Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D 2 Rule The Day

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • D 2 Rule The Day

    OK, well here we are, one night away from the Draft and we still don't know what will happen with the Broncos pix....they could trade up or down, or stay the same...isn't that zen or something?


    Anyhow, this is how I would look at tomorrow's proceedings, and my picks, accordingly...

    1.) #21 DE Anthony Spencer, Purdue 6'3"-265
    All you Jarvis Moss fans can go away, and re-look at the tape that shows he exploited an unusually wide positioning on the D-Line for the Gators that he won't get away with in the NFL....oh, that and Spencer is stronger and smarter than Moss...and better against the run. The problem now is will Spencer even be there at #21?...in Mike Mayock's Mock tonight on the Network, he had Spencer now at #17 to Jacksonville...don't you "Number 21 is too high for Spencer" hacks feel stoopid??....so that's it folks. Spencer is the clear choice, and with my track record of drilling DeMarcus Ware and Kamerion Wimbley in the last two Drafts, frankly, my track record is better than yours.

    Trade Winds: All this 'trade up' talk makes me ill....there are only two players I would sacrifice picks to trade up for, Amobi Okoye and Jamaal Anderson...

    Not Adam Carriker...

    Not Ted Ginn, Jr...

    and sure as hades not Patrick Willis.

    If we do make the move with Houston to get #10, Willis would leave us with still our top needs in this Draft, and with no remaining ammo to get the bodies...


    #2.) #56 ILB Buster Davis, Florida St. 5'10"-240
    Think Sam Mills, Zach Thomas and London Fletcher...Yes, a little man can play MLB in this League, and play it well...hell, Singletary was only 6'0". I am all about value, and if Fletcher were 6'0", he would be a lock for the first round, so with this pick, you get a legit first round talent in the latter part of the second round, a new leader for the the 'D' and a legit replacement for Wilson that can hit the ground running and possibly start right away.

    Take it from me, this kid is a straight PLAYA...I watched him single-handedly kick my Hurricanes ass in last seasons opener with the Seminoles.

    3.) #70 (From Wash) DT Marcus Thomas, Florida 6'3"-314
    Yes he comes with baggae, we all know that, and he is somewhat of a risk...BUT, if you hit on him, again, like Davis, you would be getting a first-round calibur talent in the third round...I also know Florida players have huge respect for Buster Davis, and he and Marcus Thomas have grown up competing against one another. Davis will provide a perfect example and have leverage to help keep Thomas in line....and again, if all goes well, Thomas could legitimately start come September for the Broncos. Not many (if any) other DT's in this Draft can say that.


    3.) #86 FS Josh Gattis, Wake Forest 6'1"-208
    I don't believe that Safety is as desparate a need as some seem to think. That said, it would be ideal to get a youngster to greoom behind Nick Ferguson this year, so that you are not trying to pick up two Safeties after this season.
    Gattis was one of the Leaders of a very good, actually historically good Wake Forest Defense last year and is a player who I think will get even bettter as a Pro.

    6.) (From Det) WR MarQuay McDaniel, Hampton 5'11"-202
    McDaniel is a true sleeper that would be a very interesting prospect and could stick due to his return skills.

    6.) C/G Kasey Studdard, Texas 6'2"-305
    A tough local kid that Shanahan is very aware of. Shanahan also coached when his Dad, Dave Studdard, was a player for the Broncos.
    Studdard is a tough, gritty player that could fit the Broncos as another possibility at Center, and as a potential contributor at RG.

    7.) RB Alonzo Coleman, Hampton 5'11"-202
    An interesting scat-back type RB...he will have a punchers chance due to his versatility of making the team come training camp.

    Well, as they say, we'll see how it goes...
    Last edited by MindField; 04-27-2007, 09:10 PM.

  • #2
    spencer at #21 is a good pick

    jamal anderson or okye would both be good at pick 10...but i still say carriker.

    i like your first day picks but not your 2nd day picks.
    Last edited by DenBronx; 04-27-2007, 09:13 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I am considering shooting myself if we have this draft. The Broncos may as well do the same because I just don't see this being a draft that helps us win the Super Bowl.

      Comment


      • #4
        Dude!

        Originally posted by MindField
        OK, well here we are, one night away from the Draft and we still don't know what will happen with the Broncos pix....they could trade up or down, or stay the same...isn't that zen or something?


        Anyhow, this is how I would look at tomorrow's proceedings, and my picks, accordingly...

        1.) #21 DE Anthony Spencer, Purdue 6'3"-265
        All you Jarvis Moss fans can go away, and re-look at the tape that shows he exploited an unusually wide positioning on the D-Line for the Gators that he won't get away with in the NFL....oh, that and Spencer is stronger and smarter than Moss...and better against the run. The problem now is will Spencer even be there at #21?...in Mike Mayock's Mock tonight on the Network, he had Spencer now at #17 to Jacksonville...don't you "Number 21 is too high for Spencer" hacks feel stoopid??....so that's it folks. Spencer is the clear choice, and with my track record of drilling DeMarcus Ware and Kamerion Wimbley in the last two Drafts, frankly, my track record is better than yours.

        Trade Winds: All this 'trade up' talk makes me ill....there are only two players I would sacrifice picks to trade up for, Amobi Okoye and Jamaal Anderson...

        Not Adam Carriker...

        Not Ted Ginn, Jr...

        and sure as hades not Patrick Willis.

