Robert Meachem to Honor D-Will During Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Meachem to Honor D-Will During Draft

Found this tidbit in an article on the Denver Post.

"Her son's memory will be honored during this weekend's NFL draft. Tennessee receiver Robert Meachem plans to wear a T-shirt printed with the image of Darrent Williams on it Saturday as Meachem prepares to be drafted, one of his agents Troy Asmus said today. ESPN will broadcast from Meachem's house, where other family members also will wear similar shirts.

Meachem, expected to be a first-round pick, got to know Williams through Meachem's older brother who played at Oklahoma State with Williams. Meachem has the same agents, Jeff Griffin and Asmus, that Williams employed."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5767360

Much respect to Meachem

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
      Found this tidbit in an article on the Denver Post.

"Her son's memory will be honored during this weekend's NFL draft. Tennessee receiver Robert Meachem plans to wear a T-shirt printed with the image of Darrent Williams on it Saturday as Meachem prepares to be drafted, one of his agents Troy Asmus said today. ESPN will broadcast from Meachem's house, where other family members also will wear similar shirts.

Meachem, expected to be a first-round pick, got to know Williams through Meachem's older brother who played at Oklahoma State with Williams. Meachem has the same agents, Jeff Griffin and Asmus, that Williams employed."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5767360
      Thanks for the read, Orange-Crush21. I just became a fan of Meachem, after reading that. Cp's for the good find.

**edit** You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later.
      I'll get ya later.

Comment

Good for him, instant respect in my book. Any player with a selfless attitude on perhaps the biggest day in his professional career has got to be a hellava guy.....and as far as I am concerned, an attitude like that is one of the immeasurables that makes a great NFL player, so he is already one step ahead.

This one's for you Meachum....

And we miss you DWill......

Comment

Great find Orange Crush21. Drafting Meachem wouldn't be too bad a move.

A CP is coming your way.

Comment

That's nice of him. I'm sure DWill's family will appreciate it very much as will Bronco fans.

Wouldnt it be ironic if we........nah. I wont go there.
            sigpic

Comment

I like Robert i hope we can get him some how.

Comment

its a tragedy such a class individual could end up a Kansas City Chief.

Comment

That's great. I'm still mad that the entire NFL didn't honor his or Damien's memory. They should have a moment of silence at the beginning of the draft for them and a little slide show for each of them. Then also at every one of our games this year they should do the same minus the slideshow. Another thing is we should have #27 on one shoulder and #29 on the other of every single jersey next year. That's what I think should happen, but I'm glad Meachem acknowledged D-Will. Thanks Meachem.
                  Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

Working...
                  X