Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We sure do need another DT...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BroncoDefense
    If Atl parts ways with Grady Jackson, I would love to have him come. Big, good, solid 2 down player. Then we can ease in Thomas in the Nickle with McKinley. After that, as has been stated, look for more depth next year.

    Our only "proven" starter this year as of now is Warren, and he played so poorly he took a pay cut this year. Plus, coming out of Cleveland he mentioned numerous times that playing a 2-gap scheme is not his strength. Even if he plays solid (a big if), one injury and we have nothing proven behind him.

    Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson! Grady Jackson!

    I'm Navin R. Johnson and I approve this message.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by CasualFan
      Those stats from Football Outsiders makes all the whining about Shanahan not drafting a safety, a linebacker or returner look foolish. It's much easier to draft good players in those categories (and thus get them through free agency from other teams' past drafts) than it is to get quality at DT, OT and DE.
      I've been preaching this for years and now somebody notices! :wave:
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TXBRONC
        I didn't say anything about him being a starter Cugel. The author of the thread he would have liked for us get another DT. I simply pointed that this what Denver did. Whether he amounts to anything or not isn't at issue right now.
        Boy you people can be hyper-sensitive! I wasn't attacking your post. Just pointing out that signing is of another scrub who probably won't make the team.

        Hopefully, that will prevent some of the flightier homers on this board from launching into flights of fantasy over how this solves anything. That's all.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Cugel
          Boy you people can be hyper-sensitive! I wasn't attacking your post. Just pointing out that signing is of another scrub who probably won't make the team.

          Hopefully, that will prevent some of the flightier homers on this board from launching into flights of fantasy over how this solves anything. That's all.
          I thought we were just having a discussion? I'm not upset and I wasn't trying to be rude.
          Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-06-2007, 11:59 AM.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Where did I say you were attacking my post? I thought we were just having a discussion.
            Because you read his initial post (where he says the guy will never be a starter), and you assumed he was "attacking" your position that he was going to be a starter.

            When in fact he was just doing exactly what you said, having a discussion where he was adding to what you said by adding the guy will not be a starter in all probabilty.

            You are the one that made the discussion into more of a debate

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by broncsx3
              Because you read his initial post (where he says the guy will never be a starter), and you assumed he was "attacking" your position that he was going to be a starter.

              When in fact he was just doing exactly what you said, having a discussion where he was adding to what you said by adding the guy will not be a starter in all probabilty.

              You are the one that made the discussion into more of a debate
              Apparently your mind reading skills need work. I did not assume he was attacking my position. Maybe you ought just sit back and Think before you type it would help so you don't look like an idiot.
              John 11: 25-27

              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



              Thanks Snk16

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by broncolee
                Not necessarily, because if Thomas works out and you have Jenkins or Rogers, Warren becomes valuable trade bait next year. The 6th and 7th round picks really don't mean anything because Ted Sundquist has already said that they didn't believe anyone picked in those slots would have made the team anyway. The only thing that would put pressure on the coaching staff to start Thomas is the fact that they gave up next year's 3rd in the deal to get Minnesota's 4th round pick. Considering teams are willing to let QBs picked in the 1st round sit for a year, I think the Broncos could let Thomas come in as a back up for a year, if we had Jenkins or Rogers.
                I think it was Shanahan who some years ago said that you can't have enough defensive linemen. Whether Thomas pans out or not, it wouldn't hurt to get some more DTs. Last season Warren had to play hurt for much of it, and I think that says something about the quality of the depth we have behind him.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  Apparently your mind reading skills need work. I did not assume he was attacking my position. Maybe you ought just sit back and Think before you type it would help so you don't look like an idiot.
                  Maybe you should stop talking to me like I'm 10? The only one being an ass here is you.

                  You wrote in your reply "I never said he was going to be a starter."

                  Well, genius... no one said you did! So why did you write that?

                  Because you ASSUMED he was refuting your position. You ASSUMED he was saying that you were starting that.

                  And that is what he tried to explain in his 2nd reply after you made the bad assumption.

                  Which is what I explained. Explained very clearly in non-idiotic fashion. Thanks.

