3 different mocks depending upon who's available:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 different mocks depending upon who's available:

This would be my final wish list for how I would like the draft to go with 3 options depending upon moving down if players aren't available:

Mock #1

#1-Jamaal Anderson, DE-Despite the mock I ran a couple of days back that had Denver moving up to #2, then back down, this is the one guy that I would really, really want. I think our defense needs him badly and he could put us over the hump and take us to the next level.

#2-(from Miami)-Sidney Rice, WR-Denver ends up dropping down four spots and picks up Miami's 4th rounder. Miami wants Trent Edwards and sees three teams ahead of them that could take him (Philadelphia, NO, NYJ). Though there are bigger needs, Shanahan wants more security for Walker & Cutler at the WR position and didn't think Rice would fall this far so he grabs him.

#3-(from Atlanta)-Eric Weddle, S-Atlanta wants to make sure thay get Michael Bush and again see three teams ahead of them that could easily grab him (Minn, Houston, Buffalo). Denver picks up their 4th rounder (they have 3) by dropping five spots and grabs Weddle, who sits under Lynch for a year.

#3-(trade)-Kris Jenkins, DT-I can't just let this one die. Denver gives up their 3rd this year and a 4th next year that could become a 3rd, depending upon performance. He will solidify the middle for Denver if healthy.

#4-(from Miami)-Brandon Siler, LB-Denver uses the extra pick from Miami to grab Siler, who could turn out to be a steal or just a decent player. He has the ability to play inside or outside.

#4-(from Atlanta)-Jake Bender, OT-Another extra pick, but Denver gets a huge developmental prospect with a huge upside. He's a great athlete that will be able to sit behind Lepsis and learn.

#6-(from Detroit)-Allen Barbre, OG-Another sleeper, but will be a big hit or a big miss. He'll be on the practice squad for a year or two.

#6-Mkristo Bruce, DE-Denver takes a gamble on a potential pass rush threat that some would argue was a product of the system. Another boom or bust.

#7-Ramonce Taylor, RB-Denver takes a flier on the troublesome Taylor, but he might be the big back they could use.

Mock #2

#1-(from Chicago)-Jarvis Moss, DE-With all the players Denver really wanted gone, they trade down with Chicago, who was desperately trying to trade up for a shot at Greg Olson. They pick up their 1st and their 2nd (37th pick) and still end up with Jarvis Moss, who they are hoping is another Jevon Kearse.

#2-(from Chicago)-Dwayne Jarrett, WR-The slow 40 times cause his slide all the way to Denver's good graces. This is insurance and a potential second receiver to Walker, maybe even this year.

#2-(from Miami)-Eric Weddle, S-Liking the way this draft is going, they take Weddle here, even though they were thinking 3rd round for him. Getting Jarrett solidified this choice as he sits behind Lynch for a year.

#3-(from Atlanta)-Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE-Denver uses the extra pick, along with the great defensive end depth in the draft, to solidify their end position further. He is raw, but could turn out to be better than those taken ahead of him.

#3-(trade)-Kris Jenkins, DT

#4-(from Miami)-Brandon Siler, LB

#4-(from Atlanta)-Jake Bender, OT

#6-(from Detroit)-Allen Barbre, OG

#6-Anthony Waters, LB-Was hurt and there are some questions about him, but he could turn out to be a real steal at a position that's still unsettled.

#7-Ramonce Taylor, RB

Mock #3

#2-(from Chicago)-Anthony Spencer, DE-They failed on their initial wants (Carriker, Anderson, etc.) and when Moss wasn't there at #31 they traded down again with Atlanta, who had their eye on Charles Johnson, having selected LaRon Landry with their first 1st rounder. Spencer is Denver's next highest rated defensive end, and a good one at that.

#2-(from Atlanta)-Dwayne Jarrett, WR-They get the 39th pick and Atlanta's last two 4th rounders (one originally belonging to Denver & a compensatory pick). Jarrett is still on the board and Denver snatches him up quickly.

#2-(from Miami)-Eric Weddle, S

#3-(from Atlanta)-Akaika Alama-Francis, DE

#3-(trade)-Kris Jenkins, DT

#4-(from Miami)-Brandon Siler, LB

#4-(from Atlanata)-Paul Soliai, DT-Although not a huge need with the addition of Jenkins, Denver can't pass on the potential of Soliai and quickly grab him, hoping he'll push Warren in the very near future.

#4-(from Atlanta)-Chris Henry, RB-Another guy who left school early and may take a year ot two, but could turn out as Denver's newest 1000-yard guy in the near future. He also provides a nice option to Bell because of his speed.

#4-(from Atlanta)-Jake Bender, OT

#6-(from Detroit)-Alan Barbre, OG

#6-Anthony Waters, LB

#7-C.J. Gaddis, S-Another kid who left school early but has some potential. he might make the practice squad and who knows after that.

These are the 3 scenario's that I would like to see happen. I'll take the first one, obviously because I think getting Anderson there makes the whole draft worth it almost. If he's not there, I like the depth that the other two bring, and probably some pretty good players too.

WHICH ONE OF THESE DO YOU LIKE THE BEST?

we dont have any fourth rounders.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
      Notice the (From 'Insert Team here') Part?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
        Follow the trades brother. Under these mocks we do have fourth rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by OKBroncoBoy
          Follow the trades brother. Under these mocks we do have fourth rounders.
          How do you follow the ttrades? I need the trades explained! Thats a *****t load of picks coming our way!

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado1
            How do you follow the ttrades? I need the trades explained! Thats a *****t load of picks coming our way!
            Trades are explained in the first one and carry over into the others unless it's a different trade. There is a lot of trading down in these mocks, which I'm personally in favor of.

Comment

The trades are ridiculos... you guys are giving up nothing and getting everything...
              You somehow trade for Jenkins, but give up nothing. Miami is willing to give up
              2 picks to move up 4 spots? ATL is thinking Bush will be there in the third round?
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
              X