Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt years draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by socalorado1
    Funny! I figured you would be all for the Phillips pick!
    It not my mock really most 2008 mocks have these guys this early. I moved around some guys but i just wanted to put out some names for both next years draft and next years college season to watch for.
    Im all for winning the Super Bowl, if thats what you mean, but additionally, Id like to get Jake Long. Of all the players in college football next year, he is the guy who benefits us most. He is a guy who is brawny and athletic enough to excel in a more conventional blocking scheme as well as the zone blocking scheme,...in fact he has proven this when Michigan converted to a zone blocking schem last year. I was so thrilled when Michigan did this because it expanded our potential talent pool on the OLine tremendously. Michigan is kind of known for their Olinemen so its a huge plus.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by evendelae
      Haha, becaue Brodie Croyle is supernatural and will save the Chiefs from 5-11 and have a passer rating of 132.4

      Good luck with that. You would have taken Brady Quinn had he fallen, and you'd be talking about how he's better than Cutler at this very minute. Do us all a favor and stafoo.
      Wow, another Broncos fan shows there ignorance.

      They have no reason to believe Croyle won't be good yet they keep talking out there ass.

      And no, we would not have taken Quinn. In fact, we tried to trade down with Cleveland. We wanted there 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. They wanted to keep the 3rd round pick so they decided to trade with Dallas instead.
      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

      It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by kmartin575
        Wow, another Broncos fan shows there ignorance.
        Was it just me that found this very funny? Right, I'm showing my ignrance.

        Originally posted by kmartin575
        They have no reason to believe Croyle won't be good yet they keep talking out there ass.

        And no, we would not have taken Quinn. In fact, we tried to trade down with Cleveland. We wanted there 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. They wanted to keep the 3rd round pick so they decided to trade with Dallas instead.
        Most first round picks don't do well in their first season. It's just common sense to believe that Croyle won't either.


        RIP D-Will and Nash

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by lex
          Im all for winning the Super Bowl, if thats what you mean, but additionally, Id like to get Jake Long. Of all the players in college football next year, he is the guy who benefits us most. He is a guy who is brawny and athletic enough to excel in a more conventional blocking scheme as well as the zone blocking scheme,...in fact he has proven this when Michigan converted to a zone blocking schem last year. I was so thrilled when Michigan did this because it expanded our potential talent pool on the OLine tremendously. Michigan is kind of known for their Olinemen so its a huge plus.
          I have not heard much about him, but now i will be keeping an eye on him. Gotta love the teams that work the zone. Makes it easy to draft guys.

          For everyone else on this post....i took away the actual team list of where the player will go OK? It was just a freakin mock! If you dont want Brennan to go to the chefs fine! he wont go to the chefs! Its ok. Lets deal with the team needs in like 10 months... what do ya say?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by evendelae
            Was it just me that found this very funny? Right, I'm showing my ignrance.


            Most first round picks don't do well in their first season. It's just common sense to believe that Croyle won't either.
            So should I have put a "their" in instead? Oh well.

            I am not claiming Brodie Croyle is going to light the world on fire if he starts this year. What is ignorant though is the Broncos fans who already say he is going to be a bust and that he will suck for the rest of his career. They have no factual evidence to base that on. They say that because he is a Chiefs player. If the Broncos drafted him most Broncos fans would be all over his nuts while Chiefs fans would be saying he is too small.

            Either way, there is no reason to assume he is going to suck. Until he has proven he can't play, there is no reason to take a 1st round QB.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

            It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by socalorado1
              I have not heard much about him, but now i will be keeping an eye on him. Gotta love the teams that work the zone. Makes it easy to draft guys.

              For everyone else on this post....i took away the actual team list of where the player will go OK? It was just a freakin mock! If you dont want Brennan to go to the chefs fine! he wont go to the chefs! Its ok. Lets deal with the team needs in like 10 months... what do ya say?
              Take it easy. I'm not blasting you. You post on here for people to comment on your ideas, correct? I was not blasting your draft. I just offered my short comment. No harm done.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

              It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by kmartin575
                So should I have put a "their" in instead? Oh well.

                I am not claiming Brodie Croyle is going to light the world on fire if he starts this year. What is ignorant though is the Broncos fans who already say he is going to be a bust and that he will suck for the rest of his career. They have no factual evidence to base that on. They say that because he is a Chiefs player. If the Broncos drafted him most Broncos fans would be all over his nuts while Chiefs fans would be saying he is too small.

                Either way, there is no reason to assume he is going to suck. Until he has proven he can't play, there is no reason to take a 1st round QB.
                He couldn't stay healthy in college. What makes you think he will in the NFL with Roidman sacking him all the time?


                RIP D-Will and Nash

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by evendelae
                  He couldn't stay healthy in college. What makes you think he will in the NFL with Roidman sacking him all the time?
                  That definitely is a concern. Who knows. I know he will be adding weight to his frame so hopefully he can handle the pounding. I know he isn't any smaller than Trent Green.

                  Merriman couldn't even get past Jordan Black once last year. I don't expect him to have anymore success against McIntosh. The Chiefs seem to do a good job gameplanning against Merriman.
                  "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                  It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by socalorado1
                    I have not heard much about him, but now i will be keeping an eye on him. Gotta love the teams that work the zone. Makes it easy to draft guys.
                    For everyone else on this post....i took away the actual team list of where the player will go OK? It was just a freakin mock! If you dont want Brennan to go to the chefs fine! he wont go to the chefs! Its ok. Lets deal with the team needs in like 10 months... what do ya say?
                    I agree but its especially nice when a blue chip school like Michigan converts to it. BTW, UF and Michigan are the two teams I most closely follow in college football. In addition to what I said about him earlier, Jake Long has also played guard and tackle. He is a GREAT offensive lineman.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by lex
                      I agree but its especially nice when a blue chip school like Michigan converts to it. BTW, UF and Michigan are the two teams I most closely follow in college football. In addition to what I said about him earlier, Jake Long has also played guard and tackle. He is a GREAT offensive lineman.
                      Even better that he played a couple different spots. I like the versatile guys in positions that are vital and are on the field for long periods of time.
                      I follow alot of the WAC schools and Cal.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by SM19
                        Wow. I didn't think anyone would offer serious criticism of a mock posted 363 days in advance.
                        Yeah...i thought it wouldnt really be looked at that way.....I should have known better!!!!! I wont do that again!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          DeMario Pressley, a DT from N.C. State, is a guy to look out for and definitely on my early wish list for the Broncos to draft.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SM19
                            Wow. I didn't think anyone would offer serious criticism of a mock posted 363 days in advance.
                            Thats what trolls do.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                              ya...and its WAY OFF...reason number 1, browns don't have a 1st round pick....
                              Problem #2

                              Why would the Browns draft ANOTHER QB?
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                              The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                regarding '08 mock draft

                                being a football fan is a 24/7 365 day a year business, hell next to christmas the DRAFT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE DAYS OF THE YEAR !!!!!!! no it is NOT TOO EARLY TO LOOK AHEAD AND SEE WHAT WILL BE AVAILABE NEXT YEAR . in si.com's nfl section one writer speculated that JERRY JONES IS POSITIONING HIMSELF TO TRY TO GET THAT RUNNING BACK FROM ARKANSAS!!( i forget his name) but i did look at the top 25 for next yr and he is NUMBER ONE ON THE LIST.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X