X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders shopping 1st Pick to Browns

Looks like Cleveland really wants Russell, Oakland's price is too steep\

Adam Schefter reports
    NEW YORK (April 28, 2007) -- Oakland is sitting on two of the potentially biggest draft-day developments.

For starters, the Raiders have been calling New England, trying to engineer a trade for Randy Moss. The Patriots are interested and have offered a second-day pick for Moss. Raiders owner Al Davis shot down the Patriots' offer, believing he can get more. The two sides continue talking, hoping to hammer out a trade that seems less likely today than it did yesterday.

But New England has an advantage other teams don't. Any team that wants to trade for Moss will have to rework his contract, which calls for him to make $9.75 million this season. The Raiders even have asked Moss to restructure his contract -- the wide receiver has refused, challenging Oakland. But Moss is willing to redo his contract for the Patriots, a team the wide receiver believes can win the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl, at this point, is Moss' motivation in going to play for the Patriots.

As it stands now, it looks like it could be difficult to trade Moss this weekend. But the talks are ongoing and active, and they bear monitoring.

The other big development regarding the Raiders is the talks they've had in regards to their No. 1 overall pick. The team making a push to move up to No. 1 is the Cleveland Browns. But in exchange for the pick that put the Browns in position to draft LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the Raiders are demanding a first-, second- and third-round pick, and another first-round pick next year. At those terms, the Browns will pass on the deal, but they will continue to monitor the situation in the hopes they can pull off the trade.
    sigpic

The Patriots with Moss would be rather scarey. It would certainly be the last piece to their offensive puzzle.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Smart play by the Raiders.

At 3, they will still get Russell, they will have to pay him less, plus they'll get some extra picks.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
        Smart play by the Raiders.

At 3, they will still get Russell, they will have to pay him less, plus they'll get some extra picks.
        Cleveland really wants Russell, must be the Faiders want Quinn
        sigpic

Comment

michael smith just said that the raiders will take russell with the 1st pick
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
            Wow, surprising to me.

Oh those crazy Raiders. Maybe they really wanted Quinn all along? =p

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Damn... Patriots with Moss, Maroney will be in his second year and Ben Watson a starter full time- complete with Mr. Tom Brady is one scary offense

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                And that one guy they keep interviewing from the Raiders FO (Ed something) said that the rumor is false, and they are still undecided.

That there is a 20% chance a trade could happen, the Browns the only mentioned trading partner.

I doubt it happens, but Russell isn't a Raider yet.
                sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Working...
                X