Broncos add 2 LB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos add 2 LB's

I know it was posted earlier about DD Lewis, but they also added Warrick Holdman. According to the article, both will be battling for the spot vacated by DJ since he will be moving to the inside.

I'd much rather prefer Willis than these two retreads, but at least they are trying.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5757856

Originally posted by 32-33Champs
    I know it was posted earlier about DD Lewis, but they also added Warrick Holdman. According to the article, both will be battling for the spot vacated by DJ since he will be moving to the inside.

I'd much rather prefer Willis than these two retreads, but at least they are trying.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5757856
    I'd much rather prefer picking Jamaal Anderson in the first round if we trade up instead of Willis but hey......

Comment

I'm sticking with this theory:

Adding a first-round LB will improve the linebackers.

Adding a first-round DE or DT will improve the defensive line, linebackers, and secondary.
      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
        I'd much rather prefer picking Jamaal Anderson in the first round if we trade up instead of Willis but hey......
        well then, you must love this part:

"The additions today could be an indication Denver is focused on adding a defensive lineman with its first pick in this weekend's draft. Denver is scheduled to pick No. 21 in the first round on Saturday."
        sigpic

Comment

I'm usually not for anyone collecting a free paycheck, but I hope we don't have to rely on either one to fill a starting roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
            well then, you must love this part:
            You have no freaking idea

Comment

I like the Warrick Holdman signing. He is a veteran who is a nice role player that can fill our outside linebacker position opposite Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad
                I'm usually not for anyone collecting a free paycheck, but I hope we don't have to rely on either one to fill a starting roll.
                Im gonna second that one.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I want Vaughn to start at SAM

Comment

Originally posted by rockrules40
                    I want Vaughn to start at SAM

Any particular reason?
                    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Holdman is a pretty decent player, I like the signing. Lewis can compete for the position, and play special teams if he doesn't get it. Good news

Comment

Oh man, this is music to my ears. No wasting our first round pick on Briggs or a rook linebacker. I hope we make a run at Gaines Adams, but realistically we could get Carriker.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
                          Any particular reason?

I dont know he looked good in preseason and has the frame for SAM

Comment

Bringing in a 32 year old veteran and a guy who has spent half of his career on injured reserve does not make it a sure thing we do not draft a linebacker. Uh smawkskwwwwwwwwen.

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
                              I'm sticking with this theory:

Adding a first-round LB will improve the linebackers.

Adding a first-round DE or DT will improve the defensive line, linebackers, and secondary.
                              Great point, I second that.

Comment

Working...
                              X