Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakland Called Denver/Moss to New England (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland Called Denver/Moss to New England (Merged)

Raiders | Called Denver about possible Moss deal
    Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:42:15 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Oakland Raiders are so eager to ship away WR Randy Moss they called the Denver Broncos about possibly working out a trade. The Broncos and Raiders have been at odds since Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan was fired by Al Davis and Davis shorted him several hundred thousand dollars in pay. While a call was placed, don't expect a deal between the two to be worked out.

The NFL Network and Adam Schefter just reported that the Patriots worked out a deal sending Randy Moss to New England for a 4th round pick.

I would have liked Moss for a 4th round pick. But they probably asked for at least a 3rd from Denver.

Now they only have Jerry Porter, Mike Williams, and Ronald Curry. Hardly a scary receiving corps.

Comment

Well, we're really going to need that pass rush now. Its also a good thing we now have good corners.

Comment

for a 4th rounder

pass i dont want to see the broncos pay him 20 mil over the next 2 years. he would have restructured but it still would have been pricey. im glad he is out of the afc. plus id rather see what marshal can do in his 2nd year.

moss will be scary with tom brady though!
        sigpic

Comment

The Patriots are going to get Moss for a 4th?

Patriots are owning this draft, they'll have two first round picks again next year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Oakland Raiders are so eager to ship away WR Randy Moss they called the Denver Broncos about possibly working out a trade. The Broncos and Raiders have been at odds since Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan was fired by Al Davis and Davis shorted him several hundred thousand dollars in pay. While a call was placed, don't expect a deal between the two to be worked out.

The NFL Network and Adam Schefter just reported that the Patriots worked out a deal sending Randy Moss to New England for a 4th round pick.
            Let's hope Clayton and Schefter are right. I don't want Moss in Denver interfering with the team chemistry or the development of Jay. I guess Moss isn't appeased by the selection of Russell by the Raiders. I can't imagine that the Faiders are so down on Moss that they want to get rid of him now that they have a QB that can get him the ball. He must be the one pushing to get out. Just as well, it'll only make that much easier to beat the Faiders twice with Moss gone.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Hm, And once again Peterson is no where to be found in the negotiations
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

moss is yesterdays news. He is over just like warren sapp is.
                Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

whats with these teams???

det giving up mike williams (who i think will not be a bust) and josh mcgown for a 4th.

oakland giving up randy moss for a 4th.

this is freaking redicilous, we should call jacksonville and see if maybe we can get matt jones for a 5th.

is there something special going down in rd 4. i just dont understand why people are giving up so much for a 4th.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Yeah, that's insane. Moss is a better receiver than Branch was, and the Pats got a first for him.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

The raider called US about Randy Moss

-i know the raiders are dumb, but if they would have traded him in the division....wow

Comment

After asking about compensation for Moss, Al Davis asked Shanahan if his refrigerator was running. Shanahan, checking his Sears product, said it was indeed running, to which Al Davis replied, "Well go catch it, because Randy Moss won't be catching it or anything for you, dumbass."

And that ended THAT deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                          After asking about compensation for Moss, Al Davis asked Shanahan if his refrigerator was running. Shanahan, checking his Sears product, said it was indeed running, to which Al Davis replied, "Well go catch it, because Randy Moss won't be catching it or anything for you, dumbass."

And that ended THAT deal.
                          Randy Moss is a lazy diva, who's best years are behind him.

Comment

Ha, right. His skills have diminished over the last 3 years, and he was to big of a salary hit. To bad. I like Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by ColtsOwnYall
                              Randy Moss is a lazy diva, who's best years are behind him.
                              You better hope so for your sake.

Comment

Working...
                              X