Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver Doesn't Want CJ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by stnzed
    Don't get too caught up in it GC....SS #38 is trying to convince him/herself as much as he/she is trying to convince us that Shanahan wouldn't make that trade.

    Imo, SS #38 and a lot of other Broncos fans put way too much stock in the picks Shanahan IS trying to trade.

    If there is a player on the board that Shanahan is convinced is a stud, he should always do what it takes to get him. Because Shanahan obviously isn't any good at picking players he doesn't feel worthy of trading up for!

    If people don't think that 2 drafts are worth the no2 pick, that's their opinion...They also haven't payed much attention to Shanahan's draft record (Or are in a deep state of denial).

    This attitude pisses a lot of you off (Well...most of you), but I'm just being honest!
    See, if i were a Bronco fan i wouldnt mind letting SHanny go out on limbs... He may
    neglect the DL position and an early round RB... but SHanny has made some nice
    moves on draft day that have paid off.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by GridironChamp
      Im in the dark? I agreed, and said before you did that Shanny CANT get CJ and
      that it would be stupid to give up all that... so if im in the dark you are too i guess.

      Walker, aging... CJ is gonna surpass. Smith is gonna retire and showed it last
      year. Kircus is a third WR... AT BEST (he is more of a 4th WR). B Marsh does look
      good, and i liked him BEFORE you guys drafted him so dont try to tell me what he
      is doing. But still, he is not gonna be a #1 WR. You guys COULD use, and actually
      WOULD LOVE TO HAVE Calvin Johnson. Your WRs are not an elite unit... they
      could use and would love to have help.


      BTW, i dont see how what team i cheer for has to do with what i know. Also, FYI
      i suggest you get to know people before making these assumptions... I would have
      WRs if it was my way with KC... I woulda had WRs about 3 years ago the year after
      we got Vermiel.
      Ok then srry I must have misinterpreted what you said. However Johnson could turn out to be bust although I believe that won't happen there's always a chance so wasting all those picks to supposedly "improve" our recieving corps could turn out to be a costly mistake. And whats this about him turning out to be better than Walker? He is not a guarantee you know. He could be injury-ridden or turn out horrible in the NFL so I say wait till he actually plays to even say foolish things like that. I'm also pretty sure that although we would like to have Johnson, he is not a need and we are not guaranteed that he can produce in the NFL. I respect your opinion though.
      Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

      John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

      SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by stnzed
        Don't get too caught up in it GC....SS #38 is trying to convince him/herself as much as he/she is trying to convince us that Shanahan wouldn't make that trade.

        Imo, SS #38 and a lot of other Broncos fans put way too much stock in the picks Shanahan IS trying to trade.

        If there is a player on the board that Shanahan is convinced is a stud, he should always do what it takes to get him. Because Shanahan obviously isn't any good at picking players he doesn't feel worthy of trading up for!

        If people don't think that 2 drafts are worth the no2 pick, that's their opinion...They also haven't payed much attention to Shanahan's draft record (Or they could be in a deep state of denial).

        This attitude pisses a lot of you off (Well...most of you), but I'm just being honest!
        First of all, I do respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it. By the way next time you post something about me or what I said remember what I tell you now. I am a guy so please refrain from the him/her stuff lol. Also I do trust Shanahan and I hope that even if he picks some one I would rather not have with the Broncos that it turns out well and Shanahan again makes a great move.
        SS #38
        Practice Squad
        Last edited by SS #38; 04-26-2007, 06:27 PM.
        Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

        John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

        SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

        Comment


        • #19
          SS, there is a difference between us wanting Calvin Johnson, and us needing Calvin Johnson. You may think we dont need a WR, especially not in the first, and I agree with you that we shouldnt draft one Day 1, but we DO have some injuries. We could use some padding, and Shanny knows that. Thats why he tried to move up to #2.

          In response to the thread title, yes, Denver does want Calvin Johnson. But let me ask you this: Is there a team that doesnt?


          My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

          Comment


          • #20
            Everyone wants Calvin Johnson.

            Only a few teams could have him though... and we're not going to be one of them.
            sigpic

            :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

            D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

            :logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by GridironChamp
              See, if i were a Bronco fan i wouldnt mind letting SHanny go out on limbs... He may
              neglect the DL position and an early round RB... but SHanny has made some nice
              moves on draft day that have paid off.

              I agree...Let Shanahan take risks, and move up (Just as long as it's not for Carriker). I could live without Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer if it meant getting Calvin Johnson.

              And I could definately live without whoever Shanahan picks with the rest of the picks of 07. The no1 next year has me grippin, but I'll live.

              It's funny how 99% of Broncos fans here think that Shanahan is omnipotent until he's about to do something they don't like.

              Trading is the one aspect of personel that Shanahan has proven he's good at!

              Comment


              • #22
                You NEVER give up your whole draft for a receiver. Receivers have more of a "bust-factor" than most other positions and history shows that you can find a very good one in the later rounds (Joe Horn, Marques Colston, etc.)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by SS #38
                  First of all, I do respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it. By the way next time you post something about me or what I said remember what I tell you now. I am a guy so please refrain from the him/her stuff lol. Also I do trust Shanahan and I hope that even if he picks some one I would rather not have with the Broncos that it turns out well and Shanahan again makes a great move.

                  Won't happen again!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
                    You NEVER give up your whole draft for a receiver. Receivers have more of a "bust-factor" than most other positions and history shows that you can find a very good one in the later rounds (Joe Horn, Marques Colston, etc.)
                    Maybe, but WRs also have some of the biggest upsides as well.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X