Why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why???

why did we pass on ryan khalil!?!?!? tom nalen is incredibly old and we need a center for the future. he was supposed to go mid first round and we didnt take him. instead we take ANOTHER DE?!?!? WHY???????????
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Our DL sucks....

Comment

Because we have Hamilton (who is really a center), Myers and Eslinger. We need depth at OT not C.
      My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

WE HAVE ENOUGH DEs!!!
        @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

Ryan Kalil will fall. Rememeber Greg Eslinger? How does the winner of best lineman of the country get to the 6th round? Explain that.

Comment

Originally posted by mb3playa
            WE HAVE ENOUGH DEs!!!
            We didn't have enough talented DEs. Quality (hopefully) over quantity.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

EXPLAIN THIS:
              every year denver decides to draft 10000000000 people of the same position in hopes that one of the will be goood. like last year it was recievers, the year before corners
              @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

EXPLAIN THIS:
                every year denver decides to draft 10000000000 people of the same position in hopes that one of the will be goood. like last year it was recievers, the year before corners
                We drafted two receivers last year, one more for his kick return skills. I wouldn't say that was overloading that position.

A couple years back we did draft three cornerbacks but we were lacking in talent back there. If not for Williams' tragic death we would still have all three on the team and contributing. That worked out well, IMO. And it's kind of reminiscent of this year with our D-line. Outside of that, I don't believe the Broncos have a habit of overloading on a single position.

All that being said, I don't want any more DEs. I would be happy with a DT, though.
                ------

Comment

EXPLAIN THIS:
                  drafting is always a gamble...

no one really knows how anyone is going to turn out in the pros...

so by selecting 2 great players for a position of need the chance of getting a stud doubles...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
                    drafting is always a gamble...

no one really knows how anyone is going to turn out in the pros...

so by selecting 2 great players for a position of need the chance of getting a stud doubles...

No to mention, if they BOTH play really well then we've vastly improved our defense. D-line was our biggest weakness, IMO, and Shanny & Co. have at least made the effort to fix it.
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by jb_edson81
                      Because we have Hamilton (who is really a center), Myers and Eslinger. We need depth at OT not C.
                      We also could use Kalil at OG.If Eslinger was ready to get consistent playing time he wouldnt be in NFL Europe right now.

Comment

WE HAVE ENOUGH DEs!!!
                        Ekuban, Lang, Dumervil, Engelberger, Carlos Hall, and Kenny Peterson.

I tremble with fear.
                        sigpic

Comment

If you think about it, we have 4 quality players at the DE position and if utilized correctly can be kept fresh and more productive. Jim Bates knows what he's doing even though I would of rather have had Anthony Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
                            Our DL sucks....
                            Correction; Our DL sucked.
                            sigpic

Comment

Shannahan has neglected the D-line in the draft for several years (except for Dumervil). He has focused on other areas. The biggest glaring need for the Broncos was the D-line. I would like to see us take a Defensive tackle or maybe a linebacker just to put some young blood in to replace Al Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X