Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Charlie Rogers...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thoughts on Charlie Rogers...

    Seems as though everyone would like another WR and since Shanny likes to gamble on past #1 picks that didn't pan out I was curious as to whether or not anyone would be in favor of giving Rogers a shot. This kid was suppose to be the one coming out of Michigan State and just got stuck in the mud in Detroit. I'm not sure about his medical issues and work ethic, but wouldn't he be worth taking a flyer on?

  • #2
    Originally posted by OKBroncoBoy
    Seems as though everyone would like another WR and since Shanny likes to gamble on past #1 picks that didn't pan out I was curious as to whether or not anyone would be in favor of giving Rogers a shot. This kid was suppose to be the one coming out of Michigan State and just got stuck in the mud in Detroit. I'm not sure about his medical issues and work ethic, but wouldn't he be worth taking a flyer on?
    he's an incredible waste of talent

    all 32 teams have been able to make him part of their team for over a year, and none have, that should tell you something.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      He's lactose intolerant.
      11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

      Comment


      • #4
        I believe Charles Rogers has the size to do well in a West Coast offense, but I wouldn't be in favor in bringing in someone like him. We would be better off if we brought in Keyshawn Johnson for a year or two in order to give Marshall some more time to develop into a starter.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by broncolee
          I believe Charles Rogers has the size to do well in a West Coast offense, but I wouldn't be in favor in bringing in someone like him. We would be better off if we brought in Keyshawn Johnson for a year or two in order to give Marshall some more time to develop into a starter.
          Yeah i agree, bring in Keyshawn to battle for a spot, i wouldn't be mad though if we brought in Rogers

          Comment


          • #6
            Charles Rogers
            -- Failed his drug test 3 times and got suspended
            -- Broke his collarbone twice
            -- its been said he doesn't have the passion to succeed on this level
            -- worked out for the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006, all of whom passed.
            -- Worked out for the Chiefs 4 months ago, running a 4.8 40


            It doesn't look like this guy will ever have a pro career. <shrugs>
            You've got to know when to sack em...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nas
              Charles Rogers
              -- Failed his drug test 3 times and got suspended
              -- Broke his collarbone twice
              -- its been said he doesn't have the passion to succeed on this level
              -- worked out for the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006, all of whom passed.
              -- Worked out for the Chiefs 4 months ago, running a 4.8 40


              It doesn't look like this guy will ever have a pro career. <shrugs>
              damn brah, didn't know all that.....a 4.8 thats horrible he is some garbage man whew he stinks lol!

              Comment


              • #8
                4.8 40? is this a guy who ran a 4.3 in the combine? How the heck does that happen? I've run faster than a 4.8 in college and I'm not half the athlete Rogers is.

                "OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

                "....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

                "My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RebelSyxx
                  4.8 40? is this a guy who ran a 4.3 in the combine? How the heck does that happen? I've run faster than a 4.8 in college and I'm not half the athlete Rogers is.

                  It's what no training does to you.

                  Basically Rogers has told everyone, with his workouts, then he isn't going to dedicate himself and doesn't want to put the extra work in to be productive.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think at this time next year, the media will be saying Walker, Marshall and Hixon are an elite group. So I do not see the need to bring in anyone else unless they have the upside to beat out Stokley and Subway for playing time. I would rather see the WRs we have get as many reps as possible with the 1st team.

                    R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nas
                      Charles Rogers
                      -- Failed his drug test 3 times and got suspended
                      -- Broke his collarbone twice
                      -- its been said he doesn't have the passion to succeed on this level
                      -- worked out for the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006, all of whom passed.
                      -- Worked out for the Chiefs 4 months ago, running a 4.8 40


                      It doesn't look like this guy will ever have a pro career. <shrugs>
                      That is crazy!!! I didn't know any of that either. How in the world does a guy with so much talent and so much at stake turn into a complete flop?!?!?! That's offensive linemen times on the 40's...

                      Oh well, it was worth a thought I guess...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by OKBroncoBoy
                        That is crazy!!! I didn't know any of that either. How in the world does a guy with so much talent and so much at stake turn into a complete flop?!?!?! That's offensive linemen times on the 40's...

                        Oh well, it was worth a thought I guess...
                        Easy, by doing so much dope that he forget how to run and catch. He would have been a great player had he not broken his collar bone, twice.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nas
                          Charles Rogers
                          -- Failed his drug test 3 times and got suspended
                          -- Broke his collarbone twice
                          -- its been said he doesn't have the passion to succeed on this level
                          -- worked out for the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006, all of whom passed.
                          -- Worked out for the Chiefs 4 months ago, running a 4.8 40


                          It doesn't look like this guy will ever have a pro career. <shrugs>
                          you have a link on the 4.8 40?

                          that's ridiculous


                          Made by Snk16

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            seriously?

                            Originally posted by Cutler2007
                            I think at this time next year, the media will be saying Walker, Marshall and Hixon are an elite group. So I do not see the need to bring in anyone else unless they have the upside to beat out Stokley and Subway for playing time. I would rather see the WRs we have get as many reps as possible with the 1st team.

                            walker - sure

                            marshall - hopefully [I remember how much I looked forward to Watts' & Lelie's 2nd and 3rd years too]

                            hixon - wow.
                            Did you see him play against bigger schools? Did you see his bowl games or all-star exhibition games (like the senior bowl etc...)?

                            The reason I ask is because I didn't so I have no idea what his upside is. I believe we can certainly put him in positions to make plays. We're good at that. But has anyone actually seen him make plays, especially as a WR. I can't remember the exact quote but I was sure we picked him for his return experience.
                            "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheChampion
                              you have a link on the 4.8 40?

                              that's ridiculous
                              http://www.prideofdetroit.com/story/.../17/1101/31864

                              http://www.rtsports.com/php/draft-gu...r.php?PN=10421

                              You're right....4.8 IS ridiculous!

                              There are more!......would you like more?
                              Last edited by pipes; 05-08-2007, 06:13 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X