Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety for Next Year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by stnzed
    They should be be long gone. But ya never know...Alan Branch!

    True, I hope a guy with one of their talents falls, we could get a future stud.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
      True, I hope a guy with one of their talents falls, we could get a future stud.

      Maybe one of them will get caught smokin the hippy lettuce.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by stnzed
        Maybe one of them will get caught smokin the hippy lettuce.

        hydroponic???? I hear that counts for something

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
          hydroponic???? I hear that counts for something

          I meant that maybe one of them will fail a drug test and drop to the 4th round again. *shrugs*

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by stnzed
            I meant that maybe one of them will fail a drug test and drop to the 4th round again. *shrugs*

            I know I was trying to add the fact that hydroponic is suppossed to be stronger and hence they get caught easier... lam attempt, anyway we can only hope

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
              I know I was trying to add the fact that hydroponic is suppossed to be stronger and hence they get caught easier... lam attempt, anyway we can only hope

              Ohhh! My bad. I'm a dork!

              Comment


              • #82
                Safety can be addressed via free agency, but you have to look at the pool available (there are a few names out there) and then you have to look at the draft. They're both, "meh" to me for next year, especially the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver trade for a high caliber safety. Big trades for key players have went well for the Broncos, notice how their two best players (Champ and Javon) have came through trades. It's a huge part to our success.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Dream
                  Safety can be addressed via free agency, but you have to look at the pool available (there are a few names out there) and then you have to look at the draft. They're both, "meh" to me for next year, especially the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver trade for a high caliber safety. Big trades for key players have went well for the Broncos, notice how their two best players (Champ and Javon) have came through trades. It's a huge part to our success.

                  Troy Polamalu could be a free agent next year...

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by stnzed
                    Troy Polamalu could be a free agent next year...

                    We would have the best secondary ever!!!

                    To imagine the possibility of CB1: Champ, FS: (TBA), SS: Troy Polamalu, CB2: Bly



                    With those guys teams might as well not show up.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Lorcust
                      Considering where we likely will be drafting (upper teens at worst, 20's-30's), Safety doesn't look so hot next year. I'd rather draft a young DT to rotate with Warren as he eventually begins to age, and have a young, talented tandem in Marcus Thomas and (new DT).

                      Warren is... 29? Now... 30 next year?

                      With the weakish Safety class, depending on who comes out, I'd rather fill safety through Free Agency if anything.
                      I'm inclined to agree with this; our deal with Adams is apparently for one year only (makes sense, since he's 34) but allows us to fill with quality until we have another years worth of draft picks to get someone with the potential for a similar career but a decade younger. Precisely the reason I wanted Adams and still want Godfrey; they fill our last remaining holes and buy us time for another draft or two to find a first day talent to take over following their retirement. We've actually got a lot of fast talent at DB, so could probably be fine going with Brandon and Cox/Foxworth in a year or two, but I don't think we're as deep or talented at SS once Ferguson goes (basically a Gargille and a young Abdullah, who've thus far been limited to STs) so I could see us going after a SS in a year or two, depending on our starters plans. I feel pretty good about FS though; if Lynch stays for as much as one more season after this one we'll likely be near a point where Bly or Bailey have slowed to the point they and we are better served to have them playing deep and using their experience to read plays. Regardless, we'll end this season with a 35 year old Adams no longer under contract and a 31 (IIRC) Warren at NT.
                      SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Morambar
                        I'm inclined to agree with this; our deal with Adams is apparently for one year only (makes sense, since he's 34) but allows us to fill with quality until we have another years worth of draft picks to get someone with the potential for a similar career but a decade younger. Precisely the reason I wanted Adams and still want Godfrey; they fill our last remaining holes and buy us time for another draft or two to find a first day talent to take over following their retirement. We've actually got a lot of fast talent at DB, so could probably be fine going with Brandon and Cox/Foxworth in a year or two, but I don't think we're as deep or talented at SS once Ferguson goes (basically a Gargille and a young Abdullah, who've thus far been limited to STs) so I could see us going after a SS in a year or two, depending on our starters plans. I feel pretty good about FS though; if Lynch stays for as much as one more season after this one we'll likely be near a point where Bly or Bailey have slowed to the point they and we are better served to have them playing deep and using their experience to read plays. Regardless, we'll end this season with a 35 year old Adams no longer under contract and a 31 (IIRC) Warren at NT.
                        Nice!
                        I wanted a FS in this years draft becuase of the injury concerns more than age. I think that a healthy Brandon is BETTER than Fergie or any one else for that matter at FS. Anyways, when the Broncos didnt get a Safety i figured that Brandon must be rehabing his knee to where Shanny felt that he would come back totally healthy. Personally i think that Brandon will be the starting FS at some point this year,as long as his knee is 100% and Cox will become the "big nickel" defender.
                        Both these guys will get there shot, and both will continue to impress.
                        I also understand the concern at Safety though for alot of posters.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I'm not as worried about Safety as much as i would have been, had Coyer still be here.

                          The "cover 2" that Bates likes to run is very Safety freindly. Each Safety primarily covers their side of the feild and the main objective is to not to let anyone get behind you. Relying heavily on smarts which i think playes to Lynchs and Fergys strengths.

                          Though depth is always a concern. Because of the position as a whole with the scheme there and Bates coaching success, i feel good about the future.

                          Draft wise and FA.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I am very worried about safety. John Lynch and Ferguson are both old, mediocre players and the rest are unknown commodities. Personally, I don't think any of the backups would be good starters. So if an elite prospect like Phillips is eligible, I'm doing whatever I can (within reason) to try and trade up to get him.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
                              I say we stay within the team with, Hamza Abdulah(sp). He is awesome.
                              ya I hope that guy gets too start some time

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Donovan Darius released by Jags a couple of days ago. Possible replacement for Lynch in the coming years?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X