Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotto291
    what a ****** bag
    LMAO that's a great picker. Ironic he does that in college and now he'll be doing that in the pros.
    President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
      Actually much of his article hit home. This in particular

"After all of this, the Broncos are still in the hands of a semi rookie quarterback, the usual apprenticeship being more than the five games that Cutler played (two of which he won). Unless Cutler is something between John Elway and Dan Marino, the learning curve has no place to rest.

Figure in the new running back, the juggled linebacking, the thin receiving, the aging safeties, the uncertain offensive line, but mostly the inevitable shakiness of Cutler, and the Broncos could have had the first 10 picks in the draft without fixing everything that is wrong.

Until Cutler is better seasoned, the defense is of a consistent competence and the Broncos fall into a more painless schedule, good intentions will have to do."

With the exception of the yellow highlighted area he is probably closer to the truth than most on here wish to hear.

Rookies may have an impact or it just might be a BIG learning curve in 2007. Now 2008 that could be something all together different. But then we will be worried about OAK and the next John Elway.

I'll also guess the Mikey does not return his phone calls either.
      I was just going to post that Bernie must be JR's alter-ego. I think this post proves that it just might be possible.

For next year's Broncomania awards, I nominate JR for Most Negative Poster.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
        I was just going to post that Bernie must be JR's alter-ego. I think this post proves that it just might be possible.

For next year's Broncomania awards, I nominate JR for Most Negative Poster.

You're better than that, Mtnman. This is pretty incendiary, and I have grown not to
        expect personal attacks from you.

Tell you what: You delete your post, and I'll delete this one.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          You're better than that, Mtnman. This is pretty incendiary, and I have grown not to
          expect personal attacks from you.

Tell you what: You delete your post, and I'll delete this one.

-----
          No thanks.

If JR wants to agree with Bernie (something he NEVER did when Bernie was attacking Plummer last year), so be it.

In the future, a PM would be better for something like this.
          sigpic

Comment

Outside cornerback, quarterback and tight end, almost every other position on this team was upgradeable via the draft. Denver decided to focus on DE, DT, OL. If things go well, we won't have to upgrade those with high selections for a while. Denver next year, will be able to upgrade the other positions. I don't get this article, was it just pointing the obvious?

It's this sort of **** that baffles me.

Where can you sign me up?

Comment

So basically, the long and short of it from his perspective seems to be that because Denver doesnt have Manning or Brady, they are doomed. For an article that is clearly trying to stir the pot, its incredibly inane.

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                No thanks.

If JR wants to agree with Bernie (something he NEVER did when Bernie was attacking Plummer last year), so be it.

In the future, a PM would be better for something like this.
                Just because a person has disagreed with another in the past does not make it
                hypocritical if he agrees with the person now.

Why, I've even agreed with you a time or two.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
                  i'm not especially happy with this draft (warming up to the results, but imagined better outcomes) and i still think this guy is a moron. who is he and why should we care what he thinks? he could be the president of football knowledge, and i wouldn't care. i'd lobby for an impeachment.

i've scratched my head in confusion after reading things that make 10x more sense than any one sentence in this article.
                  you cant get drafts like we had last year every year. this year was soldi addressed needs. dengver needed to adddress line fot eh past three or four years nad havent they did this year.. we will be better this year watch
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

I quit reading when I got the part about drafting Quinn
                    sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

That was actually a pretty entertaining article.

FWIW, he wasn't seriously suggesting we should have drafted Quinn. Rather he was just making a point about what Jake went through last year.

Remember, he's a sensationalistic journalist who isn't paid to just make everybody feel good all the time. He's supposed to make people think, and stir the masses now and then, and it sounds like he accomplished his goals. It's a mistake to take articles like this seriously, good vibes or bad, because they're basically intended to be as much entertainment as is the game of football itself.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        That was actually a pretty entertaining article.

FWIW, he wasn't seriously suggesting we should have drafted Quinn. Rather he was just making a point about what Jake went through last year.

Remember, he's a sensationalistic journalist who isn't paid to just make everybody feel good all the time. He's supposed to make people think, and stir the masses now and then, and it sounds like he accomplished his goals. It's a mistake to take articles like this seriously, good vibes or bad, because they're basically intended to be as much entertainment as is the game of football itself.

No different than Kizla or Paige for that matter.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

To heck with this guy and his :2cents: comments.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                            you cant get drafts like we had last year every year. this year was soldi addressed needs. dengver needed to adddress line fot eh past three or four years nad havent they did this year.. we will be better this year watch
                            i'm not saying we had a bad draft at all, i think it was actually pretty good. but i, like many, was upset about trading up for moss, not because it was unecessary, but because i'm not a big moss fan. i don't deny his ability, i just would have prefered differently. i saw about 100 mock drafts that i loved, and was upset when one of them didn't materialize as is... still excited about the players we got, and think they will contribute early and often. idealists become realists quickly on draft day

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

I stopped reading Linicome articles here in Denver awhile ago...

He simply seems to pride himself on being negative, you know, the kind who call themselves realists. Well, that's fine if pessimism is his reality, but thankfully, I know life, and even the Broncos to look far different from the picture he painted.

Just serves as a reminder of why I don't read Bernie regarding the Broncos, Nuggets, or much else, because his writing, and more likely his perspective just seems depressing because of its constantly negative tone.

What, he thinks being negative in this way appears educated and being "above" homer orange? Perhaps he believes pessimism makes him sound like more of an intellecutal? What novel ideas, I guess those have never been done before.

You can find holes on every football team in the entire league, and always will be able to. You could make every Super Bowl winner in the league sound through an editorial like the bottom feeders of the league, if that's what you want to look at and focus on.

For instance, think about this bio:

This team's QB is making his way through the prime of his career without ever winning a big game, how does he expect to be a year older and lead a team past where he has never gone before. The TE production is cut in half with the loss of a key contributor, this team has lost it's 1500 yard rusher and what was once 3 strong at receiver has had its 3rd amigo falling off the wagon with injuries.

The team gives us more yards against the run than virtually any team in the league, their CB's are towards the lesser end of talented tandems in the league, both safeties have been unable to stay out of injury trouble and their LB corps has lost a key contributor at least every other year it seems.

This team lost its Pro Bowl kicker and its return game has no Dante Hall or Devin Hester. This team's coach has never gotten past the championship game and is generally regarded as a good guy, but too nice to get a team over the top. There certainly sounds like there is a lot of holes on "this team."

"This team" is the Indianapolis Colts as they "could" have been described at any point in time last year, that's your Super Bowl Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                                Darn in Linicome, you are right. Why couldn't we see that the Broncos needed Quinn to create controversy instead of relying on a semi-rookie QB?

Shanny must feel sooooooo dumb for not thinking of that. Heck, I bet Quinn would have solved our pass rush problems too.
                                Seriously......the guy is a genius! I wither at his superior knowledge of the Broncos and their lackluster draft.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X