Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PK Brandon Pace signed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PK Brandon Pace signed

    Broncos | Pace signed
    Mon, 7 May 2007 15:34:17 -0700

    The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed undrafted free-agent PK Brandon Pace (Virginia Tech).

    I thought Pace did great all 4 years at VT but do we need another kicker. Is Ernster gone or are they bringing him in to be the future Elam?

  • #2
    Originally posted by john_m_92627
    Broncos | Pace signed
    Mon, 7 May 2007 15:34:17 -0700

    The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed undrafted free-agent PK Brandon Pace (Virginia Tech).

    I thought Pace did great all 4 years at VT but do we need another kicker. Is Ernster gone or are they bringing him in to be the future Elam?
    I thought we brought in Pace the day after the draft?

    He could be an interesting guy who we PS and see if he outperforms Ernster and Sauerbrun in a year or two.

    Comment


    • #3
      I wonder how strong his leg is?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
        I wonder how strong his leg is?
        Doesn't look that strong. He has never kicked one over 50 yards and it looks like he didn't punt in college too much (if at all) either. His kickoffs are nothing special either.

        Good news: Posted a 4.6 40 in his junior year, so he's got some speed

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
          Doesn't look that strong. He has never kicked one over 50 yards and it looks like he didn't punt in college too much (if at all) either. His kickoffs are nothing special either.

          Good news: Posted a 4.6 40 in his junior year, so he's got some speed
          Good he'll do wonders for our D, oh wait he's a kicker. Maybe he could be our young saftey.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
            Good he'll do wonders for our D, oh wait he's a kicker. Maybe he could be our young saftey.
            I was looking at all of our punter's college stuff the other day, and it popped up that Ernster won all-region in college as a LB as well as P/K. I think it might have been a typo, but it looks like we like punters with tackling ability

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
              I was looking at all of our punter's college stuff the other day, and it popped up that Ernster won all-region in college as a LB as well as P/K. I think it might have been a typo, but it looks like we like punters with tackling ability

              I guess so
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan

                I guess so
                One of my favorite plays of all time

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                  Doesn't look that strong. He has never kicked one over 50 yards and it looks like he didn't punt in college too much (if at all) either. His kickoffs are nothing special either.

                  Good news: Posted a 4.6 40 in his junior year, so he's got some speed


                  That'll work out great on those no-look passes over the shoulder by J- ...Oh. Wait, nevermind.


                  sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                  sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                  Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan

                    I guess so
                    This is not Ernester... This amazing hit was the work of Todd Sauerbrun.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      just imagine what was going through his head when he was going to make that tackle

                      "oh ****............"
                      sig pic removed by mod staff.
                      we do not allow site advertising.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                        I thought we brought in Pace the day after the draft?

                        He could be an interesting guy who we PS and see if he outperforms Ernster and Sauerbrun in a year or two.
                        I thought he was a place kicker?
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

                        -- Samuel Adams

                        sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rcsodak
                          I thought he was a place kicker?
                          He took care mostly of the kick offs, field goals, and PATs at VT but he was also a punter in HS. I thought that we were grooming Ernster to take over after Elam is gone. I think Pace is good but I wonder if this means Ernster is on his way out?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Folks, don't read too much into the signing of an UDFA placekicker. Mini-camps, training camp, and practice squads all need warm bodies.
                            "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

                            "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just another Leg for camp. Do not reallyt need Elam doing all the ST work.

                              R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X