No announcement yet.

Dwayne Jarrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, to me Lelie just seemed like a big pansy. He would never catch the ball in traffic and never came down with the big catch if he wasn't wide open. I liked his size and speed, just didn't like his effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
      My reaction to a possible Jarrett pick would be dull surprise.

Seriously, I would be OK with it, I wouldn't overract negatively like a lot of other people on here would, but I agree that there are better options for us. For receivers, if we were to address that early, I actually prefer Meachem over the rest (excluding CJ).

Jarrett would give the Broncos easily the biggest set of receivers in the league, when they already have one of the biggest. I like the pick because I don't see enough talent at WR when I look at the current roster. I like Walker, and I like Marshall's potential, and that's it.
      Wow...someone who actually agrees with me.

Time to start a coalition.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU#1
        Well, to me Lelie just seemed like a big pansy. He would never catch the ball in traffic and never came down with the big catch if he wasn't wide open. I liked his size and speed, just didn't like his effort.
        I don't think it was him being a pansy, the effort was there, the skill wasn't. He had decent hands and could make circus grabs, but over the middle he didn't have bulk or experience doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
          I don't think it was him being a pansy, the effort was there, the skill wasn't. He had decent hands and could make circus grabs, but over the middle he didn't have bulk or experience doing it.
          Ok, so maybe pansy wasn't the "best" term to describe it, because if he was a real pansy... he wouldn't be in the league. But what I was meaning is what you said about the bulk. He was just a bust and that bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU#1
            Ok, so maybe pansy wasn't the "best" term to describe it, because if he was a real pansy... he wouldn't be in the league. But what I was meaning is what you said about the bulk. He was just a bust and that bothers me.
            Yea, definately didn't live up to his potential.

In fact, outside of Javon, no WR in that draft has performed particularly well at all. Kinda sad.

Comment

Jason Hill is 1000x the receiver Jerrett is.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                Yea, definately didn't live up to his potential.

In fact, outside of Javon, no WR in that draft has performed particularly well at all. Kinda sad.
                Yeah, I think we were just desperate to find that #2 receiver after Eddie retired, and unfortunately, it didn't pan out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow

Comment

I think i would turn off the TV if we drafted Dwayne Jarrett in the first.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow
                      I wouldn't go quite THAT far, he's good, but doesn't have the physical attributes Jarrett has, and I think Jarrett might have that special playmaking ability.

Comment

dont get me wrong i like jarrett but i think we have our jarrett in marshall. and wouldnt like him in the first but hey thats just me. i think we need more of a burner to help stretch our d
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Jarret is talented... but broncos have more pressing needs... I would rather pick up Anthony Gonzalez in the 3rd... draft Def rounds 1 and 2

Comment

Working...
                          X