Mayock Criticizes Denver's Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laxstar263
    he needs to shut up if he was so god with player management he would be a GM.
    He is paid to have an opinion, and Mayock is very good at what he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by laxstar263
      he needs to shut up if he was so god with player management he would be a GM.
      He's been mentioned numerous times in the past year as a candidate for different GM openings..

Comment

• Originally posted by kangsta
        He's been mentioned numerous times in the past year as a candidate for different GM openings..
        Do you have a link that indicates which GM openings? I would be interested in reading those articles. I must have missed them the first time around.

Comment

• Mike Mayock is the best Draft expert I know he had Jay Cutler as his #1 QB of the 2006 Draft (and when we draft him, I told you all, we should start him and then you all went like: you want to go 0-16, what are you stupid!? Etc.).

And let me tell you something, I do believe Marcus Thomas worth the pick and he could be our best pick of the draft.

And our draft went to hell when we were unable to get Calvin Johnson. Because I think that was the Shanahan’s plan, draft Calvin Johnson. And then when he couldn’t, he ran out of ideas.

Nobody can tell me, that he’s completely happy with that draft, we lost one pick trading for a player who was going to be there anyway, we didn’t get CJ, our best player was a steal in the fourth round, we suck (in the draft).

I also must add, I wouldn’t delegate the responsibility of the draft to any other person than Mike Shanahan he brought Jay Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tour
            Mike Mayock is the best Draft expert I know he had Jay Cutler as his #1 QB of the 2006 Draft (and when we draft him, I told you all, we should start him and then you all went like: you want to go 0-16, what are you stupid!? Etc.).

And let me tell you something, I do believe Marcus Thomas worth the pick and he could be our best pick of the draft.

And our draft went to hell when we were unable to get Calvin Johnson. Because I think that was the Shanahan’s plan, draft Calvin Johnson. And then when he couldn’t, he ran out of ideas.

Nobody can tell me, that he’s completely happy with that draft, we lost one pick trading for a player who was going to be there anyway, we didn’t get CJ, our best player was a steal in the fourth round, we suck (in the draft).

I also must add, I wouldn’t delegate the responsibility of the draft to any other person than Mike Shanahan he brought Jay Cutler.
            I am confused. In the first and second paragraphs you contradict yourself. Mayock was against Denver's pick of Marcus Thomas.

In the third paragraph you say that Shanahan ran out of ideas and in the fourth you indicate dissatisfaction with Mike's picks except for Thomas. In the last paragraph, you back Shanahan's picks.

?

Which side are you arguing? What do you want to say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean
              I am confused. In the first and second paragraphs you contradict yourself. Mayock was against Denver's pick of Marcus Thomas.

In the third paragraph you say that Shanahan ran out of ideas and in the fourth you indicate dissatisfaction with Mike's picks except for Thomas. In the last paragraph, you back Shanahan's picks.

?

Which side are you arguing? What do you want to say?

Mayock is the best draft expert ever because he liked Cutler.

And Shanahan should run the draft forever because he drafted Cutler.

That's all that post is about.....

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed
                Mayock is the best draft expert ever because he liked Cutler.

And Shanahan should run the draft forever because he drafted Cutler.

That's all that post is about.....
                hahahahaha. You got it all wrong, pretty interesting way to put it, though. Hahahaha

First off, Mike Mayock has good eye for talent and his ranking most of the times are tremendously accurate, but also, he talks sometimes too much, too soon. (I did not see the segment when he made that statement about the Shanny’s drafting, but I bet you, he was asked to talk about that) obviously he didn’t want to bash Mike Shanahan, when he talk to Mike last year he told him: “I love the way you manipulated the draft to get Jay Cutler and get a pro-bowler receiver in the same day” so he respects him.

I think Mayock has a very good eye for talent, the people who hired him to work as the NFL Network Draft expert, believes that too.

I like Shanahan drafting because he’s very aggressive, very active, the things didn’t work out for him this year in the draft…

… What I’m trying to say, it’s that, it is what it is,

I like both Mikes but it doesn’t mean I have to love every single thing they do. For example: I didn’t want to get Jake Plummer involve in this, but for example; there was some people whom use to love Jake, now he’s a quitter, got to hate the quitter, and the person who brought him, got to love his replacement that has a lot of poise, the arm, got to love who brought his replacement, dah, you cant, that’s the same person. Nobody thought that Plummer’s career was going down at the end of the last season, (but a very small crowd and Shanny (apparently)).

My point is that I like Jay as some of you had blind faith in Jake, time will tell if I am wrong, thinking he’s a future legend.

It is what it is, Shanahan had a bad draft, but he’s good drafting (can’t win them all).

Mayock is the best draft expert ever, but he’s wrong about Thomas, because Jim Bates said: “Once Thomas has get use to the pro level he will be a starter for years and years to come”.

But everything I said is my opinion, it doesn’t have to be exactly as I just said. Is it?. But I have to believe I’m right because I have to believe I’m smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tour
                  hahahahaha. You got it all wrong, pretty interesting way to put it, though. Hahahaha

First off, Mike Mayock has good eye for talent and his ranking most of the times are tremendously accurate, but also, he talks sometimes too much, too soon. (I did not see the segment when he made that statement about the Shanny’s drafting, but I bet you, he was asked to talk about that) obviously he didn’t want to bash Mike Shanahan, when he talk to Mike last year he told him: “I love the way you manipulated the draft to get Jay Cutler and get a pro-bowler receiver in the same day” so he respects him.

I think Mayock has a very good eye for talent, the people who hired him to work as the NFL Network Draft expert, believes that too.

I like Shanahan drafting because he’s very aggressive, very active, the things didn’t work out for him this year in the draft…

… What I’m trying to say, it’s that, it is what it is,

I like both Mikes but it doesn’t mean I have to love every single thing they do. For example: I didn’t want to get Jake Plummer involve in this, but for example; there was some people whom use to love Jake, now he’s a quitter, got to hate the quitter, and the person who brought him, got to love his replacement that has a lot of poise, the arm, got to love who brought his replacement, dah, you cant, that’s the same person. Nobody thought that Plummer’s career was going down at the end of the last season, (but a very small crowd and Shanny (apparently)).

My point is that I like Jay as some of you had blind faith in Jake, time will tell if I am wrong, thinking he’s a future legend.

It is what it is, Shanahan had a bad draft, but he’s good drafting (can’t win them all).

Mayock is the best draft expert ever, but he’s wrong about Thomas, because Jim Bates said: “Once Thomas has get use to the pro level he will be a starter for years and years to come”.

But everything I said is my opinion, it doesn’t have to be exactly as I just said. Is it?. But I have to believe I’m right because I have to believe I’m smart.

I like your attitude!

Comment

Working...
                  X