Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some of you so enamored with CJ and Moss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some of you so enamored with CJ and Moss?

First of all, we have receivers. Great ones (homerism) IMO. They will last. We have many more pressing needs and it would be just plain stupid to throw away two drafts (07 and 08) for one guy at a position we do not need. Sure, this would set our offense to be high scoring, but this would absolutely kill our defense.

Second of all, Moss is HUGELY overrated. Sure, he is tall and has long arms, resembles Jason Taylor, but NO. He is way underweight and is terrible against the run. He easily gets overpowered by big blockers and has trouble shedding blocks. He only made plays when the OL messed up on blocking assignments and getting lucky. He is just a one year wonder. He's injury prone (first two seasons missed) and very inexperienced (only played two full seasons).

I absolutely do not want either of them.

One man's opinion. Doesn't mean I (or anybody else) have to share it. Can't wait for the draft!

Comment

Cj- I agree.

Moss-I agree even more

CP's to you for sayin what I've been thinkin. We should grab Gaines Adams!

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
        One man's opinion. Doesn't mean I (or anybody else) have to share it. Can't wait for the draft!
        Yea I know that it is their opinion, and they are entitled to it, but I don't get why they would think like that.

We absolutely DO NOT need CJ and Moss is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by stepurgameup101
          Cj- I agree.

Moss-I agree even more

CP's to you for sayin what I've been thinkin. We should grab Gaines Adams!
          Sadly he's going top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
            Second of all, Moss is HUGELY overrated. Sure, he is tall and has long arms, resembles Jason Taylor, but NO. He is way underweight and is terrible against the run. He easily gets overpowered by big blockers and has trouble shedding blocks. He only made plays when the OL messed up on blocking assignments and getting lucky. He is just a one year wonder. He's injury prone (first two seasons missed) and very inexperienced (only played two full seasons).

I'm not going to touch the CJ topic, since getting him is a pipe dream.

But how do you know all this about Moss? Do you watch a lot of UF games over there in Hawaii? If so, do you specifically watch game tape of Moss? Or are you just regurgitating what scouting reports and some posters on here have said?
            Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 04-26-2007, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Here is a little info on a current NFL player. Link to the page below.

Measuring 6-foot-31/2, 245 pounds at the combine, he was considered too small to play on the defensive line.
              The Player Is...

Not saying Moss isn't without risks...but this (and a few other examples) is why he's tempting.
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                First of all, we have receivers. Great ones (homerism) IMO. They will last. We have many more pressing needs and it would be just plain stupid to throw away two drafts (07 and 08) for one guy at a position we do not need. Sure, this would set our offense to be high scoring, but this would absolutely kill our defense.

I absolutely do not want either of them.
                CJ would be, by all accounts, an upgrade from Marshall, who, it seems, is the likely successor to Smith as the starting WR opposite of Javon Walker. That's why people would want CJ on our team. It's not going to happen, but when someone dangles the dream in front of you, you can't help but get a little excited by the possibility, however slight it might be.

As far as Moss goes, I'm sure most people would say that they would prefer Jamaal Anderson or even Adam Carriker. Anderson and Carriker are likely to be gone by the time we pick at #21. Moss fits Bates' scheme physically and talent wise. He's only 5 pounds lighter than Jason Taylor and can put on bulk if the coaches want him to do that. From what I understand, Bates wants his DEs to focus on rushing the passer. Stopping the run is the job of the DTs and the LBs. That philosophy is similar to that of the Colts. They tell their DEs to rush the passer and tackle the RB on the way if he has the ball.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

CJ is pure beastly.

You obviously have not seen him play live. if you have to ask why people love him so much, then you dont know what he can bring to the table. He would be a complete upgrade over Marshall..his size and speed provide such matchup nightmares noone would know how to deal with our offense

Jarvis Moss? I dont know, personally im not on that bandwagon, I'd rather draft Abe Wright personally in later rounds....just a few inches shorter, and he was a great pass rusher in College.

Comment

Considering our receiving corps great just goes to show how many people eat the BS that the Denver media pumps out. For all we know, Marshall could be the next Triandos Luke. He's unproven, Walker is the only person worth a damn there right now. Denver wouldn't be willing to ship away the farm for Calvin Johnson if they didn't feel the position was a need.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
                      I'm not going to touch the CJ topic, since getting him is a pipe dream.

But how do you know all this about Moss? Do you watch a lot of UF games over there in Hawaii? If so, do you specifically watch game tape of Moss? Or are you just regurgitating what scouting reports and some posters on here have said?
                      Beat me to it.

CJ is just an animal. There's no way around it and no way to ignore it. With J. Walker, Marshall and CJ on the same team, WHO THE "F" are teams going to single out.

Last year, Smith was a little under the weather with injury. Marshall showed signs of being a great WR but still a rookie. Any of our other WR's were just not all that great.

SO, the only guy defenses really had to worry about was Walker. That still proved to be pretty tough with his athleticism alone.

Now, imagine teams not being able to say, "Well we'll just single out Javon and double team him with a safety over the top."

Instead you have 3 young, talented WRs that can break open the big play. 2 TE's that can get to the underneath/flat routes and 2 RB's that are able to open up the run and flare out. And finally a QB that can get the ball deep.

That sounds like an extremely explosive offense. You can't single out one guy because even our 3rd WR will kill you with an 85 yard td, breaking 4-6 tackles. (See Seattle).

We've had a very good off season and aren't very far off.

Last, it's not only "US" that are high on CJ, it's the Denver front office. With out them reaching out to the Lions for their pick we wouldn't be having this discussion so it's not like our interests here aren't warranted. Shanahan being an offensive guy, you can't blame him for wanting to look to CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                        Considering our receiving corps great just goes to show how many people eat the BS that the Denver media pumps out.

I haven't heard a word that Denver media has said about the Bronco receivers. Where else might I have come to my conclusions? (besides watching Scheffler and Marshall begin to emerge at the end of last season, of course...)

Considering the potential in CJ, I'm betting that just about EVERY team has at least looked into what it would take to get him. From the sounds of it, however, I doubt Denver can pull it off.
                        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Working...
                        X