Randall Godfrey Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Godfrey Available

According to Kffl.com, the chargers wont be re-signing him cuz of the 2 LBs they drafted (including Siler). He is kinda old but 6'2 245 pounds...can play the SAM and be a thorn in a division rival's side!

Ed Hartwell is close to signing with the bengals unfortunately, and Dhani Jones sucks. So i'm all for godfrey

Wow, you kiddin' me?

He IS getting up there, but he's also been a solid player throughout his career; if he was playing Sam I'd worry a lot less about losing D.J. to MLB duties. Jones or Godfrey would be great pickups, and both would take a lot of pressure off D.J. if we can afford them. Throw in Walter Thomas and I'd be quite happy going into next year.
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Shanny is trying to get YOUNGER, not over the hill. Plus, he just signed 2 LB's last week.

Quit with the "XXXX was cut, should we get him?". We're going to hear enough of that crap in another month.
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Is he still out there? WAS he out there?

He's still the best prospect I've seen mentioned to fill the SLB role if D.J. goes to MLB. Yes, I know he's got a lot of milage, but he should still have a year or two left, and could fill the gap long enough for us to have an opportunity to get a long term replacement now that we look to have our line addressed. I'd rather have Godfrey than Jones by a long shot if we can come up with the cash.

Comment

He lives not to far from me. I graduated from the same HS as him, and he was there for the inner-city rival game every year, and called the games from the booth. Great guy!
          11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

**** NO!!! I don't want that old garbage rotting in Denver. He go some where else I don't want him. Not now nor ever.
            sigpic

Comment

We would be better off going after Dhani Jones or sticking with what we have on the roster now. Unless next years LB prospects are outstanding and deep, it doesn't make much sense to go with such an old veteran. Age is part of the reason we have two new DEs instead of just one(Ekuban and Lang are both over 30). If we get Dhani Jones, at least he can hold down the SAM for 5 years instead of just 1 or 2.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Though that didn't really answer my question. I've liked him since his days in Dallas and, like Ekuban, he's started every place he's been. Including a 2003 Seahawks team and last years Bolts. A 3-4 ILB isn't a 4-3 MLB or OLB, but at the very least I'd be quite comfortable with him in D.J.s former slot while D.J. goes to MLB, and we might even get lucky and have ourselves a solid MLB for a year or two until we can draft one (though if I remember right he was a 4-3 OLB with the pre-Parcells Cowboys). Lest people get the idea I'm dogging on D.J., I'm not; I just feel like we have two solid LBs right now, which might be fine in a 5-2-2 or something (though I'd still want a backup) but at it is I really want at least a good MLB and starting SLB.

Incidentally, NFL.com is listing him as "Randall Godfrey, ILB" rather than "..., ILB-SD" (just like Arrington and Jones) which seems to at least imply he's available. If we go with one of these three Godfrey's the one I'd want.

Comment

no offense...he's been in free agency since march and you're just now noticing him? that's hilarious.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                    Shanny is trying to get YOUNGER, not over the hill. Plus, he just signed 2 LB's last week.

Quit with the "XXXX was cut, should we get him?". We're going to hear enough of that crap in another month.
                    isn't it crazy when fans do this? i just have to laugh, next they'll be wanting ricky williams.

hey i heard drew bledsoe's available...oh wait...he retired haha
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
                      Though that didn't really answer my question. I've liked him since his days in Dallas and, like Ekuban, he's started every place he's been. Including a 2003 Seahawks team and last years Bolts. A 3-4 ILB isn't a 4-3 MLB or OLB, but at the very least I'd be quite comfortable with him in D.J.s former slot while D.J. goes to MLB, and we might even get lucky and have ourselves a solid MLB for a year or two until we can draft one (though if I remember right he was a 4-3 OLB with the pre-Parcells Cowboys). Lest people get the idea I'm dogging on D.J., I'm not; I just feel like we have two solid LBs right now, which might be fine in a 5-2-2 or something (though I'd still want a backup) but at it is I really want at least a good MLB and starting SLB.

Incidentally, NFL.com is listing him as "Randall Godfrey, ILB" rather than "..., ILB-SD" (just like Arrington and Jones) which seems to at least imply he's available. If we go with one of these three Godfrey's the one I'd want.
                      he's got at least a year left sure, but i reiterate, he's been a free agent since free agency began.....i can see denver going after him if they're desperate.

all sd did was pull the offer off the table to the FA godfrey, his contract ran out march 1st
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been out of the loop.

Originally posted by jcdavey
                        no offense...he's been in free agency since march and you're just now noticing him? that's hilarious.....
                        I didn't even know Al was gone until last week. Now my whole "Websters performance when Al got hurt makes me think we need depth at LB" has become "WE NEED LBS!!!" We've got a good WLB in Gold and a good SLB who MIGHT be able to take over at MLB, then Holdmans got a little record of some performance as a starter, then ... ... ...! Shanny and Bates might not be desperate, but losing a Pro Bowl MLB leaves a gaping hole in the middle of a D, and I'm kinda edging toward desperate. Still many months till August though.
                        Last edited by Morambar; 04-30-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind picking him up for one year. Then next year we take a LB in the first round, plug him in and away we go.

Comment

All I'm saying.

Originally posted by Hoserman117
                            I wouldn't mind picking him up for one year. Then next year we take a LB in the first round, plug him in and away we go.
                            If we had an extra first day pick we'd probably be going for a big fast LB, but we had too many issues on the line, so we didn't; next year we will. I mean, isn't that kinda the point of free agency? It's not "sign a guy you have to pay $4 mill/year for a decade" it's "fill a hole with proven talent until you can make a long term investment". Pick him up and we've got three LBs we know can make a playoff run on day one, 'cos they've all done it more than once.

Comment

Working...
                            X