one contributing player or one very, bery good player? Would you rather have Willis or spencer & HArris & Gattis?

                Decisions....

                Comment


                • #9
                  My Bronco Draft

                  1st Round - Tedd Ginn - WR/KR - Ohio St.
                  2nd Round - Victor Abiamiri - DE - Notre
                  3rd Round - Marcus Thomas - DT - Florida
                  3rd Round - Josh Gattis - S - Wake Forest
                  6th Round - Prescott Burgess - OLB - Michigan
                  6th Round - Thomas Clayton - RB - Kansas St
                  7th Round - Mike Otto - OT - Purdue

                  Playmakers, Playmakers, and more Playmakers.
                  A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                    My Bronco Draft

                    1st Round - Tedd Ginn - WR/KR - Ohio St.
                    2nd Round - Victor Abiamiri - DE - Notre
                    3rd Round - Marcus Thomas - DT - Florida
                    3rd Round - Josh Gattis - S - Wake Forest
                    6th Round - Prescott Burgess - OLB - Michigan
                    6th Round - Thomas Clayton - RB - Kansas St
                    7th Round - Mike Otto - OT - Purdue

                    Playmakers, Playmakers, and more Playmakers.
                    i hope do god we don't pick ted ginn, IMO he'll just turn into another dante hall.







                    props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I love this draft, but Rice isn't that fast, but everything else he can do makes up for his 4.5 speed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Teddy Ginn is horrible first round value, especially when Dante Hall (who he compares to favorably) went for a swap of thirds and a fifth.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am a big Rice fan being a Gamecock fan. As much as i love his game i would rather go defense in the second round. Preferably DE,DT, or Safety but, if we do pick him in the 2nd, i would be estatic that it's Sidney and not another W.R.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X