Jerry Jones's draft move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Jones's draft move

i like what jerry jones did he accquired a number 1 NEXT year so he goes into the draft with alot of dealing strength. A sports writer i read speculates he is positioning himself to go after DARREN MCFADDEN OF ARKANSAS! I wish the broncos would go out and make deals like that. Instead they go and TRADE AWAY PICKS. I THINK WE MAY HAVE OVERPAID TO GET JARVIS MOSS. the more picks you have the more chance of finding players. hey MIKE AND TED don't deal away picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should trade away the best players on our team for 1st round picks to every team in the league.....that way we can have every pick in the 1st round next year.

Comment

well jerry jones is also the gm coach(kinda) and owner so yea he can do whatver he wants and deal with it himself

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

you are very miss informed my friend. These guys in the frount office don't just do things on a whim like you seem to think. They are VERY smart guys (Mike and Ted) who not only have our best interest this year but also down the line in the decision making process. They have access to very detailed scouting reports and other things such as cap room, contracts, ect. I know it looks easy on TV to "wheel and deal" but the fact is you need draft position as well as needs to do different things. Just trust what the coaches are doing and hope it is right. We have a good football team and the moves we made in FA clearly tell me that Pat, Mike and Ted are doing EVERYTHING they can do and are commited to winning and putting the best team they can out on our field on Sunday.
        "I'm your Huckelberry"

Comment

Originally posted by richardthebronco
          I THINK WE MAY HAVE OVERPAID TO GET JARVIS MOSS. the more picks you have the more chance of finding players. hey MIKE AND TED don't deal away picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          The more times you get your TARGETED player the better off you are.

Cutler - traded up to get
          Scheffler - talking heads says reach

Take the players you want not what is left.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

i like what jerry jones did he accquired a number 1 NEXT year so he goes into the draft with alot of dealing strength.
            He also traded up to get a player that no one else would have wanted really and gave a division team 3 more picks...yep...I would say that he is brilliant!!!

I won't dismiss that their organization is sitting pretty for next years draft with the extra #1, but I can't figure out what the heck they are doing down there in Texas really!!!

Comment

i like what jerry jones did he accquired a number 1 NEXT year so he goes into the draft with alot of dealing strength. A sports writer i read speculates he is positioning himself to go after DARREN MCFADDEN OF ARKANSAS! I wish the broncos would go out and make deals like that. Instead they go and TRADE AWAY PICKS. I THINK WE MAY HAVE OVERPAID TO GET JARVIS MOSS. the more picks you have the more chance of finding players. hey MIKE AND TED don't deal away picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              jj is doing that because he just got wade, and wade knows LT, and knows dmac is the next LT

the kid can do it all, barring injury, whoever gets that guy is going to have a very nice rb

hopefully for that team they can develop a good team to go around him.
              sigpic

Comment

Sometimes we do just that

I understand you wanted us to move around this year and see if we could get someone to take Quinn at our spot. And at first blush that seems like a good move. But not for every team. This year we had some defensive guys we really wanted and we made the moves to get them. Other years our guys aren't there or can be had later so we move around. How do you think we were able to pull off Cutler and get Walker last year? And we still had other selections left to go after Scheffler etc...

Seems to me if every year you stockpile then you might have a hard time improving your team the way you want. If we had moved back this year the staff thought we wouldn't get Moss. Funny thing is for 4 years this board has consistently bithced about not getting DLine help. The year we really go after DLine we start second guessing them. Too funny
                "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

I vote we trade away RichardtheBronco for future draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                    I vote we trade away RichardtheBronco for future draft picks.

LOLOLOL how funny....do you think we could have packaged him with Cobbs and Moss to get CJ here afterall?
                    "I'm your Huckelberry"

Comment

Qauility over Qantity!! We don't need 12 late round picks to find a dimond in the rough! We had a good FA period, and you can't forget about the players who were back ups last year that already know the system and are looking for their shot!
                      Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                      GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                      #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                      #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                      #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                      #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                      Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Good.

Then when McFadden turns out to be a (insert name of high-profile heisman RB who was a huge B-U-S-T ....>here<....), we can feel quite smug and self-satisfied...

Comment

After Henry rushes for 1600+ and 14 TDs, Im sure RB will be the farthest thing from our minds in 2008.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
                            After Henry rushes for 1600+ and 14 TDs, Im sure RB will be the farthest thing from our minds in 2008.

at least we didnt have to give up a draft pick to get henry. for jones or mcgahee we would have given up pretty sizeable picks.

henry will fit the system well.

bottom line is that we came away with the guys we needed. the 5th and 6th rounders usually never make it in the nfl and if they do its rare that they play at a high level. so if we had to trade a few of those to insure we got moss and thomas then im all for it. both guys should make a big differance for years to come.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X