Man I'm So Angry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I'm So Angry...

I know this doesn't deal with the draft, which is all anybody wants to talk about, but this is an important point (maybe it's been pointed out before).

First put me on record as hating the Daniel Graham signing from a purely personal sense. I believe Sheffler has pro bowl potential and showed it at the end of last season. Going out and signing a second TE for that much is ridiculous.

But it just dawned on me that if we had NOT signed Graham we could've probably kept Al Wilson. Really...I'm so mad at this. We cut a pro bowl caliber MLB for a decent TE. Really...think about it for a sec.

The Broncos have made so many great moves this off season, but that one was just terrible. They created a need in order to attain an unnecessary surplus. AHHHH!!!

Originally posted by SethGrandpa
    I know this doesn't deal with the draft, which is all anybody wants to talk about, but this is an important point (maybe it's been pointed out before).

First put me on record as hating the Daniel Graham signing from a purely personal sense. I believe Sheffler has pro bowl potential and showed it at the end of last season. Going out and signing a second TE for that much is ridiculous.

But it just dawned on me that if we had NOT signed Graham we could've probably kept Al Wilson. Really...I'm so mad at this. We cut a pro bowl caliber MLB for a decent TE. Really...think about it for a sec.

The Broncos have made so many great moves this off season, but that one was just terrible. They created a need in order to attain an unnecessary surplus. AHHHH!!!
    Yea I kinda agree with you.

I also, back in my mind, kind of dislike the Bly signing too. Could have had an impact on Wilson's release (could have kept him on IR like Priest Holmes). Also keeps Foxworth from starting.

Comment

I hope you feel better now.

You know I am always there for you if you need someone to talk to

Comment

the cutting of al wilson was not so much i think having to do with money but rather decline in play and his serious injury issues. Wouldnt be to smart to pay a guy 6 mill next year if he never even plays a down.
        sigpic
        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

We were releasing Wilson reguardless. He was injured, underproductive and overpaid. We could have kept him though, because we have around 7 mil or so cap room ATM.

As for dan graham, he brings a blockers mentality to the line, and is also a big red zone target. The broncos are known for running the 2 TE set a lot, so why not have 2 great ones on our team?
          sigpic

Comment

I agree, but shanny is a offensive guy and wanted a TE and the bly signing isn't as bad as the graham signing. I loved Wilson alot, but now I'm over it, he was about to start heading downward in his career and shanny knew it, his injury cant help him in that regard. I didn't want to see him go, but he has taken tons and tons of abuse over his years and battled through multiple injuries, I think its time for us all to just move on.

But dont get me wrong, I would still love it for Wilson to be on the team

Comment

I was wondering

How much does Priest Holmes get paid for sitting on IR with his broken neck (or something like that)?

Comment

Originally posted by SethGrandpa

The reason we signed Graham is because a second TE is something that we could use with success. Graham is monumentally better than Scheffler at blocking, and probably always will be. With how many times we use double TE sets, we cut down on the need of another WR. We attack the middle of the field with the TEs, recieving FBs, and Henry and open up the outside for Walker and crew. Also, by strengthening the run game, the Broncos make Jay Cutler's job that much easier and prime him to learn quicker.

The signing of Graham had little to do with the release of Wilson. Wilson had a neck injury that is possibly ending his career. He failed physicals left and right and unfortunately was starting to become dead weight. Every year the Broncos have to make tough decisions, last year we had to cut Pryce and Mike Anderson, then there are Dwayne Carswells, Patrick Chuckwurahs, Dan Neils, Cooper Carlisles who you also wish you could keep. It happens to the best. What do you want them to do? Al Wilson was gone either way.

Comment

The reason we signed Graham is because a second TE is something that we could use with success. Graham is monumentally better than Scheffler at blocking, and probably always will be. With how many times we use double TE sets, we cut down on the need of another WR. We attack the middle of the field with the TEs, recieving FBs, and Henry and open up the outside for Walker and crew. Also, by strengthening the run game, the Broncos make Jay Cutler's job that much easier and prime him to learn quicker.

The signing of Graham had little to do with the release of Wilson. Wilson had a neck injury that is possibly ending his career. He failed physicals left and right and unfortunately was starting to become dead weight. Every year the Broncos have to make tough decisions, last year we had to cut Pryce and Mike Anderson, then there are Dwayne Carswells, Patrick Chuckwurahs, Dan Neils, Cooper Carlisles who you also wish you could keep. It happens to the best. What do you want them to do? Al Wilson was gone either way.

You hit the nail on the head here. Graham adds so much to the run, blocking, and a target for Cutler that he was a great signing. I hate the price too but with the cap going up so much every year he won't even near a top paid TE in a couple of years. I hate Wilson going but you gotta know there was a good reason for it besides money. I like to think that adding all the ofensive weapons allows Cutler to develop better and we have our franchise player for the next 15 years (hopefully) The defence will be beefed up in the draft.
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't be surprised when Graham and the offense improve to one of the best in the league, by this I mean look at Shannon Sharpe could catch and block and did a good if not great job at both... well Graham brings that back, now we can have a TE who is a great pass catcher and can stand alone on blocking assignments.

Cutting Al was sad but if health reports are true he has more of an injury risk than he and the team led on.

If your mad about anything just be mad that we signed another old relatively useless DT in McKinley from the Browns, he hasn't produced and we'll get pounded inside until it's fixed. Be mad about that.

