Simeon Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simeon Rice

According to one of my sources (who wants to remain anonymous), the Bucs are trying to trade Simeon Rice and if they don't trade him, then they are going to cut him. Idk about you guys but I would love to see him in Denver on the other side of Dumervil . The Bucs are apparently interested in getting Gaines Adams in the draft to get younger on the defensive side of the ball and if they draft him, that makes Rice expendible. If we traded for him/signed him, we then would not have to draft a DE in the first or second and just get one for depth; furthermore, that would free us up to get a S in the first and address DT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds along with WR. Thoughts?

Two questions I have about him.

One: Age

Two: He was placed on IR last year. Huge problem, huge question mark

Comment

CUT Rice??? That's stupid. Like Denver cutting Trevor Pryce...

...oh, wait...

Yeah, I'd take Rice. Doesn't mean drafting along the D-line is out of the question, however. Just means Denver would have good, solid depth.
      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
        CUT Rice??? That's stupid. Like Denver cutting Trevor Pryce...

...oh, wait...

Yeah, I'd take Rice. Doesn't mean drafting along the D-line is out of the question, however. Just means Denver would have good, solid depth.
        Exactly, get him and start him. He's still a really really good DE and would be awesome on the other side of Dumervil along with Warren and whoever we draft at DT.

Comment

not a bad pick up. actually arrington wouldnt be a bad pick up for the strongside and move dj to the middle. we could get by with these guys for a couple of years.
          sigpic

Comment

No kidding. I'm thinking sign Rice, trade for Rogers, and fix the rest of the D in the draft: [Nelson/Griffin S, Marcus Thomas and Walter Thomas DT (3rd and 7th round), and then get a WR/KR Mike Walker, Breaston, Figurs in 3rd round down, and get Buster Davis in the 2nd to finish out the LB core.] Maybe trade Gold if we can to get D.J. on the weakside and put Buster in the Middle. I'd be pumped if this happens. I think Arrington would be too expensive but if we could get him cheap, HELL YEAH

Comment

Thoughts?

He's 400 years old, coming off the IR.

Everytime a veteran is potentially available, somebody wants him.

My thoughts are that he is not worth it and will not turn out like Pryce.

I know 31 and 33 seem similar in age, but in the NFL, the production drop is a STEEP curve. 2 years is the difference between Pro Bowler and no longer being able to play.

Besides, before his shoulder injury (a red flag by itself), he was only on pace for about 25 tackles and 4 sacks, a HUGE drop off from the year before.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Your source is well behind the game because this has been being discussed in Tampa Bay for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                  Your source is well behind the game because this has been being discussed in Tampa Bay for a while now.
                  I've known about it for a long time. It was talked about a long time ago and I'm just bringing it back into the light since he could be cut if Tampa gets Adams on Saturday.

Comment

I've seen guys of similar age, who look washed up, come in and contribute as if given new life for a year or two.

However, Simeon Rice rarely appears to have the desire and motivation to fit into that category.

For me, it's not necessarily his age that makes me say no, but rather, a lack of motivation.

Comment

Anyone hear anything about KGB? Last I heard was that Green Bay might want to deal him come draft day. Hopefully we give a 2nd or 3rd for him.

KGB with 1 3rd and Rogers with the other 3rd.

Sign Arrinton.

S Griffin with pick 21

OT round 2
                      sigpic

Comment

Haven't heard about KGB. It would most likely be the same kind of deal with him with Rice. I would rather have Rice IMO. but that's just me. There are veterans that we could grab. I see us trading up to #14 and grabbing Nelson in the first. So we will either need to draft a DE in the 2nd or sign/trade for a veteran who can get to the passer. How old is Kerney? Pretty sure he's pretty old also. or he looks like it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Alps2315
                          According to one of my sources (who wants to remain anonymous), the Bucs are trying to trade Simeon Rice and if they don't trade him, then they are going to cut him. Idk about you guys but I would love to see him in Denver on the other side of Dumervil . The Bucs are apparently interested in getting Gaines Adams in the draft to get younger on the defensive side of the ball and if they draft him, that makes Rice expendible. If we traded for him/signed him, we then would not have to draft a DE in the first or second and just get one for depth; furthermore, that would free us up to get a S in the first and address DT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds along with WR. Thoughts?
                          What happened to all the rumors that Tampa was going to do everything possible to get C.J.

I think that Tampa is going to trade with Detroit for the 2nd pick if C.J. doesn't go #1 to the Raiders....
                          I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Originally posted by TR3Y
                            What happened to all the rumors that Tampa was going to do everything possible to get C.J.

I think that Tampa is going to trade with Detroit for the 2nd pick if C.J. doesn't go #1 to the Raiders....
                            They would love to have C.J. but there are a ton of teams who want him and they are happy with their WR core at this point. They NEED to get younger on the defensive side of the ball. Gaines Adams would fit perfectly into what they want to do.

Comment

The source I've mentioned a few times here who is actually located in Tampa Bay and who has gotten to write for the papers being a media guy for the Buccaneers has continuously told me about the chaos in Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay really like Johnson, but they need to get younger on defense. It's simply weighing their options. Are the rest of their first-day picks worth Calvin Johnson, or is it better to address all their other needs? They can still get a great receiver in the early second-round. It's a predicament for sure, but I'm not really keen on them making a huge move for Johnson, unless Detroit lowers the asking price; which I doubt they will.

Comment

Working...
                              X