If all else fails....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If all else fails....

I was pondering this for awhile, if Shanny doesn’t make a move to move UP in the first to get: CJ, Adams, Landry, Okoye, Willis, Branch, Anderson, and he doesn’t like what available for him at #21, do you think he would trade down and pull off something like this?

This would be very intriguing to me:

We get: Bears # 31(600) and 37(530) overall

They get: Broncos #21(800) and 56(350) overall

We Draft: Anthony Spencer and Justin Harrell
    Or in other words:
    We Draft: Best available DE and DT

I know someone said something about this awhile ago, but I thought I would put my 2 cents on it.

I hope not

I would really hate to move down and not get an additional pick. If you find us a scenario that gets us a 4th or another 3rd etc...then I could see it, but not just two for two.
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
      I would really hate to move down and not get an additional pick. If you find us a scenario that gets us a 4th or another 3rd etc...then I could see it, but not just two for two.
      we could give 21 to the bucs, and get #35 and #68 in return. if spencer doesn't drop to 35, take meriweather or harrell.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU#1
        I was pondering this for awhile, if Shanny doesn’t make a move to move UP in the first to get: CJ, Adams, Landry, Okoye, Willis, Branch, Anderson, and he doesn’t like what available for him at #21, do you think he would trade down and pull off something like this?

Or in other words:

I know someone said something about this awhile ago, but I thought I would put my 2 cents on it.
        Looking at the points for each pick, I would hope that the Bears would throw in their 5th rounder.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I wouldnt mind moving down if there wasnt a guy that would help us at #21.A lot of scouts and GMs are saying there is only 16-18 players with 1st rnd grades so it would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by utebroncofan
            I wouldnt mind moving down if there wasnt a guy that would help us at #21.A lot of scouts and GMs are saying there is only 16-18 players with 1st rnd grades so it would make sense.
            Exactly what I'm getting at, I mean if you look at the last 10-15 picks in mocks, they circulate SOOO much. Some have Moss not even going in the first round, some have steve smith going in the 20's, some have merriweather in 1st, some dont. Its just hard for me to sit here and think..."We're gonna get the best 2nd Tier player available" I want a first tier player or two top 2nd tiers.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU#1

Or in other words:

That's pretty good.

Let's examine what those options might be.

1. Chicago - As you stated above:
              We get: Bears # 31(600) and 37(530) overall (1130 TOTAL)
              They get: Broncos #21(800) and 56(350) overall (1150 TOTAL)
              Overall - break even.
              Question: Would the Bears have the need to go after a player at 21? Any potential names?

We could end up Anthony Spencer and also grab someone like
              - Steve Smith, WR, USC?
              - Tank Tyler, DT, N.C. State?
              - Michael Griffin, S, Texas?
              provided there is a slide. I don't know if we could snag both Spencer and Harrell - they'd both have to slide a fair ways.

2. Atlanta
              We get: ATL #39 (510) and #44 (460) - overall (970 TOTAL)
              They get: Broncos #21(800) and 86(160) overall (960TOTAL)

That leaves Denver with picks: #39, #44, #56 and #70.

Question: What would ATL need at #21 to make them add that type of R1 contract?
              Answer: Spencer or Moss?

How does that affect us?
              We could potentially walk away from Day 1 with the following crew:
              #39 (David Harris, ILB, Michigan)
              #44 (Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia)
              #56 (Eric Weddle, S, Utah)
              #70 (Paul Soliai, NT, Utah)

Are these difference makers that push us to another Super Bowl win? I don't think so but they do add good depth and lay a solid foundation for the future.

I don't know if I would give up our first for anything less than second round picks. So that leaves us with those 2 options or trade for someone's next years. How about we trade for Oakland's next years pick
              Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

If the Broncos trade down, I hope that the deal includes GM who can actually pick players that stick for more than a couple years!

Why would anybody want to see Shanahan get even more opportunities to waste 2nd and 3rd round picks? Seriously!

Comment

I dont, but I dont want to draft #21 overall busts neither

I am really hoping we trade up and get someone good but if we dont I'll be real nervous

Comment

I'd love to see us trade down because I think there are a lot of quality guys that will be gone by our 2nd round pick, but would be a reach at 21. I would love to see us land Justin Harrell, but 21 seems like a big reach due to his injury history. If we move back in the first, but up in the 2nd, then we can get Harrell and another top player like Spencer or Griffin or whoever you like that won't be there at the end of round 2. The only problem I could see, as Pruke pointed out, is what incentive is there for a team like the bears to make this trade? There needs to be someone available at 21 that they want bad enough to make a move.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                      If the Broncos trade down, I hope that the deal includes GM who can actually pick players that stick for more than a couple years!

Why would anybody want to see Shanahan get even more opportunities to waste 2nd and 3rd round picks? Seriously!
                      i aggree with that

Comment

Working...
                      X