The big question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big question

We traded our 21 and our later 3rd to move up and select Jarvis Moss. With our 2nd round pick we selected Tim Crowder. Now would you have put in the 2nd round pick to get a talent like Okoye or Willis? I think it would have been worth it IMO.

Originally posted by BSmitty7
    We traded our 21 and our later 3rd to move up and select Jarvis Moss. With our 2nd round pick we selected Tim Crowder. Now would you have put in the 2nd round pick to get a talent like Okoye or Willis? I think it would have been worth it IMO.
    Yeah why get 2 average DEs when we could of combined the picks to get a top play maker.

Comment

Whose to say that trade wasn't attempted? I believe that at some point no player is worth x number of draft picks. Remember Ricky Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Q-niverse
        Whose to say that trade wasn't attempted? I believe that at some point no player is worth x number of draft picks. Remember Ricky Williams.
        remember Jay Cutler

Comment

I think if both the ends pan out we will have our bookends for years to come and you guys will stop complaining and hearing jokes about our Browncos

Elvis, Moss, Crowder and someone to come (in the future) wrecking havoc in Bates D oh my sounds ok to me... I just hope they all pan out good enough

Moss imo is a very good fit for our D, I just pray he pans out
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13
            Yeah why get 2 average DEs when we could of combined the picks to get a top play maker.

Can I borrow that crystal ball when your done

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

remember Jay Cutler

remember adam carriker?

boy im one bitter sap today
              sigpic

Comment

remember Jay Cutler
                I think giving away that many draft picks for a QB like Cutler is a whole lot different than for a Pass rusher when there is quality to be had a few picks later.

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
                  remember adam carriker?
                  he hasn't even played in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
                    I think if both the ends pan out we will have our bookends for years to come and you guys will stop complaining and hearing jokes about our Browncos

Elvis, Moss, Crowder and someone to come (in the future) wrecking havoc in Bates D oh my sounds ok to me... I just hope they all pan out good enough

and we have Ekuban as well, who will show up and lead the D-Line next year

Comment

Nor has Okoye or Willis

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo

But then we're going to need a HUGE space-eating run-stopping pocket-penetrating DT.

Comment

Originally posted by Q-niverse
                          Nor has Okoye or Willis
                          I can't tell how Okoye will fair in the NFL though he has such a big upside and can be very dominant in upcoming years, but I DO know Patrick Willis will be a complete beast from day 1.

Comment

we had to pick 2 DE's to do what carriker could have done. carriker was the most versatile DE this year. he can apply pressure to the qb, stuff the run AND play all 4 downs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                              But then we're going to need a HUGE space-eating run-stopping pocket-penetrating DT.
                              I believe that as well. Especially if DJ is going to make the transistion from OLB to MLB he's going to need some help his first year. I say we draft an OLB next, then we draft a HUGE DT just like Jim Bates loves.

Comment

Working...
                              X