Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakland Called Denver/Moss to New England (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenBronx
    for a 4th rounder

pass i dont want to see the broncos pay him 20 mil over the next 2 years. he would have restructured but it still would have been pricey. im glad he is out of the afc. plus id rather see what marshal can do in his 2nd year.

moss will be scary with tom brady though!
    I wouldn't want moss, either. But you mean at least he's out of the west, right? The pats are in the afc last I checked.
    "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Thank God a deal was never worked out between us. I do not want the cancer on my team

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaught
        moss is yesterdays news. He is over just like warren sapp is.
        Yeah, poor washed up Sapp. All he had was 10 sacks in 14 games last year. What a has been.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
          Yeah, poor washed up Sapp. All he had was 10 sacks in 14 games last year. What a has been.
          Against the 2nd team scrubs that usually mopped up the Raiders last year.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Transcript of the proposed Moss transaction...

Al Davis "Hey Mike. Long time no talkie. How's the family? ... Hey, I was curious, can I poop in your Cheerios again? Yeah, that's right, I want to heap Randy Moss on you and actually get something of value in return. ... No, I'm serious ... Mike? Mike?<silence>"

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
              Against the 2nd team scrubs that usually mopped up the Raiders last year.
              Stats, please.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                whats with these teams???

det giving up mike williams (who i think will not be a bust) and josh mcgown for a 4th.

oakland giving up randy moss for a 4th.

this is freaking redicilous, we should call jacksonville and see if maybe we can get matt jones for a 5th.

is there something special going down in rd 4. i just dont understand why people are giving up so much for a 4th.
                It has to do with Kiffin. Moss was opposing Kiffin, so Kiffin somehow convinced Al that getting him out of the team would be good for Oakland. For the most part, Al Davis makes it easy for his coaches to get disrespected by players, because he doesn't give them the authority to cut players. That was very evident with Art Shell. Thankfully, Al's wisened up, at least in this case.

Problem with Davis is he seems to put a premium on talent, not character, and that's why he didn't want to let a superstar like Moss go, even with his destructive attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                  After asking about compensation for Moss, Al Davis asked Shanahan if his refrigerator was running. Shanahan, checking his Sears product, said it was indeed running, to which Al Davis replied, "Well go catch it, because Randy Moss won't be catching it or anything for you, dumbass."

And that ended THAT deal.

The only problem with that..

Is that you left out an ellipsus between each word as Al Davis had to reach for his oxygen tank!
                  sigpic

Comment

I really find it hard to believe that oakland tried working out a deal with denver. Im really curious to know if davis and shannahan actually spoke to eachother... or maybe it was kiffin/shannahan.... im really curious to know who spoke to who.
                    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                      Randy Moss already REJECTED the proposed trade to the Packers because he WOULD NOT REWORK his numbers! The packers were going to send their backup QB Aaron Rodgers to the Faders for Randy Moss. That would have enabled the Fade to take Calvin Johnson.

Personally I don't care if Randy Moss gets back to the old Randy Moss. He's still the vicious thug who ran over a meter-maid and has an ego the size of Montana.

How long before he starts causing problems on the Patriots, just like T.O. did with the Eagles? They just can't help it! Randy Moss has all the talent in the world but he only works when he feels like it. Period.

Well, Belichek probably figures he can get a full season out of Moss before he gets back to his old rotten ways, just the way T.O. behaved for a season in Philly before he started all the off-the-filed crap with McNabb that got him sent packing.

Belichek may well be right. If Moss totally dedicates himself to football this season and doesn't cause any distractions he'll be worth the 4th round pick (late 4th round almost 5th round remember), it might just be enough to give the Pats another SB.

They have to be favored to win it all right now. If they had Randy Moss last year in the Colts game they, not Peyton Manning would have won the SB.
                      Pretty much agree with everything here. Sure glad Denver didn't get him. And I heard he was only willing to re-structure his contract if he's taken by a team that can get him a superbowl, thus the Pats. What is it with all these "pros" who want to get the championship the easy way? Heck, Elway never said, "put me in the niners so I can win a superbowl". He helped his team win it, he didn't just hitch a ride with another surefire superbowl team.

Comment

Originally posted by omac
                        Pretty much agree with everything here. Sure glad Denver didn't get him. And I heard he was only willing to re-structure his contract if he's taken by a team that can get him a superbowl, thus the Pats. What is it with all these "pros" who want to get the championship the easy way? Heck, Elway never said, "put me in the niners so I can win a superbowl". He helped his team win it, he didn't just hitch a ride with another surefire superbowl team.
                        Good post. CP comin' your way.
                        "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
                          Good post. CP comin' your way.
                          Thanks man.

I'm just so tired of hearing of these prima donna athletes who get paid millions, yet only perform when they want to.

During the draft, I forgot which team it was ... maybe the Browns or the Raiders, but not sure. They were choosing players with a big focus on their interviews, not just their talent; they wanted to see who really LOVED the game of football. These are the players who make the league special.

Comment

Working...
                          X