Here's to Hoping! My Wishlist Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's to Hoping! My Wishlist Mock

Round 1 (21) - Alan Branch - DT - Michigan - If indeed he's falling, despite the many rumors that are circulating regarding him, Branch would be an excellent addition. Justin Harrell is pretty interchangeable for me here at this pick as Tennessee has a great line of DT success.

Round 2 (56) - Victor Abiamiri - DE - Notre Dame - Abiamiri fits the Bates DE profile, and has lots of upside ready to be coached up. Not a sure thing, but has the potential to have first round production if put in the right situation with the right coaching.

Round 3 (70) - Doug Free - OT - N. Illinois - Adds a little more desired size to our LT position of the future, and has the athletic prowess to play in the zone scheme. A little early here, but with more teams switching to zone schemes athletic lineman like Free will be coming off the board earlier where we used to be able to wait until the later rounds.

Round 3 (86) - Gerald Alexander - S - Boise St. - This is a little early for Alexander, but for lack of a 4th or 5th rounder, it's our last shot. Knows how to come up agains the run, good intangibles, he's been a leader on a winning team.

Round 6 (176) - Jay Moore - DE - Nebraska - Over achiever, good intangibles, possibly a very good rotation player in the NFL who will keep others working with him. Blue collar DE.

Round 6 (198) - Steve Breaston - KR/PR - Michigan - Solely a return man, and a bonus if his receiver skills develop enough to stretch the field. Lots of ability, never materialized as a WR. But has natural punt and kick return ability, one of Shanny's priorities this draft.

Round 7 (233) - Oscar Lua - OLB - USC - Lua has NFL special teams nut written all over him. Gritty player who'll leave it all on the field, plays with passion. To me, a welcome addition to any team.

You and I have similar beliefs, similar players, in fact some of the same players and pretty much the same ideas per round. Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      You and I have similar beliefs, similar players, in fact some of the same players and pretty much the same ideas per round. Great work.
      Thanks man, here's to hoping, right? Should be a fun weekend, but still, I'm expecting some sort of trade.

We'll either trade up, make a deal for someone like Kris Jenkins, or make a surprise trade with one of our own players (Ian Gold?)

I just don't see any way that Shanny stands pat.

Comment

do you like alexander more than someone like piscatelli or gattis? or do you think they'll be gone?

i don't like the breaston pick, purely because of domenik hixon, as that's what we drafted him for and i don't wanna double stack at KR...

other than that i like it. your 1st 3 picks would have me very excited...

dream since you're in here, will quentin moses be around with our early 3rd? and if he won't would 56 be reaching way too hard for him? i don't know much about abiamiri, how do the two compare?

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

I agree, great picks......but why not Sabby w/ our 3a pick, and Free w/ our 3b pick? And thaddeus washington instead of lua..........just cause thadd is a local boy. But overall i like it.....For those of you who are about to draft........I SALUTE YOU
          Let's draft her....

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
            Thanks man, here's to hoping, right? Should be a fun weekend, but still, I'm expecting some sort of trade.

We'll either trade up, make a deal for someone like Kris Jenkins, or make a surprise trade with one of our own players (Ian Gold?)

I just don't see any way that Shanny stands pat.
            I don't see us standing pat either, and I wouldn't be surprised if we made some move including other picks to get to #14 and nab Jenkins too.

I'd love to get rid of Ian.

Comment

Has Steve Breaston really fallen into the 6th round?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
                do you like alexander more than someone like piscatelli or gattis? or do you think they'll be gone?

i don't like the breaston pick, purely because of domenik hixon, as that's what we drafted him for and i don't wanna double stack at KR...

other than that i like it. your 1st 3 picks would have me very excited...

dream since you're in here, will quentin moses be around with our early 3rd? and if he won't would 56 be reaching way too hard for him? i don't know much about abiamiri, how do the two compare?

I was reading the CDS player spotlight on abiamiri. They say he's BALLIN'......in terms of physical conditioning and build............so take what you can from that.....
                Let's draft her....

Comment

high five!
                  *slap
                  down low!
                  *slap
                  kinda to the left a little bit
                  *whiff
                  oops, my bad, that was your right, my left....

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                  We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

I don't see us standing pat either, and I wouldn't be surprised if we made some move including other picks to get to #14 and nab Jenkins too.

Aw, don't be a tease.

If we got to #14 and shed Ian in the deal, I might just have to go to Dove Valley and make a sacrificial offering to the divine powers Mike Shanahan and Ted Sundquist.

Hopefully they have it in their plans. They did sign two LBs today....

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

I don't get all the Ian Gold hate. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
                        I don't have any funny Carriker/Erroriker things for Gold, but the guy is not cool.

Comment

I don't have any funny Carriker/Erroriker things for Gold, but the guy is not cool.

I just thought of one: you could say Ian "Fools" Gold. What do you think?

Comment

Crap.

I wish I could find that .GIF of Ian Gold whiffing on LJ.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

I just thought of one: you could say Ian "Fools" Gold. What do you think?
                              That works. I only liked him for flipping off Eddie Kennison.

Comment

Working...
                              X