UDFA Signing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Did some research on Marquay McDaniel and he's a clone of Rod Smith with more athleticism and less blocking skill.

Terrific route runner, good returner, leader, hard worker.

Read this:
    A multi-talented athlete, McDaniel made an impact on the school's record books and won/loss column ever since stepping on the field as a freshman. One of the top deep threats in the Division 1-AA, McDaniel has drawn comparisons to Carolina Panthers standout Steve Smith for his ability to stretch the field as a receiver, provide great field position as a punt returner and keep defenses honest with his ability to pick up yardage on the reverse.

Also, NFL.com is comparing him to Jerome Mathis... Maybe this could be our guy for KR.
    Thank for the info...I had no idea who he was, but now I'm excited to see how he does in Training Camp
    sigpic

Comment

Did some research on Marquay McDaniel and he's a clone of Rod Smith with more athleticism and less blocking skill.

Terrific route runner, good returner, leader, hard worker.

Read this:
      A multi-talented athlete, McDaniel made an impact on the school's record books and won/loss column ever since stepping on the field as a freshman. One of the top deep threats in the Division 1-AA, McDaniel has drawn comparisons to Carolina Panthers standout Steve Smith for his ability to stretch the field as a receiver, provide great field position as a punt returner and keep defenses honest with his ability to pick up yardage on the reverse.

Also, NFL.com is comparing him to Jerome Mathis... Maybe this could be our guy for KR.
      I wish he had breakaway speed though
      But This is good. Maybe he can be our guy to return kicks. I'm a fan of Hixon though

Comment

• Originally posted by JoRo
        The one thing that dissapoints me every year is we never take any of the UDFA I want... cept Bell last year and he practically had to say I WILL TRY AN SIGN WIT THEM FIRST!
        I usually get one guy that I want from UDFA...

2 years ago Browner, last year Bell...

This year I want Walter Thomas, Darius Walker, Ramonce Taylor, Gary Russell, Danny Ware, Willis Barringer, and the list pretty much goes on and on.

I love all our UDFA moves because it basically doesn't cost anything and your bound to find at least a solid special teams player year after year
        sigpic

Comment

I usually get one guy that I want from UDFA...

2 years ago Browner, last year Bell...

This year I want Walter Thomas, Darius Walker, Ramonce Taylor, Gary Russell, Danny Ware, Willis Barringer, and the list pretty much goes on and on.

I love all our UDFA moves because it basically doesn't cost anything and your bound to find at least a solid special teams player year after year
          What happened to Bowner, anyway?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Skywalker
            I think he is out of the Nfl

But I never heard what happened to him.
            I forgot about him.

and What ever happened to Hearst??

He just randomly left our team a while back

Comment

Got cut, like Corey Jackson (our supposed pass rush answer). I think Browner was cut because he was a ball hawk, but sucked at everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!

I forgot about him.

Hearst is MIA
                sigpic

Comment

I forgot about him.

Garrison Hearst had that injury that actually allowed us to land him in the first place from San Fran, I think it ended his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                    Got cut, like Corey Jackson (our supposed pass rush answer). I think Browner was cut because he was a ball hawk, but sucked at everything else.
                    Nah, Brandon was a hell of a player. I think the reason he got released was because he got injured and never got back to 100% health
                    sigpic

Comment

Aw

I liked him. We could certainly use a more ball-hawking safety anyway, but what use is it to have him be our starter if he sucks at everything else.

Thanks for the info Cinny
                      sigpic

Comment

Nah, Brandon was a hell of a player. I think the reason he got released was because he got injured and never got back to 100% health
                        I thought that was Duke?

Comment

Garrison Hearst had that injury that actually allowed us to land him in the first place from San Fran, I think it ended his career.
                          Yea I remember when we got him I was excited for some reason. And then I woke up one day and he was gone

That sounds bad but you know what I mean.

Comment

Yea I remember when we got him I was excited for some reason. And then I woke up one day and he was gone

That sounds bad but you know what I mean.
                            Actually, I would have never noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Now I think that's funny as hell
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought that was Duke?
                              Yeah, that was him too
                              sigpic

Comment

Actually, I would have never noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Now I think that's funny as hell
                                I know. After I typed that I went

I better make my point clear

Comment

Working...
                                X