• Ryan Harris at #70 (Merged)

We got ryan harris
    sigpic

ryan harris

we took ryan harris

Comment

Ryan Harris

Wasn't he the on some MTV show a few years back? [/merge please]
      11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

We got OT Harris

I have no clue who he is

but glad to see not another DE
        sigpic

Comment

HORRIBLE PICK

omg I threw something at my TV

Comment

Good pick...
            sigpic

Check out my clothing company: Dayzend Apparel
            www.dayzend.net

Comment

Is he any good? Im not big on notre dame, but i will welcome him aboard if he can play

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
                HORRIBLE PICK

Why is it a bad pick?
                sigpic

Comment

I guess .................why no tank? or paul?..........trading for jenkins i hope......
                  Let's draft her....

Comment

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange

OVERVIEW
                    Who might know more about putting together a pro offense than former offensive coordinator of three Super Bowl winning New England Patriots teams and current Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis? Weis certainly feels that his current left tackle has what it takes to remain at this all-important position at the NFL level. "There aren't too many guys playing left tackle that are really left tackles in the eyes of pro guys," Weis said. "Left tackles are the guys that (need) the athleticism to handle an edge rusher by themselves, which is normally the blind side of a right-handed quarterback. There are guys playing left tackle (in college), but as soon as they get to the NFL, they go over to right tackle because they're more slug-it-out type of guys. Ryan Harris has the athleticism to play left tackle."

While scouts agree that Harris has the athleticism, his consistency is another matter. Harris sometimes relies too much on his quick feet, not using his hands or upper-body strength to punish defenders. Though he has started all four years at offensive tackle (three at left, one at right), there are still deficiencies to his game that generally are ironed out with experience. Harris seems to have all of the tools needed to become a standout and thus he is still highly regarded by many. Other scouts question why his play hasn't leveled out yet and feel he's best suited to guard at the next level.

ANALYSIS
                    Positives: Looks the part … Broad-shouldered big man who holds his 295 pounds well … Good initial quickness off the snap … Eases out of his stance into pass protection … Shows good overall foot quickness and balance … Good use of hand punch to initially stun the defender and sustain blocks … Good lateral quickness when pulling and can hit the moving target when blocking on the run … Athleticism, especially in this area, is one of the key reasons some scouts view Harris as a potential left guard … Durable performer … Four-year starter.

Negatives: Good quickness and positioning, but only marginal overall explosion or physicality to his overall play … Can be walked back to the quarterback when overpowered … Average straight-ahead run blocker … Has struggled in pass protection when pitted against speed rushers with legitimate rush moves … UCLA tandem of Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis gave him plenty of trouble by bursting upfield and spinning back inside.

HIGH SCHOOL
                    Cretin-Derham High School in St. Paul, Minn. … A USA Today first-team All-American … Ranked second on the Detroit Free-Press 20-player "Best of the Midwest" squad … Rated 51st on ESPN's list of the nation's top 100 players … Named to the 10-member Super Preps team by the Minneapolis Star-Tribune … A 2002 Old Spice Red Zone All-American … All-state and all-metro in both 2001 and 2002 … Did not allow a sack either of his final two seasons … A three-year starter on both the offensive and defensive lines, helping his team go 10-2 in 2002 and reach the state quarterfinals … Helped his team post a 23-3 combined record in 2000 and 2001 … Made 46 tackles and 11 sacks in 2002 at defensive tackle … Played in the U.S. Army All-America game in San Antonio … Also was an all-conference wrestler, lettering two years … A member of National Honor Society and student council co-president as a senior … A member of Junior ROTC … Part of St. Paul Mayor Randy Kelly's Youth Advisory Board … From the same high school as current Irish tight end Marcus Freeman, fullback Rashon Powers-Neal and former Notre Dame baseball All-America pitcher J.P. Gagne (`03) … Former Miami Hurricane and Chicago Bears quarterback Steve Walsh, current Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke and baseball's 2001 No. 1 draft pick, Joe Mauer (now of the Minnesota Twins), also went to Cretin-Derham Hall.

PERSONAL
                    Full name is Ryan Emerson Wilcox Harris … One of three children for Kathleen and Kevin Harris … Father Kevin played football at Wisconsin-Stout … Born March 11, 1985, in Minneapolis … Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters with a major in economics and political science
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

quincy black gets picked and i'm in a foul mood, then we pick up ryan harris, i'm not going to sleep well tonight

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
                        HORRIBLE PICK

we needed depth at OT and i am happy ...
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

projected to go middle of the 5th...great pick lol

Comment

We def. need depth at OT

Comment

Now I remember it, I think it was a True Life episode or something.

He kept saying "Hey, when we gon' eat?"
                              11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Working...
                              X