Denver Doesn't Want CJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Doesn't Want CJ

As far as I've heard Denver going after Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson is all rumors. Some of you might say that Shanny is just throwing up a smoke screen, however he knows we have enough depth at WR and he also knows not to throw away two whole drafts to get one player. Yes he was a beast in college and I'll give him that, but even CJ isn't worth our drafts in 07 and 08. Plus he might actually turn out to be a bust and although I don't think he will be there's always a chance so I don't want to risk it. Also even if we could move up to #2 (which is HIGHLY unlikely) , Oakland will most likely take him just to piss us off so people I say enough with CJ he's out of our reach and even a player of his caliber isn't worth throwing away picks that could have addressed more pressing needs than WR. So that's all I'm saying and people this is a mature debate so if you get pissed off easily stay out of it cause no one wants to hear it.
    Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Ya, I wouldn't trade away two firsts, for a WR, who was shut down by a saftey, we can pick up in the third.

Comment

If we were going to move up to 2, which I highly doubt, it wouldn't be announced until after the Raiders pick. If Oakland took Russell, then the deal would be announced and Denver would take Johnson. That would be kinda stupid to move up to two beforehand when everyone knows why. The deal was contingent on Oakland not taking Johnson.

Anyone else think we should stop talking about CJ, because its just too big a price to pay and its not gonna happen. Last I heard, there was no deal on the table, and talks were not taking place for Denver to move up to 2 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SS #38
        As far as I've heard Denver going after Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson is all rumors. Some of you might say that Shanny is just throwing up a smoke screen, however he knows we have enough depth at WR and he also knows not to throw away two whole drafts to get one player. Yes he was a beast in college and I'll give him that, but even CJ isn't worth our drafts in 07 and 08. Plus he might actually turn out to be a bust and although I don't think he will be there's always a chance so I don't want to risk it. Also even if we could move up to #2 (which is HIGHLY unlikely) , Oakland will most likely take him just to piss us off so people I say enough with CJ he's out of our reach and even a player of his caliber isn't worth throwing away picks that could have addressed more pressing needs than WR. So that's all I'm saying and people this is a mature debate so if you get pissed off easily stay out of it cause no one wants to hear it.

I fully agree.. excpet that you say he "could be a bust".. that is flawed, hell, ANY player "could be a bust". Can't use that as a reason not to draft him because then there is no draft and no draft= no players, no players= no league.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria
          I fully agree.. excpet that you say he "could be a bust".. that is flawed, hell, ANY player "could be a bust". Can't use that as a reason not to draft him because then there is no draft and no draft= no players, no players= no league.
          I know, but we're not throwing away two entire drafts for a single player. Yes any player can be a bust and thats why I'm saying not even CJ isn't worth all those picks. Thats my reason not that he could be a bust. That's all I'm saying man. So I think you kind of misinterpreted what I was saying cause what you just said is what I'm trying to get across. Also, I thought I had said that we shouldn't talk about CJ anymore. I guess I must have accidentally deleted it, but yeah I totally agree that CJ shouldn't be an issue any more.
          Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

I know, but we're not throwing away two entire drafts for a single player. Yes any player can be a bust and thats why I'm saying not even CJ isn't worth all those picks. Thats my reason not that he could be a bust. That's all I'm saying man. So I think you kind of misinterpreted what I was saying cause what you just said is what I'm trying to get across. Also, I thought I had said that we shouldn't talk about CJ anymore. I guess I must have accidentally deleted it, but yeah I totally agree that CJ shouldn't be an issue any more.

Yeah.. no more CJ. It's CJ this.. CJ that... oops.. sorry, that's more CJ!!hehe

Umm.. errr.... did ya catch that new movie Hot Fuzz? Oh crap.. now Im off topic!!!!
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria
              Yeah.. no more CJ. It's CJ this.. CJ that... oops.. sorry, that's more CJ!!hehe

Umm.. errr.... did ya catch that new movie Hot Fuzz? Oh crap.. now Im off topic!!!!
              Whenever I get into this mess, I just post pictures of a scrumtious enchillada platter! YUM!

GOVERNOR'S MANSION CHICKEN ENCHILADA
              CASSEROLE

1 sm. can chopped green chili
              1 lg. can Ashley enchilada sauce
              1 can cream of chicken soup
              1 sm. can Pet milk
              2 c. chicken broth
              1 1/2 dozen corn tortillas
              2 c. grated longhorn cheese
              2 tbsp. chopped onion
              1 stewing chicken, boned & chopped

Saute onions and chili in butter. Combine all liquids and add onion and chill. Break tortillas into pieces, place in casserole in layers with chicken and cheese, ending with cheese. Pour liquid over all and refrigerate overnight or several hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
              sigpic

Comment

The thread is wrong.... at least IMO... Denver does WANT CJ... you just dont think
                they should because you for some reason think your WRs are amazing. The question
                should be "Can Shanny muster up something that WOULD work?" Which IMO he
                cant, but if he can then i say by all means he will.
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                  Whenever I get into this mess, I just post pictures of a scrumtious enchillada platter! YUM!

