Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Position with the least probability of a bust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position with the least probability of a bust?

Just asking all those Draft gurus who know a little Draft history, what position do you think has the least likelihood of being a bust? Last year seemed like a good draft for the defensive side of the ball with exception of the 1st pick.
    I guess this could also go under the "safe pick" category. I was thinking that a lot of safeties turn out to be pretty productive. D-line seems to have a high bust rate (Brown, Emtman, Mario Williams-maybe too early-just to name a few).

What do you think?

Sorry, this is not a up to the minute thread about how so-in-so's stock is falling because someone saw him eating at a Denny's. If you smell what I'm stepping in.
    Last edited by KSUBronco; 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM.
    :thumb: God is Good! All the Time!
    All the Time! God is Good!
    :thumb:

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

line backer is probaly the best position as far as not being a post.

CP would be welcome
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Comment

I would say on the O=line. These guys usually have long careers, and I can't remember any big busts...
      sigpic

Check out my clothing company: Dayzend Apparel
      www.dayzend.net

Comment

im no draft guru but i would say punter.

cant really miss on that one, they either boot the ball or they dont.

but in a normal position, id say center, i guess mostly because they dont get all hyped up that much, so if they suck....ehh, whatever, get another one
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

First rounders? Easy, safety. You have to be a STUD to get drafted in the first round in that position as it's not too terribly important comparitively. Also, check page 2's analysis on all positions, it confirms this thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncs 4 life
            I would say on the O=line. These guys usually have long careers, and I can't remember any big busts...

I hear rumors of Robert Gallery filling that hole.. he was good.. but I guess he's declined after his first season of play.

I would say linebacker is the safest.

It's hard to pin point which would be liable for biggest bust-- as you look around and there's busts at every position.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26
              I hear rumors of Robert Gallery filling that hole.. he was good.. but I guess he's declined after his first season of play.

It's hard to pin point which would be liable for biggest bust-- as you look around and there's busts at every position.
              How about Tony Manderich (sp) as well...

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26

Which makes it a crapshoot

Comment

Robert Gallery
                  Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminatrix
                    line backer is probaly the best position as far as not being a post.

CP would be welcome
                    I think tacos have the least probability of being a bust. You can put lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, and meat in a shell, and it seems to always taste good. Tacos never let me and the Denver Broncos down at lunch-time.

CP would be welcome
                    Last edited by Skywalker; 04-27-2007, 10:49 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Safeties.

For real.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. O-line is always a non-bust. Maybe it's our system? I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker
                          I think tacos have the least probability of being a bust. You can put lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, and meat in a shell, and it seems to always taste good. Tacos never let me and possibly the Denver Broncos down at lunch-time.

CP would be welcome
                          not only at the tacos... but the punch line with the cp joke
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
                            I couldn't agree more. O-line is always a non-bust. Maybe it's our system? I don't know.
                            George Foster was a bust in our system.

Originally posted by Skywalker
                            I think tacos have the least probability of being a bust. You can put lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, and meat in a shell, and it seems to always taste good. Tacos never let me and possibly the Denver Broncos down at lunch-time.

CP would be welcome
                            You deserve to be negged for begging!

No tacos for you young lady... now go to your room!

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                              You deserve to be negged for begging!

No tacos for you young lady... now go to your room!
                              negged? no dude i won't be able 2 get my 2nd bar

and i can have a taco if i want 2 man u cant stop me
                              Last edited by Skywalker; 04-27-2007, 10:58 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X