No announcement yet.

how stupid are the lions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet again everyone is making assumptions. Yes Calvin Johnson was a beast in college that still doesn't guarantee he can produce in the NFL. He could become injury-ridden and not be a factor at all. He could even be a bust although I myself think that is highly unlikely. Now I'm not saying he won't come and produce in the NFL I am however saying that you cannot just assume he will be great in the NFL. He could just be another Mike Williams, but as I said I myself think he will meet expectations and produce some stellar numbers although I don't think this will happen right away. No offence everyone and I respect your opinions I just don't think you can assume a guy will be great in the NFL even one of CJ's caliber.
    Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by SS #38
      Yet again everyone is making assumptions. Yes Calvin Johnson was a beast in college that still doesn't guarantee he can produce in the NFL. He could become injury-ridden and not be a factor at all. He could even be a bust although I myself think that is highly unlikely. Now I'm not saying he won't come and produce in the NFL I am however saying that you cannot just assume he will be great in the NFL. He could just be another Mike Williams, but as I said I myself think he will meet expectations and produce some stellar numbers although I don't think this will happen right away. No offence everyone and I respect your opinions I just don't think you can assume a guy will be great in the NFL even one of CJ's caliber.
      Okay? So you can apply this to any NFL draft prospect. Your whole argument kinda fails.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
        Okay? So you can apply this to any NFL draft prospect. Your whole argument kinda fails.
        No you can't cause we aren't willing to give up the farm for any other draft prospect obviously u misunderstood, that's what I was saying. So my argument kind of wins.
        Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac99
          adam schefter just reported on Nfl total access that: assuming the raiders take jemarcus russell, the lions say that calvin johnson is their man...another receiver? how dumb can mat millen be?

also, did you guys think brady quinn will go to the raiders? or will he fall to miami?

I love how everybody seems to laugh simply cuz the Lions have made other pciks at wideout... how bout you look at it this way: Who is the top player on the baord? Are the Lions that set at wideout with only Roy Williams as the real GREAT player....? their other played Safety two years ago... CJ would be a good addition for them, and while I would see them trading him if they can, I don't think they are that dumb if they keep CJ and would actually be pretty good pick
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac99
            adam schefter just reported on Nfl total access that: assuming the raiders take jemarcus russell, the lions say that calvin johnson is their man...another receiver? how dumb can mat millen be?

also, did you guys think brady quinn will go to the raiders? or will he fall to miami?
            I think they are just BSing and trying to get other teams like Tampa Bay to pull the trigger and swap picks with them..Making the other guy think your going to take the guy they want is a very valid tatic.
            Denvers Draft=C-

Upgraded to a B after the Marcus Thomas pick!!!!!

We finally addressed the DT posistion!!!

Comment

If that deal went through.. the title of this thread would have been..

How stupid are the Broncos..

Even since it didn't.... I still say that for them offering the house.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
                I love how everybody seems to laugh simply cuz the Lions have made other pciks at wideout... how bout you look at it this way: Who is the top player on the baord? Are the Lions that set at wideout with only Roy Williams as the real GREAT player....? their other played Safety two years ago... CJ would be a good addition for them, and while I would see them trading him if they can, I don't think they are that dumb if they keep CJ and would actually be pretty good pick
                Mike Furrey
                98 receptions 1086 yards 6 TDs

Pretty good for a #2 WR

It's not a need for them (WR) but with a prospect like Johnson potentially dangling in front of them as such, it is a tempting offer.
                sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Working...
                X