GOVERNOR'S MANSION CHICKEN ENCHILADA
                  CASSEROLE

1 sm. can chopped green chili
                  1 lg. can Ashley enchilada sauce
                  1 can cream of chicken soup
                  1 sm. can Pet milk
                  2 c. chicken broth
                  1 1/2 dozen corn tortillas
                  2 c. grated longhorn cheese
                  2 tbsp. chopped onion
                  1 stewing chicken, boned & chopped

Saute onions and chili in butter. Combine all liquids and add onion and chill. Break tortillas into pieces, place in casserole in layers with chicken and cheese, ending with cheese. Pour liquid over all and refrigerate overnight or several hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
                  Dude. stop posting that man.......making me hungry

Comment

Who is a Chef fan to even talk about wide receivers????

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                      The thread is wrong.... at least IMO... Denver does WANT CJ... you just dont think
                      they should because you for some reason think your WRs are amazing. The question
                      should be "Can Shanny muster up something that WOULD work?" Which IMO he
                      cant, but if he can then i say by all means he will.
                      Wow you sure are in the dark. Shanahan doesn't need Johnson, can't get him, and even if he could wouldn't waste all those picks to get him. As for our recievers some of them are pretty "amazing" including: Walker, Kircus (who showed off his skills as the #3 reciever last year), Marshall (who looked great for a rookie), and Stokley if he can get back in to shape. So don't even try to talk bad about our recievers since the Chiefs recieving corps can't even come close.

Comment

The trade offer to Detroit was confirmed by Detroit.
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Wow you sure are in the dark. Shanahan doesn't need Johnson, can't get him, and even if he could wouldn't waste all those picks to get him. As for our recievers some of them are pretty "amazing" including: Walker, Kircus (who showed off his skills as the #3 reciever last year), Marshall (who looked great for a rookie), and Stokley if he can get back in to shape. So don't even try to talk bad about our recievers since the Chiefs recieving corps can't even come close.
                          Im in the dark? I agreed, and said before you did that Shanny CANT get CJ and
                          that it would be stupid to give up all that... so if im in the dark you are too i guess.

Walker, aging... CJ is gonna surpass. Smith is gonna retire and showed it last
                          year. Kircus is a third WR... AT BEST (he is more of a 4th WR). B Marsh does look
                          good, and i liked him BEFORE you guys drafted him so dont try to tell me what he
                          is doing. But still, he is not gonna be a #1 WR. You guys COULD use, and actually
                          WOULD LOVE TO HAVE Calvin Johnson. Your WRs are not an elite unit... they
                          could use and would love to have help.

BTW, i dont see how what team i cheer for has to do with what i know. Also, FYI
                          i suggest you get to know people before making these assumptions... I would have
                          WRs if it was my way with KC... I woulda had WRs about 3 years ago the year after
                          we got Vermiel.
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                            The trade offer to Detroit was confirmed by Detroit.
                            Ok then now I've heard some reliable facts. However that still doesn't mean we are going after CJ. We could just as well be going after Adams or maybe even Landry. Heck Shanny could surprise us all and get Peterson, but who knows what Shanahan is planning to do. Also I said we don't have enough compensation to get there and that the Raiders would probaly take him before us anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                              Im in the dark? I agreed, and said before you did that Shanny CANT get CJ and
                              that it would be stupid to give up all that... so if im in the dark you are too i guess.

Walker, aging... CJ is gonna surpass. Smith is gonna retire and showed it last
                              year. Kircus is a third WR... AT BEST (he is more of a 4th WR). B Marsh does look
                              good, and i liked him BEFORE you guys drafted him so dont try to tell me what he
                              is doing. But still, he is not gonna be a #1 WR. You guys COULD use, and actually
                              WOULD LOVE TO HAVE Calvin Johnson. Your WRs are not an elite unit... they
                              could use and would love to have help.

BTW, i dont see how what team i cheer for has to do with what i know. Also, FYI
                              i suggest you get to know people before making these assumptions... I would have
                              WRs if it was my way with KC... I woulda had WRs about 3 years ago the year after
                              we got Vermiel.

Don't get too caught up in it GC....SS #38 is trying to convince him/herself as much as he/she is trying to convince us that Shanahan wouldn't make that trade.

Imo, SS #38 and a lot of other Broncos fans put way too much stock in the picks Shanahan IS trying to trade.

If there is a player on the board that Shanahan is convinced is a stud, he should always do what it takes to get him. Because Shanahan obviously isn't any good at picking players he doesn't feel worthy of trading up for!

If people don't think that 2 drafts are worth the no2 pick, that's their opinion...They also haven't payed much attention to Shanahan's draft record (Or they could be in a deep state of denial).

This attitude pisses a lot of you off (Well...most of you), but I'm just being honest!
                              stnzed
                              Banned User
                              Last edited by stnzed; 04-26-2007, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X