No announcement yet.

Ramonce..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see any reason to sign a guy like this. We have a pretty good set at running back especially with the addition of Young. This guy seems like a sure fire cancer.

Comment

If he's not in jail then he probably didn't have 5 pounds of pot. That would probably be hard to fit into one backpack. Either way his talent on the field is undeniable, unfortunately with the new conduct policy in the NFL, teams are probably not interested in trying to aqcuire a guy who (if he's been out of football and not working out which it sounds like) will most likely do as well on drug tests as another former texas running back who is also employed in the CFL. Maybe they can be teammates for the SESSketchawen RoughRiders where they can ride dirty all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
        If he's not in jail then he probably didn't have 5 pounds of pot. That would probably be hard to fit into one backpack. Either way his talent on the field is undeniable, unfortunately with the new conduct policy in the NFL, teams are probably not interested in trying to aqcuire a guy who (if he's been out of football and not working out which it sounds like) will most likely do as well on drug tests as another former texas running back who is also employed in the CFL. Maybe they can be teammates for the SESSketchawen RoughRiders where they can ride dirty all the time.
        Yep, it was 5 pounds. Read the story and see just how stupid this guy is. http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=2050
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Post #36
          Taylor didn’t have five pounds of weed. Police reports state that he had all of his weed in a Big 12 backpack. you CANNOT fit five pounds of marijuana into a backpack.

Plus, all that has been released about the story is that Taylor had BETWEEN a QP and five pounds. If he did have five pounds, there’d already be reports of Taylor going to prison for 20 years on felony marijuana possession. Do not assume that he had five pounds on him just because that’s the maximum amount between 4 zips and five pounds.

Plus, five pounds isn’t exactly cheap. If it’s quality ****, then he probably had to shell out around 15-16K, money even a solid NCAA running back couldn’t get in CASH.
          I'm not trying to defend the guy, but this was kind of along my reasoning. The way I believe posession goes in Texas is something like (from minor to major)
          1. <ounce
          2. ounce<4 ounces (quarter pound)
          3. 4 ounces<5 pounds (5pounds*16ounces in a pound=80 ounces!)
          4. >5 pounds

So if Ramonce was in category 3, and thats all the police will report do you think the Media is going to try and guess how much he had? no. Do you think they're going to try to make it look as minor as possible and say he had a quarter pound? no. In countless cases we have seen Media speculation portray athletes in the most negative aspect.

Like the the poster goes on to say though if it was poor quality it is more believable because that would fit in a backpack and probably wouldn't be too much out of Ramonce's pockets. But personally I have a hard time believing he went to UT with something like 50,000 undergrads and was smoking poor quality weed.

*I really don't know why I felt I had to say all that but I did anyway...
          Last edited by Dub-DeuceKnight; 05-03-2007, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
            The guy is not in jail so I don't know how much of this is alleged or even really true. But trouble follows this guy.
            I'm as big a Longhorn fan as there is - and Ramonce was pretty special when he was in uniform - he played very fast and could turn a corner like Reggie Bush. That being said, there were major character issues with this guy and IIRC he did do time: I believe he was on a jail-release program where he checked in every weekend.

I hope that he can get his life in order (what a waste of talent) but I think the money involved with being an NFL player - and the temptations that go with being an NFL player - would be too much for him.

Maybe the promise of sanctions on the team when a player messes up is keeping teams away from him? That would be understandable.

Comment

We signed Selvin Young
              Some minds are like concrete, completely mixed up, and permanently set!!

Comment

Stay in Texas, we dont need any extra drama....we have enough "character" issues to worry about all ready.

If Ramonce did come to Denver I could see the headlines now...."Denver's rookies caught........"

We would have Ramonce selling it, Moss and Thomas buying and smoking. How does it go? Puff, puff, give.....yeah thats all we need!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mtn_horn
                  I'm as big a Longhorn fan as there is - and Ramonce was pretty special when he was in uniform - he played very fast and could turn a corner like Reggie Bush. That being said, there were major character issues with this guy and IIRC he did do time: I believe he was on a jail-release program where he checked in every weekend.

I hope that he can get his life in order (what a waste of talent) but I think the money involved with being an NFL player - and the temptations that go with being an NFL player - would be too much for him.

Maybe the promise of sanctions on the team when a player messes up is keeping teams away from him? That would be understandable.

Ya, doesn't he call himself Reggie Bush Jr., well yes it's a waste of talent, I hope he can get it together for his own sake at least.

I'm glad we still got a couple longhorns coming to camp this summer!

Comment

THis seems to have a pretty simple solution.

If his "characther flaw" was drug dealing (Which you do to get money) or preparing to deal then...

Just give him a multi million dollar contract. Hows 50 mil over 6 years sound. Then he'll have no reason to drug deal for money.

They should really make me GM with ideas like these
                    Thanks Broncos for bringing back our roided up punter .

Comment

His career is over before it even starts. The guy was a damn fool. If I had that much talent, and the opportunity to make an NFL career, I WOULD have made sure that I kept myself CLEAN. In essence he made a choice. He rolled the dice thinking he was above it all, and he got snake eyes. What a FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE WILL EVER TOUCH HIM...........................

He was dealing, and he had a gun. End of story.

Career over before it even had a chance to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Rackman
                        His career is over before it even starts. The guy was a damn fool. If I had that much talent, and the opportunity to make an NFL career, I WOULD have made sure that I kept myself CLEAN. In essence he made a choice. He rolled the dice thinking he was above it all, and he got snake eyes. What a FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE WILL EVER TOUCH HIM...........................

He was dealing, and he had a gun. End of story.

Career over before it even had a chance to start.

He was clearly working on a career in case the NFL didn't work out for him...You can't fault him for that! Some get an education, some get into dealing drugs.<----sarcasm

Comment

But if we signed him our new draft picks won't have to go very far to get their fixes!

Comment

LOL! really, it's to bad that he threw away the chance to make the NFL. Theres no doubt that he was good enough. He had the talent to go far. But if your packing a firearm in the commission of a felony, you can expect that your butt is going to get burned.

I'd love to see him play for the Broncos. But if I were Mike, I wouldn't pick him up either. Smoking weed is one thing, and draws it's penality, but commiting a felony with a gun in tow is another. You can't tell me he didn't know better, he knew the consequences of his actions, and what the risks were. Like I said, "He's a damn fool"! He literally threw away millions, by chasing a short term fix. I just shake my head and wonder. The guy was an idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by jlarsiii
                              Was he the Texas player that was busted with something like 5 pounds of pot?

If so that could be a big reason why. It is one thing to smoke dope and a whole other thing when you are busted with 30 g's worth of the stuff (that is my guess as to its worth).
                              LOL, Denver drafts 2 guys trying to stay clean, then they draft someone who could be their supplier.

oops, replied to this before reading all the other posts
                              Last edited by omac; 05-07-2007, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rackman
                                LOL! really, it's to bad that he threw away the chance to make the NFL. Theres no doubt that he was good enough. He had the talent to go far. But if your packing a firearm in the commission of a felony, you can expect that your butt is going to get burned.

I'd love to see him play for the Broncos. But if I were Mike, I wouldn't pick him up either. Smoking weed is one thing, and draws it's penality, but commiting a felony with a gun in tow is another. You can't tell me he didn't know better, he knew the consequences of his actions, and what the risks were. Like I said, "He's a damn fool"! He literally threw away millions, by chasing a short term fix. I just shake my head and wonder. The guy was an idiot!
                                Yep, and character is very important to Mikey; he's let some potential superstars go because of character.

If the Raiders hadn't hired Kiffin, they'd probably take him. The o'l Raider black sheep thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X