Michael Griffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Griffin

With Denver signing 2 new LB's, how do you feel about handling the draft like this:

RD 1 - stay at 21 - take GRIFFIN (the next pro bowl safety)
    RD 2 - Pick up he best DE available
    RD 3 - Pick up a good DT
    RD 3 - Pick up a good WR
    RD 6 - Pick up OL
    RD 6 - Pick up RB
    RD 7 - Pick up CB
    sigpic

Originally posted by Ed Canfield
    With Denver signing 2 new LB's, how do you feel about handling the draft like this:

RD 3 - Pick up a good DT
    RD 3 - Pick up a good WR
    RD 6 - Pick up OL
    RD 6 - Pick up RB
    RD 7 - Pick up CB
    I really like Griffin, he has great value on special teams, and is very Ed Reed like in his game, and dont we all wish we had a little Ed Reed on our team. I think we could even trade back a little and still get him, maybe even collected another second

Comment

Rather than taking Griffin at 21, Id rather trade down and draft Meriweather or Rouse. The only safety who is worth taking at 21 is Nelson if he is available.

Comment

Got to admit, Ed, I'm leaning that way too. There seems to be less quality at Safety than at D-line. Landry is supposedly going to Atlanta. That leaves Nelson, Griffin, and Merriwether as IMO the upper echelon Safeties. The risk is if we pass on Safety in the 1st round, these three will be gone by the time our 2nd round pick rolls around. (Nelson might even be gone before pick #21. NE, Philly, and SD looking to upgrade Safety.) I like Griffin not only to be groomed as a replacement for Ferguson, but for his special teams' play as well.

1. Michael Griffin- S, Texas
        2. Justin Harrell- DT, Tennessee
        3a.Best DE available
        3b.FB/3rd-down back (Leonard- RB, Rutgers/ Bush- RB, Louisville/ FB- Arkansas)
        6a.OT
        6b.K (Got to start thinking of replacing Elam at some point)
        7. ??

Comment

Please god make this reality!!! Griffin is going to be a stud. I honestly dont understand why everyone loves Nelson so much. Griffin can hit like a train, is a ball-hawk and is amazing on ST. What makes Griffin not worth the 21st pick? Please Shanny draft him and give us the best secondary in the NFL. Bailey, Bly, Lynch and Griffin!
          sigpic

Comment

RD 3 - Pick up a good DT
            RD 3 - Pick up a good WR
            RD 6 - Pick up OL
            RD 6 - Pick up RB
            RD 7 - Pick up CB
            How would you feel about:

21: Griffin, S
            56: Durant, LB OR Gonzalez, WR
            70: Trade for Jenkins, DT
            86: Quentin Moses, DE

RD 6: OT
            RD 6: DT
            RD 7: S

Comment

thats sounds like a good draft to me, id be very happy. but i would also take spencer first round trade our 3rd for jenkins.

and the only other safety besides the top tier guys i like is piscatelli. he looks like he could be very very good. went to a smaller school was the unquestioned leader and only started playing football his junior year in highschool but i think hes like 6'3" 225 ran in the 4.40-4.46 range 19 reps in the bench, has very good hands and they say hes a big hitter with ball-hawk abilities.

i would love either griffen and moses or spencer and piscatelli
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

RD 3 - Pick up a good DT
                RD 3 - Pick up a good WR
                RD 6 - Pick up OL
                RD 6 - Pick up RB
                RD 7 - Pick up CB
                I'd be OK with Griffin at 21. Yea there's other needs but, there could be worse picks than him.

Actually, I'd love it.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X