Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by orangecrushfevr
    OVERVIEW
    Marcus seriously considered leaving school early to enter the NFL Draft after the 2005 season, but wanted to return and play for the Gators, who went on to win the national championship with one of their best players watching the game at home.

Thomas was a Super Prep All-American selection at Mandarin High School. He was also considered among the state's top two defensive linemen by that publication. He was rated the sixth-best defensive tackle in the country and the top defensive lineman in the state of Florida by Rivals.com

With the kind of environement Thomas is moving into i believe that he will turn out to be this type of player for the Broncos and become a perenial All Pro.

As for J. Moss he is a solid Warrior. Temporarely set back with a pelvic injury in high school then reaccuring in the first part of his collegiate career. He has proven himself to not be a quiter and have a solid work ethic in the offseason to earn himself a starting role on a tough college team his junior year to help them win the Championship.

I can't wait to see these guys develop and produce for our team. It is good to be a broncos fan.
    I will say I was a little skeptical about Moss and then really skeptical about Marcus but I have decided Shannahan has gotten it right the last couple years and deserves my trust. On top of that hearing things like this make me think Shannahan grabbed a gem in a time where in previous years a guy like this would have been forgiven and drafted much earlier. But because of this new atmosphere of caution with any guy, with even minor character flaws, I thinkwe got a steal who is gonna work hard because of his mistakes and will be cheap for us.

Comment

• who's your daddy!!

Harris did not allow any quarterback sacks as a junior and senior. He started three seasons on both the offensive and defensive lines, helping his team go 10-2 in 2002 and reach the state quarterfinals. He made 46 tackles and 11 sacks in 2002 at defensive tackle and led the team to a 23-3 combined record in 2000 and 2001. He was an All-Conference wrestler, lettering two years on the mat. He was also a member of National Honor Society and served as student council co-president as a senior. He was a member of Junior ROTC and part of St. Paul mayor Randy Kelly's Youth Advisory Board.

This is also impressive to me. Not only has Head Coach C. Weis stated that he is one of the best pure left tackles in the collegiate rankings he also has experience on both sides of the ball. Not as a db or lb but a defensive lineman, so that tells me that he is going to have a better understanding on how a defensive lineman thinks. Also, he lettered two years on the mat which tells me that he would have great hand eye coordination, pretty quick feet has patience and is a thinker. Speaking of a thinker he was a member of the National Honor Society. Disciplened from ROTC which might not say much but i have known i few people whos lives have made a dramatic change for the better through these kinds of programs.

They said that one of his downsides is that he is a little small but, that is the Broncos forte. There where not many downsides to this guy.

Have to give it up for Shanahan and his crew.

Comment

• atmosphere

Originally posted by mwjr
        But he tested positive once.

Then he tested positive....again.

Even if it's not a character issue, per se, wouldn't you say it indicates, at the very least, a not-very-bright individual??

LOL Being transparent, i use to smoke the J, but i started hanging around different POSITIVE individuals that placed me in a better atmosphere, my life had changed and turned around. Glory to God.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcarr26
          skeptics... or Critics?

Either way, I'm obligated to now give you CP.

The Mastermind continues to go to work.

Critics would have been accurate, nonetheless, at this very early stage it looks like Shanahan came up with excellent slate of draft picks.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by mwjr
            But he tested positive once.

Then he tested positive....again.

Even if it's not a character issue, per se, wouldn't you say it indicates, at the very least, a not-very-bright individual??
            No, I wouldnt say that at all. He had a positive test early when he was a freshman and then not until he was a senior. The 2 positive tests when he was a senior were from the same incident. And the guy is an anthropology major, so Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. Like I said before, I dont think many people pick anthropology as a major unless they are engaged. He's not taking socioliogy or some other common major you see athletes majoring in. At this point, Im only willing to say that he f*cked up over the summer and then underestimated how committed the school was to following through on his agreements( and some of those terms were rather strict). The impression I have is that he thought he was out of the woods and thought the school would look the other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
              I hear ya! No LSU players represented on the BRONCOS. But I can look beyond this as long as those Gators help the BRONCOS.

Cameron Vaughn went to LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
                Cameron Vaughn went to LSU.
                totally burned right there!

Comment

Working...
                X