Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Peters? (Merged)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WciMUUbigxY

I really hope we sign him before any other team. He just sounds like a real great guy and high motor saftey. Injury prone tho and not the fastest.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

hell yeah he will be good for us

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

His timed speed is not that great, but he has excellent game speed............

JOIN THE BANDWAGON!
      Let's draft her....

Comment

He reminds me of Troy Polamalu
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GodofallGods
          He reminds me of Troy Polamalu
          As a partial Saints fan(live here) the person he reminds me of most is Sammy Knight. Sammy Knight went Undrafted and had a lot of the same knocks and measurables as Peters: Pass coverage suspect, smaller school, slow 40 time(Sammy's was right around 4:80).

A quick google search brought me to a fan site thats last news article was from late MArch saying the Jets were intrested. The article seems suspect though becasue it said Manginni wouldnt let him slip past the fifth and would play either SS or Weak-side LB. But thats all the news ive found on him

Comment

Just came across this too:

Safety Leonard Peters didn't improve his 40 time all that much after a slow time at the combine, but revealed the reason why. He is coming back from an Achilles' heel injury he suffered just before the combine.

Peters was clocked at around 4.7 by one scout, meaning he might be a better fit as an outside linebacker than a safety in the NFL.

"Maybe not, though," a scout said. "A lot of people thought the same thing about Aaron Francisco (a Kahuku High school alumnus, like Peters) when he didn't time well, but he's turned out to be a great safety (for the Arizona Cardinals)."

Miano said the team that drafted him in 1985, the New York Jets, showed a special interest in Peters.

"(Head coach) Eric Mangini sat down with him, told him come to New York. They liked him on film. He improved his time, but he can still get faster," Miano said. "He's just now getting back to being healthy."
            http://starbulletin.com/2007/03/31/sports/story04.html

Seems that explains why he didnt get drafted, lots of injury problems and apparentlly even another one before the combine, which I would assume for a guy already projected late would push him to the bottom. To be optimistic there have been lots of guys with injury problems in college who rarelly or never have them again in the pros. Still, I love his character and intensity and hope we bring him in.

Comment

I love this guy. He plays extremely angry but he can control it. I would love this guy!!

Comment

Wow. Doesn't drink or smoke... I like that

Comment

I'll be pretty mad if we don't get him..because we already couldn't get John Wendling.

Comment

I think we stand a good chance. Most of all the good/decent safteys have been picked up my majority of the teams so that leaves us with Peters.

Comment

remember boys and girls its always safety first!
                      sigpic

Comment

I say the knocks on him is his injurys,his speed, and i realized he is 25 so hes going to be like a Mike Anderson imo if we got him. But we need a saftey and i think he would be great

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
                          I say the knocks on him is his injurys,his speed, and i realized he is 25 so hes going to be like a Mike Anderson imo if we got him. But we need a saftey and i think he would be great
                          his game speed is good, but his timed speed at the combine didn't show so well....

and 25 is better than john lynch's 35........
                          Let's draft her....

Comment

Leonard Peters

Signed with the Jets?

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...106834927.html

Comment

Let's draft her....

Comment

Working...
                              X