No announcement yet.

Mayock Criticizes Denver's Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances are pretty good that a 6th and 7th woulden't have made the team anyway. Next years 3rd isen't really worth jack now, and it's not like we can't maneuver to make up for it. It'll hardly break next years draft.

When you consider that we were one "Gerard Warren" injury away from starting Antwon Burton/ Dmetrian Veal it was worth it.

Keep in mind that strong play in the middle will help out our 1st and 2nd round picks.

superchop, nice post. My sentiments exactly. :thumb:
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
      You both have valid points as to why to care/not care about the commentators.

No reason to MAKE it personal... you just have different opinions. Jared never claimed to be perfect or laid back.

*shrug*
      Fair enough. I probably laid it on kind of thick. I apologize. I wish I could say it wont happen again but Im a little tightly wound about certain things and this (or at least the way he came across) is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
        Hes pretty close to perfect though

in my opinion.
        Tnedator would be perfection then, right?
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
          Tnedator would be perfection then, right?
          Exactly

You nailed it right on the money.

Tnedator is always perfect.
          Except the other day he said to trade Mike Bell

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            He violated the contract he signed that stated he would be subjected to extensive testing, must attend rehab, and must stay away from his hometown. He violated that contract by returning to Jacksonville and skipping a rehab session. He was then booted from the team.
            Exactly, that was the part that many people on this forum weren't getting. He didn't get kicked off the team for smoking a joint.

After testing positive, he was suspended a game, and then the suspension was extended to six more or something. He appealed the suspension, they agreed to reduce it to two or so, and part of that by all accounts was signing that agreement, which he broke. I think he both broke it in terms of his rehab and he went to Jacksonville when he agreed not to. That is why he got kicked off the team.

He is saying all the right things about knowing he made mistakes, so hopefully he will simply be the player that 'could' have been a first rounder and produce for years to come.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lex
              Fair enough. I probably laid it on kind of thick. I apologize. I wish I could say it wont happen again but Im a little tightly wound about certain things and this (or at least the way he came across) is one of them.
              As long as you realize it and try. :thumb:

It was a very good point you made though, about us having listened to them these past days (weeks! Months!).

I hope Jared's right too though, and the on the field play over the next 3-10 years proves it to be a good draft.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                I could care less if the player smoked pot, illegal or not, however that is only a small part of what got him kicked off the team.

Brandon Merriweather got a one game suspension. Thomas was kicked off the team. Don't you think there might be a little more to this story than smoking a joint?

And I could care less about what you care less about.

I stated my opinion about Mayock, which was the point of your question, asking why I don't bring up EVERYTHING else bad in the World.

I told you. Now, you're twisting it into something else.

But I'll play. Urban Meyer runs a tigher ship than "The U". And I still believe what Merriewather did was far worse than what Moss/Thomas did.

I don't care about team rules. Here's why...What they did, they did to THEMSELVES. What Merriweather did, he did to OTHERS.

Disagree all you want, I was commenting on Mayock's hipocritical commentary, not on the actions of the players.

Where do I keep losing you? Am I typing to fast? I ' l l s l o w d o w n . . .

Comment

Originally posted by lex
                  Well when he is blowing up plays in the backfield, Im not sure many will be questioning the pick.
                  That's my point. From what I understand about Bates' system, the DT's aren't suppose to be blowing up plays in the back field. They're suppose to tie up blocker so the defensive ends and linebackers can blow up plays in the backfield. That's all I'm saying. I'm not questioning his ability in general, just how he fits the scheme.
                  Lway

Comment

I think we miss the real issue when we debate so much about what he did. He messed up badly for what appears to be one period of his life. He has apologized and gone out of his way to try and make up for it with multiple tests, a letter to fans, and staying clean since.

My focus is on how is he now. Everyone I have listened to that has spoken with Thomas has said that he was genuinely contrite. They have said that he seems to have really seen his error and vowed not to let it happen.

I'm glad he got suspended in college, or kicked off the team for that matter, he learned that football is a privilege and CAN be taken away from him. I'd rather him learn that lesson in college than in the pro's.

Thomas has seemed completely repentant of what happened, meaning he hasn't just read a statement of apology but he has turned around and gone back the right way. That's all we can ask for, there is nothing else he could do besides try up to this point and he has done that. The question is, is he really contrite? Has he really learned his lesson?

I haven't spoken to Marcus personally, so I can't say for sure. But, Shanny, Broncos scouts, and most of the media I've heard who HAVE spoken directly with him say that they feel that he really is contrite, and really has learned his lesson.

No need to hold the guy in the past when he's trying to create a better future.

As far as Jarvis Moss, his one time situation with pot makes him no different than Calvin Johnson, Amobi Okoye and Gaines Adams, who ALL admitted they have smoked pot. They haven't been red flagged, Jarvis was because he got caught. If we're going to include Moss in the "character" conversation, we all (Mike Mayock included) certainly need to include Johnson, Adams and Okoye as well.

Comment

WITH a little luck he will come in with an attitude a sure fire top 5 pick if he would have been a good boy this past season. He can work his way back to redemption with hard work and keeping his nose clean. A lot like poorti$$$ was pissed off because he was the 4th RB selected. He came in and proved alot of folks wrong. THEN HE got STUPID.

Hopefully this kid will prove alot of folks wrong and stay humble and hungry stay on the correct side and not cross over to the dark side like poorti$$$ did.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                        Hopefully this kid will prove alot of folks wrong and stay humble and hungry stay on the correct side and not cross over to the dark side like poorti$$$ did.
                        If not, we trade him and yeild 2 Pro Bowl caliber players from his trade value
                        sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                          And I could care less about what you care less about.

Where do I keep losing you? Am I typing to fast? I ' l l s l o w d o w n . . .
                          Glad to hear it.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Do I hear an E-fight getting ready to take place??

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                              Do I hear an E-fight getting ready to take place??
                              Nope, the mods have enough to do, which is why I didn't respond in the fashion I should have.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1177
                                The question I have deals less with off the field, and more with his ability on the field. I was just reading about him on ESPN Insider and they said he is a bit undersized but could be a beast in a one gap system, as he's a great penetrator.

Several times they say he couldn't be a two gap DT because he lacks ideal bulk and while he's got excellent initial quickness, he lacks the strength to anchor and sustain in a two gap system.

It seems to me that Bates' system demands more of a Pat Williams type than a Warren Sapp type, and from what I've read, this guy is more of a Warren Sapp type. That's the only reason I question the pick.

Only in the NFL could a guy weighing in at 300+ lbs. be undersized!
                                "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
                                - Mythbusters

"Go America... Go Broncos"
                                - Stan, South Park

I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.
                                - Me

God Bless the United States of America!

Comment

Working...
                                X