Fox Sports John Czarnecki gives Broncs a D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Sports John Czarnecki gives Broncs a D

Czar's breakdown: This draft reeks of desperation. They needed defensive linemen based on managing only 35 sacks last season. But the Broncos overlooked huge character issues of two Florida players, defensive end Jarvis Moss and defensive tackle Marcus Thomas, who they spent their last two picks on this year and their third-round pick next year to grab. Thomas was suspended twice by Gators head coach Urban Meyer and in the end wasn't allowed on campus for Florida's Pro Day; he was that unwelcome by his teammates. Yes, Denver's Mike Shanahan has great Florida connections, so he must have special insights into these players. But there was no reason to trade up from the 21st pick to the 17th spot and surrender two extra draft picks to land Moss, who is a dynamite pass rusher. Moss was off some team's draft boards because he was suspended last season for allegedly smoking marijuana. Commissioner Roger Goodell doesn't have a closer friend than Denver owner Pat Bowlen, so you have to wonder if Goodell, given his strong stance on character issues, won't be asking why, why, why? Four total selections and two potential bad guys.

Grade: D

My only question..................uh.........who?

here's the link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6746812
    Let's draft her....

here ya go......

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=92786
    My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by jb_edson81
      cool, thanks
      Let's draft her....

Comment

dont' worry about it...its fox ...
        sigpic

Comment

draft grades are guesses until a year, two, maybe three years from now...

at this point, every team thinks they had a good draft. only time will tell..

i won't lose any sleep over what this guy thinks about anything.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
          We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

I only pay attention if I can pronounce their name. Mayock easy, Kiper easy, czwaht?

Comment

and that is why he works for fox and no one knows him
              Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
              Supporting this staff!
              Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                dont' worry about it...its fox ...
                You hate the Dolphins? I take it you didn't want Quinn? I thought you guys had a great draft. One of the best in the league. Besides, it's kinda cool to see the local kid get to play for his favorite team. I hope he does well, except when you guys play us of course.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad
                  You hate the Dolphins? I take it you didn't want Quinn? I thought you guys had a great draft. One of the best in the league. Besides, it's kinda cool to see the local kid get to play for his favorite team. I hope he does well, except when you guys play us of course.
                  Oh no...you see, derek hagan is my favorite reciever in the league ( i used to know him personally when he was here at ASU ) im just mad at the fact that they drafted ted ginn... possibly going to set back hagan on the roster spots

btw, i love quinn
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                    Oh no...you see, derek hagan is my favorite reciever in the league ( i used to know him personally when he was here at ASU ) im just mad at the fact that they drafted ted ginn... possibly going to set back hagan on the roster spots

btw, i love quinn
                    Ah, that makes sense. I was surprised they took Ginn as high as they did. I was 100% sure they were gonna take Quinn, especially as much as the Miami fans love franchise QB's. Culpepper is to old to be that guy, assuming he ever comes back from injury. Hopefully, for your sake, Ginn is just the KR/PR for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                    X