                  Do try and keep up.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by broncsx3
                    Maybe you should stop talking to me like I'm 10? The only one being an ass here is you.

                    You wrote in your reply "I never said he was going to be a starter."

                    Well, genius... no one said you did! So why did you write that?

                    Because you ASSUMED he was refuting your position. You ASSUMED he was saying that you were starting that.

                    And that is what he tried to explain in his 2nd reply after you made the bad assumption.

                    Which is what I explained. Explained very clearly in non-idiotic fashion. Thanks.

                    Do try and keep up.
                    Well I'm not the that started in on you with a smart mouth attitude. So stop acting like you're and I wont have to treat you like you're 10. And one more time for the record I did not ASSUME he attack my post. When you are capable or reading my mind I'll let you know. Now this is end of this conversation.
                    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-06-2007, 12:22 PM.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by CasualFan
                      I think it was Shanahan who some years ago said that you can't have enough defensive linemen. Whether Thomas pans out or not, it wouldn't hurt to get some more DTs. Last season Warren had to play hurt for much of it, and I think that says something about the quality of the depth we have behind him.
                      In running a 4-3 defense its essential to have several defensive linemen.
                      John 11: 25-27

                      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                      Thanks Snk16

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Well I not the that started in on you with a smart mouth attitude. So stop acting like you're and I wont have to treat you like you're 10. And one more time for the record I did not ASSUMe he attack my post. When you are capable or reading my mind I'll let you know. Now this is end this conversation.
                        I'll try to replay to this horribly written post. Proofread please.

                        Lol. You do this all the time. You nitpick posts and then you talk down to people. You must think you are pretty hot %$^ trolling a message board to make yourself feel smart!

                        Either Cugal and I are wrong, or you are wrong. I like my odds after reading your other posts (my favorite being your position that being "concussion prone" is impossible because everyone can have a concussion! lol. Dictionary.com)

                        Anyways kid, go back to work.
                        Last edited by broncsx3; 05-06-2007, 12:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by broncsx3
                          Lol. You do this all the time. You nitpick posts and then you talk down to people. You must think you are pretty hot %$^ trolling a message board to make yourself feel smart!

                          Either Cugal and I are wrong, or you are wrong. I like my odds after reading your other posts (my favorite being your position that being "concussion prone" is impossible because everyone can have a concussion! lol. Dictionary.com)

                          Anyways kid, go back to work.

                          You nit-picked a one sentence quote of his from that thread and made a smart a$$ comment about it.

                          You + are = You're the one "trolling" the message board, BRO!
                          Last edited by stnzed; 05-06-2007, 12:36 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by stnzed
                            You nit-picked a one sentence quote of his from that thread and made a smart a$$ comment about it.

                            Your the one "trolling" the message board, BRO!
                            Edit: Misread what you wrote.

                            Someone made a post about Cutler being concussion prone. Instead of responding to that post he writes "no one can be concussion prone! It's impossible" and argued stupid semantics (incorrectly).

                            I read these boards all the time, rarely post. But annoying, pointless posts like that make me want to write something. He does that ALL the time. I don't think that's nitpicking at all. It was the entire point of his post!

                            Anyways, we are off topic. I'll shut up about it. I've made my point, you guys can all disagree at your leisure
                            Last edited by broncsx3; 05-06-2007, 12:30 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by broncsx3
                              I didnt even pick out a sentence and nit-pick about it. I read the entire thread and he asked a question about what Cugal was saying. I just read it and totally understood Cugal's point and backed him up.

                              How is that even close to nit-picking? It's not even in the same neighborhood.

                              A better example of nitpicking is if I read your post and said your bolded word "your" should have been "you're". THAT is nit picking.

                              Talking about the concussion prone thread where you sucker punched TX's point that pretty much anyone with a brain and a cranium are susceptible to a concussion.....(I think you are safe though!)
                              Last edited by stnzed; 05-06-2007, 12:39 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Yes, I realized I misread it right away and fixed my post before you posted again. Sorry about that. And haha

                                Seriously though, you + are = you're

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X