        If we do make the move with Houston to get #10, Willis would leave us with still our top needs in this Draft, and with no remaining ammo to get the bodies...


        #2.) #56 ILB Buster Davis, Florida St. 5'10"-240
        Think Sam Mills, Zach Thomas and London Fletcher...Yes, a little man can play MLB in this League, and play it well...hell, Singletary was only 6'0". I am all about value, and if Fletcher were 6'0", he would be a lock for the first round, so with this pick, you get a legit first round talent in the latter part of the second round, a new leader for the the 'D' and a legit replacement for Wilson that can hit the ground running and possibly start right away.

        Take it from me, this kid is a straight PLAYA...I watched him single-handedly kick my Hurricanes ass in last seasons opener with the Seminoles.

        3.) #70 (From Wash) DT Marcus Thomas, Florida 6'3"-314
        Yes he comes with baggae, we all know that, and he is somewhat of a risk...BUT, if you hit on him, again, like Davis, you would be getting a first-round calibur talent in the third round...I also know Florida players have huge respect for Buster Davis, and he and Marcus Thomas have grown up competing against one another. Davis will provide a perfect example and have leverage to help keep Thomas in line....and again, if all goes well, Thomas could legitimately start come September for the Broncos. Not many (if any) other DT's in this Draft can say that.


        3.) #86 FS Josh Gattis, Wake Forest 6'1"-208
        I don't believe that Safety is as desparate a need as some seem to think. That said, it would be ideal to get a youngster to greoom behind Nick Ferguson this year, so that you are not trying to pick up two Safeties after this season.
        Gattis was one of the Leaders of a very good, actually historically good Wake Forest Defense last year and is a player who I think will get even bettter as a Pro.

        6.) (From Det) WR MarQuay McDaniel, Hampton 5'11"-202
        McDaniel is a true sleeper that would be a very interesting prospect and could stick due to his return skills.

        6.) C/G Kasey Studdard, Texas 6'2"-305
        A tough local kid that Shanahan is very aware of. Shanahan also coached when his Dad, Dave Studdard, was a player for the Broncos.
        Studdard is a tough, gritty player that could fit the Broncos as another possibility at Center, and as a potential contributor at RG.

        7.) RB Alonzo Coleman, Hampton 5'11"-202
        An interesting scat-back type RB...he will have a punchers chance due to his versatility of making the team come training camp.

        Well, as they say, we'll see how it goes...

        Get over yourself!
        Last edited by stnzed; 04-27-2007, 09:18 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DenBronx
          spencer at #10??? are you out of your mind?
          He said Spencer at 21.

          and he also said Okoye and Anderson are the only players worth selecting if moving up to #10.

          Frankly, I'd be satisfied with that draft, though I'm wary of Buster Davis, and I think moving D.J. to the Mike position eliminates the need for an ILB anyway. I'd rather have Brandon Siler if he were available if we did go ILB.

          As for the safety pick, Gattis or Sabby Piscatelli from Oregon State sounds good to me.

          If I had to say who I'd rather have in the second round, it'd be the best DT/DE available for that value.

          1.) Charles Johnson DE
          2.) Victor Adiamiri DE
          3.) Paul Soliai DT

          In that order, the more quality bodies at DT/DE, the better. While we obviously need more talent at these positions, we aren't exactly spring chickens there either (Lang and Ekuban are in thier 30's), Warren is 29 and we have Alvin McKinley? starting? yuck.
          sigpic

          :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

          D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

          :logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lorcust
            He said Spencer at 21.

            and he also said Okoye and Anderson are the only players worth selecting if moving up to #10.

            Frankly, I'd be satisfied with that draft, though I'm wary of Buster Davis, and I think moving D.J. to the Mike position eliminates the need for an ILB anyway. I'd rather have Brandon Siler if he were available if we did go ILB.

            As for the safety pick, Gattis or Sabby Piscatelli from Oregon State sounds good to me.

            If I had to say who I'd rather have in the second round, it'd be the best DT/DE available for that value.

            1.) Charles Johnson DE
            2.) Victor Adiamiri DE
            3.) Paul Soliai DT

            In that order, the more quality bodies at DT/DE, the better. While we obviously need more talent at these positions, we aren't exactly spring chickens there either (Lang and Ekuban are in thier 30's), Warren is 29 and we have Alvin McKinley? starting? yuck.


            no one was supposed to catch that i had edited it before you posted this. i read it wrong.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DenBronx
              no one was supposed to catch that i had edited it before you posted this. i read it wrong.
              I see everything.
              sigpic

              :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

              D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

              :logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lorcust
                I see everything.

                how many fingers am i holding up?
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DenBronx
                  how many fingers am i holding up?
                  As many as I want you to.

                  8.
                  sigpic

                  :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

                  D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

                  :logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We'll be straight screwed very soon at the most important position on the offensive line...

                    Maybe we should think about protecting that investment of last years draft.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stnzed
                      Get over yourself!
                      well said... well said.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kcarr26
                        well said... well said.

                        He's lucky we even read a post that freakin long!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I was thinking the same thing!

                          Especially with it all botched up together
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            love your day 1...

                            it would definitley get my hopes WAY up going into day 2


                            only to be very sad on sunday.


                            "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by stnzed
                              He's lucky we even read a post that freakin long!

                              But you did anyway, didn't you....hehehe

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X