Be mad that we still have starters at the safety position that are above 30 and losing a step more and more everyday, especially with Brandon as a backup because no matter what anyone says he SUCKS. Be mad that we have Brandon and no ready up and coming S as the immenant S if Lynch plays poorly/gets hurt and /or Ferguson has the same happen to him, be mad about that.

If your mad about Bly, Graham, Holland, Stokley or Henry you need to look at what we had stepping in:

Scheffler is a great pass catcher but playing at 237lbs and not being able to block that well hurts our running and play action game.

Fox should have been given the opportunity to start and I think he was better the dearly departed Darrent but he will get some more experience and will be an eventual starter in a year or two.

Bell is a good change of pace back but he preforms a lot better as a backup sharing carries.

Stokley will allow for some 3 WR sets with an actual slot WR who can create an immediate mismatch with a nickel CB, he still has wheels for being 30/31 as long as he is healthy.

Holland will vie for a starting position and dont be surprised if Kuper and Holland start even though Hamilton has a good grip on the starting spot I hear from team officials that a bigger line is being thought of due to the increase in passing plays that will be called given our upgrade at QB replacing that erratic passer who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 13 yards away inside the pocket.

On short be mad about our DL and S position first ad formost then be mad at TE and other spots.

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
                      Don't be surprised when Graham and the offense improve to one of the best in the league, by this I mean look at Shannon Sharpe could catch and block and did a good if not great job at both... well Graham brings that back, now we can have a TE who is a great pass catcher and can stand alone on blocking assignments.

Cutting Al was sad but if health reports are true he has more of an injury risk than he and the team led on.

If your mad about anything just be mad that we signed another old relatively useless DT in McKinley from the Browns, he hasn't produced and we'll get pounded inside until it's fixed. Be mad about that.

Be mad that we still have starters at the safety position that are above 30 and losing a step more and more everyday, especially with Brandon as a backup because no matter what anyone says he SUCKS. Be mad that we have Brandon and no ready up and coming S as the immenant S if Lynch plays poorly/gets hurt and /or Ferguson has the same happen to him, be mad about that.

If your mad about Bly, Graham, Holland, Stokley or Henry you need to look at what we had stepping in:

Scheffler is a great pass catcher but playing at 237lbs and not being able to block that well hurts our running and play action game.

Fox should have been given the opportunity to start and I think he was better the dearly departed Darrent but he will get some more experience and will be an eventual starter in a year or two.

Bell is a good change of pace back but he preforms a lot better as a backup sharing carries.

Stokley will allow for some 3 WR sets with an actual slot WR who can create an immediate mismatch with a nickel CB, he still has wheels for being 30/31 as long as he is healthy.

Holland will vie for a starting position and dont be surprised if Kuper and Holland start even though Hamilton has a good grip on the starting spot I hear from team officials that a bigger line is being thought of due to the increase in passing plays that will be called given our upgrade at QB replacing that erratic passer who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 13 yards away inside the pocket.

On short be mad about our DL and S position first ad formost then be mad at TE and other spots.
                      Sharpe became just good enough as blocker to stay the starting TE, he wasn't a great blocker.

Also Scheffler weighs about 250 lbs. Nate Jackson on the other hand weighs about 237 lbs.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I agree with the above posts, Al Wilson was only cut AFTER he had his neck re-examined by a neurosurgeon from California specializing in these types of injuries. Think about it, after that, nobody wanted to talk about his injury (specifics) anymore and he suddenly goes from trade bait to being cut (failing the Giant's physical may have added to this too).

Now, he plans on getting his neck examined by yet another neurosurgeon in hopes of being "cleared" to play (which is a misnomer - doctors can't ever clear someone to play, they can only tell them the risks of doing this and let the player and team decide from there).

My take on it is that Al wants to play, but nobody so far thinks its safe for him to do so including Shanahan and company. So I think he asked for his release to try to hook on somewhere else. But before he can do that, he's doctor shopping until someone tells him what he wants to hear.

In my opinion, he's probably an extremely high risk for reinjury, permanent damage or disability if he plays this season and everyone but him knows this. Even if he goes on to play this next season, what of the long-term complications. They say **** Butkus can't really even walk now, and Ted Johnson has severe brain damage. I salute Denver for trying to look out for his future. This isn't money driven, we didn't save that much in cap space (and then had to go out and sign to vet LBs to try to fill the void). This is performance and health based.

It sucks but life happens. Get over it. I think the organization has done a lot this offseason to improve the team, and have patched a lot of holes from a seemingly inordinate amount of misfortune this offseason (DWil, Nash, Al).

By the way, Shannon Sharpe was a beast of a player. He was the best receiving TE in the business and was cut like a monster and had excellent blocking technique (look at the playoff game against NE if you aren't sure). I like Scheff but NO WAY does he compare in blocking to Sharpe at this point.
                        To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

What strikes me as kind of funny and ironic was last year all everyone was talking about was how Al Wilson is a top three MLB (with Ray Lewis and Urlacher) and now all anyone talks about is his decline in play. It makes me laugh.
                          Originally posted by Soldier96B
                          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Love the Graham signing. Lot of people misunderstand it. He brings 2 dementions to the offense in the passing game and the running game. Not to mention he's probably the best OT on the roster right now. Reasoning for the money he received.

He'll earn it.

Comment

He is a TE, not OT.
                              Originally posted by Soldier96B
                              i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Working...
                              X