Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did the Broncos get Carlos Hall?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When did the Broncos get Carlos Hall?

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302039

    I saw on KFFL depth charts they have him projected as the starter LDE

    I see he had an awesome rookie year, maybe he will do good for us in the rotation looks to be a better option than Lang

    http://www.kffl.com/nfldc.php/15/nfl

    Also interesting they have Lang listed as Starting Strong Side Linebacker

    and who the hell is Troy Flemming?
    Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 04-30-2007, 08:16 PM.

  • #2
    Seems like a depth move more than anything.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

    Comment


    • #3
      Troy Fleming is a FB, pounder.
      Thanks WhiteDragon!

      http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
      GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
      #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
      #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
      #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
      #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
      #180
      #211
      Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
        http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302039

        I saw on KFFL depth charts they have him projected as the starter LDE

        I see he had an awesome rookie year, maybe he will do good for us in the rotation looks to be a better option than Lang

        http://www.kffl.com/nfldc.php/15/nfl

        Also interesting they have Lang listed as Starting Strong Side Linebacker

        and who the hell is Troy Flemming?
        Carlos Hall is a 2007 FA pick up. Physically, he seems to fit the new scheme and they might have him projected as the starter simply because he's a veteran and more likely to be ready to start ahead of the new guys.

        I wonder if Bates and Shanny told Lang that he has to tryout at LB if he wants a chance to start or remain on the team. I know that one of the reasons he wanted out of Cleveland is because they converted him to LB. If they are forcing him to convert, his age might be a reason he is going along with it. He probably knows that other teams aren't likely to give him much of a chance to start or even play and he might not want to start over somewhere else. He presumably has the speed to play LB, he definitely has the size(6'3" 264 lbs according to the roster on denverbroncos.com).
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

        Comment


        • #5
          Hall was cut from the team in early camp last year.

          He will likely be the same casualty again this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hall is an interesting move. He had 8 sacks his first year, and then fell since then... Maybe be reborn under Bates?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by broncolee
              Carlos Hall is a 2007 FA pick up. Physically, he seems to fit the new scheme and they might have him projected as the starter simply because he's a veteran and more likely to be ready to start ahead of the new guys.

              I wonder if Bates and Shanny told Lang that he has to tryout at LB if he wants a chance to start or remain on the team. I know that one of the reasons he wanted out of Cleveland is because they converted him to LB. If they are forcing him to convert, his age might be a reason he is going along with it. He probably knows that other teams aren't likely to give him much of a chance to start or even play and he might not want to start over somewhere else. He presumably has the speed to play LB, he definitely has the size(6'3" 264 lbs according to the roster on denverbroncos.com).
              i seen on the nfl site he was listed as lde lang was.
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lang as an OLB?!!!

                I mean, great if it works; then I'm just hoping D.J. can transition to MLB and everyone stays healthy (we've got a lot of guys at LB, but only one of them has much of a track record). Seems like if he was a better fit there he would've done it before now in his career though. We gotta do something though, and it seems like we have some real talent depth at DE, provided we have the DTs to get them free, so all hail the 30+ tweener!
                SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Morambar
                  I mean, great if it works; then I'm just hoping D.J. can transition to MLB and everyone stays healthy (we've got a lot of guys at LB, but only one of them has much of a track record). Seems like if he was a better fit there he would've done it before now in his career though. We gotta do something though, and it seems like we have some real talent depth at DE, provided we have the DTs to get them free, so all hail the 30+ tweener!
                  He has played LB before. That's why he wanted out of Cleveland. They converted him to OLB for the 3-4. It's not clear that he actually is trying out at OLB. It could be faulty reporting by kffl.com.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Didn't realize that.

                    How successful was the conversion? Did he not like playing there or was he embarrassed playing there? 'Cos if it worked, I gotta think anyone who can play OLB in a 3-4 can play Sam in a 4-3. I just wish we had a backup I could trust at MLB for D.J. 'cos Webster left me underwhelmed subbing for Al.
                    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Methinks that site might not be an official source of anything.

                      Still has Al Wilson listed, and Lepsis at RT, with Kuper starting at LT.

                      Kuper. LT. Nice.


                      Check out Goal Line Blitz

                      WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        plus no elvis anywhere
                        In memory of Darrent Williams 1982-2007


                        Smiley by me
                        My sigs

                        "It seems like every week you click on the film and you want to roll back out of your chair and say, 'Lord help me,'" Coyer on NFL offenses

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X