Browns shopping Braylon Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns shopping Braylon Edwards

Dont shoot the messanger. But am I reading this right? The Browns are in talks to trade Edwards for the #7th overall pick?

http://nfl-rumors.aolsportsblog.com/

Rumor Alert: Browns Shopping Braylon Edwards
    Posted Apr 27th 2007 10:28PM by JJ Cooper
    Filed under: Browns, AFC North, NFL Rumors

Buried on the second page of Tony Grossi's draft notes is this intriguing tidbit: the Browns are supposedly shopping wide receiver Braylon Edwards to see what they could get for him.

Pro Football Talk takes the rumor a step further saying that the Browns were talking to the Vikings about sending Edwards to the Vikings for the No. 7 pick, with the Browns kicking in a third-round pick to make it even.

If that's the case, the Browns would be announcing that they blew it by taking Edwards--he was the third pick in the 2005 draft, so swapping a third-rounder and him for the No. 7 pick is a clear case of taking less than what you spent for him. And beyond that, Calvin Johnson will be gone when the Browns pick at No. 3, so dealing away Edwards would mean that the team's counting on Joe Jurevicius, Josh Cribbs and Travis Wilson and later-round draft picks, which seems like a lot of No. 2 and No. 3 receivers without a true No. 1.

Continue Reading Rumor Alert: Browns Shopping Braylon EdwardsPermalink | Email this | Comments [0]

Titans Trying to Trade For Mike Williams Too
    Posted Apr 27th 2007 10:03PM by JJ Cooper
    Filed under: Titans, AFC South, NFL Rumors

The Titans may work a draft day deal for Chargers running back Michael Turner, but he's not the only deal they're working on.

According to the Tennessean, the Titans are talking to the Lions about a deal for disappointing wide receiver Mike Williams. It's hard to say that Williams would solve the team's wide receiver problems, but if he can be had for a conditional pick I guess there would be no harm in bringing him in. But with the way he's eaten himself out of the Lions receiver rotation, he could just as easily help out at tight end as he could at receiver unless he goes on a diet (I'm kidding, he might be big enough, but he's not enough of a blocker to play tight end).

In case you're wondering Williams caught eight passes for 99 yards last year, which is a nice game for a good receiver.
    sigpic

Good riddance!!!

The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

wow thats surprising... they'll probably trade down that #7 spot and take Dwayne Jarrett

Comment

OMG We gotta get him!

Can someone make me a Braylon Edwards sig?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
          Can someone make me a Braylon Edwards sig?
          MikeBellNumba20 where you at?

Comment

I wonder what they want for him.
            "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
              I wonder what they want for him.
              Pro Football Talk takes the rumor a step further saying that the Browns were talking to the Vikings about sending Edwards to the Vikings for the No. 7 pick, with the Browns kicking in a third-round pick to make it even.
              You read it all?

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                MikeBellNumba20 where you at?

I freakin miss Numba!

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                  I freakin miss Numba!
                  Like omg guys i think were for real

he provided great comic relief.

Moreso than my wall in my humble opinion

Comment

If the browns got the #7 overall for Braylon... pure steal....

#3 Overall: OT Joe Thomas
                    #7 Overall: QB Brady Quinn
                    #36 Overall: WR (Dwayne Jarrett, Robert Meachem or Sidney Rice)
                    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Braylon for the #7 overall and at the cost of the third would be an absolute steal for the Browns.

Team could get Thomas at #3 and if Quinn is available at #7 nab him.

Then in the 3rd select the best WR available!!!

Killer steal for the Browns. Hope it happens. Really, really, really hope it happens

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust

More along the lines of highway robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust

lol

beat me

Comment

Is this the first of two potential flops at WR by Michigan?...(Steve Breaston-- but I think he'll be alright.. as a KR/PR)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26
                              Is this the first of two potential flops at WR by Michigan?...(Steve Breaston-- but I think he'll be alright.. as a KR/PR)

Ever heard of David Terrell?

Comment

Working...
                              X