Linebackers, do we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
    Cugel, who do you say that MLB is DJ's "natural position"? Is it because he is better suited physically for that position? Doesn't a good Mike need to have good instincts, I haven't seen from DJ consistently at all? Not to mention he played the outside in college.

D.J. has played the Mike LB position, he played Mike in high school and his freshman year of college at The 'U'. A good MLB needs to instincts yes but most inportant he needs to be an athletic guy who can cover sideline to sideline and D.J. fills that.

It was said he hasn't shown constant instincts but how would he be able to moving from one LB spot to another, he'll now be playing his third LB spot in four years how can we expect any kind of consitancy when each LB spot has different keys, reads, and really different techniques.

Granted he doesn't really have the physical punch you in the mouth, block blowing up technique that SLB and MLB usually play with, which shows he is BEST suited for the WLB position because he is so athletically gifted.

But I think he'll be ok and do a pretty good job in his relatively NEW role I expect a Pro Bowl from his somewhere soon in the future.

Comment

I think a lot of questions about our defense are based on past circumstances with Coyer's crappy scheme. Bates puts players in positions where they have a much better chance to suceed. I'm really not that concerned about our LB corps. I think we'll likely see career years out of Gold and Williams, and whoever takes over SLB will likely do fine.
      Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
        D.J. has played the Mike LB position, he played Mike in high school and his freshman year of college at The 'U'. A good MLB needs to instincts yes but most inportant he needs to be an athletic guy who can cover sideline to sideline and D.J. fills that.

It was said he hasn't shown constant instincts but how would he be able to moving from one LB spot to another, he'll now be playing his third LB spot in four years how can we expect any kind of consitancy when each LB spot has different keys, reads, and really different techniques.

Granted he doesn't really have the physical punch you in the mouth, block blowing up technique that SLB and MLB usually play with, which shows he is BEST suited for the WLB position because he is so athletically gifted.

But I think he'll be ok and do a pretty good job in his relatively NEW role I expect a Pro Bowl from his somewhere soon in the future.

accually, DJ played FB in his freshmanyear at the U

Comment

Gold and DJ will have 100 tackles each this season.I look for a break out year for both players.

Comment

Working...
          X