Broncos Got Marcus Thomas DT Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Got Marcus Thomas DT Florida!

The Denver Broncos just traded up into the 4th round and selected DT Marcus Thomas from Florida! WHOOHOOO

Yay Thomas A Bronco

WOOOHOOO

Now we just gotta hope he pans out
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Whatd we give up to move on him?
        sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

YES!!! Great Move!!! What did we give up???

Comment

Wow you people are fast. I was just about to get on and say that. YEA Marcus Thomas. For all you people that wanted a DT there you go!!!
            President Cool

Comment

You are quick there sir... Did anyone catch the terms of the trade, I just saw the pick... I like the big body.

Marcus Thomas
              DT | (6'2", 314, 4.97) | FLORIDA

Scouts Grade: 70

Flags: (C: CHARACTER) Problems on and off the field(D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy Selected by: Denver Broncos
              Round: 4
              Pick (Overall): 22(121)
              View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
              You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Explosive one-gap defensive tackle prospect. Possesses adequate-to-good height and the frame to continue to add bulk. Displays very good initial quickness and top-end speed for the position. Very mobile and active interior defender. Wins most battles with first-step quickness. Does a fine job of locating the ball once in the backfield. Shows outstanding change of direction skills and makes more plays in pursuit than most DT's at this level. He displays a powerful upper body. Is a productive pass rusher because of his initial burst and he can become even more effective with improved technique. He's quick and effective on stunts and twists. Displays the ability to collapse the pocket as a bull rusher. He also can contribute on special teams -- he blocked one field goal attempt and one extra point attempt in 2005.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal size. He displays explosive initial power but lacks the wide base to consistently anchor versus the run. He will never be a good fit in a two-gap scheme. His motor runs hot and cold. Has some trouble getting off of blocks and must learn to do a better job with his hands. Also needs to add more pass rush moves to his repertoire. Struggles once reached as a pass rusher and also gets frustrated by the double team. Durability is somewhat of a concern after hernia surgery in April, 2006.

Overall: Thomas saw action in 12 games (two starts) as a true freshman in 2003, missed the LSU game with an ankle sprain, and finished the season with 47 total tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks. In 2004, he started all 12 games at defensive tackle making 39 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, and 4.5 sacks. Thomas again started all 12 games during the 2005 season, recording 45 total tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles, and two blocked kicks. In 2006, Thomas was dismissed from the Florida football team for "failing to meet responsibilities and obligations" just one month after he was reinstated from a two-game suspension due to a failed drug test (marijuana). He started four of the five games he played in last season and finished with 26 total tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, and four sacks.
              Thomas is a disruptive interior defender with an outstanding blend of first-step quickness and power. He was playing the best football of his career prior to being kicked off the Florida football team eight games into his senior season. In fact, it was our opinion that Thomas had emerged as the top overall defensive tackle prospect in the 2007 senior class at midseason. However, it would come as no surprise if Thomas' off-the-field problems caused him to freefall to the second day of the draft. Thomas' durability issues and an inconsistent motor could also turn some teams off.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Comment

Man, I don't know how many more Gators I can stand. This is painful to a Georgia fan.

Comment

That was so weird, right when I turned on my TV we traded for the pick so I was like cool, we should get Marcus Thomas if he is still on the board. 10 seconds later we got him.

Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
                  I'm a BroncoForLife!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoForLife27
                    That was so weird, right when I turned on my TV we traded for the pick so I was like cool, we should get Marcus Thomas if he is still on the board. 10 seconds later we got him.

Same thing with me I just came outta shower an turned on tv
                    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Im a gator alum! so this rules.

however we gave up our 6th, 7th and our 3rd next year to move up

Comment

Im ecstatic. I now give Denver an A on this draft class. Enormous value for the 4th round...easily worth the risk in trading to get him here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                          Man, I don't know how many more Gators I can stand. This is painful to a Georgia fan.

well now they are broncos so you will live.

as for thomas can someone please post his bio?

anyone watch this guy? please give us some info on him.

good trade by the broncos. i would imagine it was our 6th and 7th, which is fine with me to reach for a quality player. OUR D LINE WILL BE FINE PEEPS!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                            I hear ya! No LSU players represented on the BRONCOS. But I can look beyond this as long as those Gators help the BRONCOS.

Comment

lol i just woke up turned the tv on and we were selecting him... great for us... man how did we get back in the fourth ... good selection although he does come with red flags
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X