What's left for Denver to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's left for Denver to do?

As they get ready for next season, I was just wondering what the consensus is for any reamining moves. Will they go after anyone else in particular or try and address a certain postion further? Thoughts...

just win baby

Comment

Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but if that's all there is left to do then "just win baby."

Comment

Originally posted by OKBroncoBoy
        Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but if that's all there is left to do then "just win baby."
        NEVER use that Raiders quote on this site!

The Broncos are really set at almost every position. There are question marks at S and at SLB, but Shanahan has his plan and we'll see if it works.

Right now he's counting on Lynch playing strong, and Ferguson and Brandon coming back from injuries providing depth at S. And he's counting on one of his LBs stepping up to claim the SLB position while he moves D.J. Williams over to MLB.

He could use a backup LB for Ian Gold at some point, but that's down the road.

Next year the Broncos will need another DT to line up to replace Warren who won't be here forever, and Ekuban will be gone via FA, so they'll need another DE for additional depth.
        sigpic

Comment

Wide receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
            Wide receiver.

I agree with you but I am also worried if this happens they will cut Rod Smith. Rod has lost a step or two.

----------------------------------------------
            I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I'm not sure there's much else we can do as far as transactions go. We could always scour the June 1st cuts list to find a player who could be an immediate impact, as well as the practice squads to find a special teams player.

I think that more of the help will come with coaching. Hopefully Bates can do wonders in training camp and our younger players will really improve their techniques.
              I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

sigpic

Comment

I dont think they have enough money to do anything else unless they let go of some people.
                sigpic

Comment

We are set......lets roll!!!!

Dimi
                  BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

Lepsis healthy, and a regular pier 9 brawl in training camp to get the best tackle working the right side. And someone to fill in better at RG than Carlisle, and Hamilton to step up, or someone beat him out.
                    Last edited by gobroncsnv; 05-07-2007, 08:24 PM.

Comment

If we got a stud safety like Sean Taylor or Ed Reed..... we would have an amazing defense.... we'd be set!
                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by I3IzOnCoF4n24
                        If we got a stud safety like Sean Taylor or Ed Reed..... we would have an amazing defense.... we'd be set!

...and yet you didn't want "The Eraser"
                        Last edited by Navin Johnson_; 05-07-2007, 08:33 PM.

Comment

id rather of had michael griffin anyways........ BUT, i would have taken moss over either of the safetys btw....
                          R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

You don't see a contradiction there?

Originally posted by cutlerfan
                            I agree with you but I am also worried if this happens they will cut Rod Smith. Rod has lost a step or two.
                            We should go get a good WR, but if we do we might have to cut a Pro Bowler?

I/T:

Walker, Smith, Graham; Johnson and Henry in the backfield. Marshall, Stokley, Scheffler, Kircus and a cast of thousands ride the bench.

Single back:
                            Same as above, but switch KJ for Marshall/Stokley

2TE:
                            Same as above, but switch Marshall/Stokley for Scheffler

4WR:
                            Walker, Smith, Marshall, Stokley and wish there was a way to get Graham/Scheffler in (and thus there's little reason to trade them for the #4 WR); KJ in the backfield.

5WR:
                            Kircus finally gets to play, too; no back. Don't look for it much 'cos it means we're gettin' shelled. Morgan and Hixon fetch Gatorade™ for Graham and Scheffler. And try to keep Pat from noticing he's paying four receivers to ride the pine while his 5WR set is on the field.

That's assuming all the various UDFA WRs we've signed don't make the cut (which they probably won't, up against THAT). Guys, we're set at WR until/unless Rod retires. I'd probably draft one next year, but if he's healthy again I think Rod's got a couple years left; he still needs a Ring for him and his last kid.

If we could make any move I'd try to sign Randall Godfrey to play SLB (unless his ILB time in SDs 3-4 allows him to play MLB) and let him finish HIS career giving us solid performance for reasonable cash while we find and groom a LB to replace him. We solve our SLB problem and buy just enough time for a long term inexpensive investment; he makes a couple more SB runs. We get a nice price on a key hole filler; he gets a respectable but not stunning paycheck 'cos we all know he'll retire in a few years. And then it's off to the races....
                            Last edited by Morambar; 05-08-2007, 12:27 AM.
                            SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

We crack open our tighest un-opened pack of topps football cards from the 1983 season and look for Elway rookie cards while smoking the fattest cuban cigar and sippin on a fat bottle of Merlot.

This chit is in the bag.....the Lombardi trophy is commin home!!!!!!!!!

Well that is just one idea of what we need to do but I would be happy to listen to any others that are more simple and less bragadocious.
                              "I'm your Huckelberry"

Comment

Working...
                              X